+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Question for MCuban

FORT Newbie
    I read the article on sirliinksalot - it has all news articles about the show.

I think all reality tv show ratings are down because the craze is coming to an end. It's not as interesting anymore and the stuff they are coming up with is horrible like the new one "My Obnoxious Boss"! Come on!! It's now becoming unreality TV. Actually, I take it back, it's always been unreality TV!

There are 2 shows I will watch - The Apprentice and Fear Factor. I have never watched a survivor show - I know I'm the only person who probably hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by photochick71002
    I I think all reality tv show ratings are down because the craze is coming to an end. It's not as interesting anymore and the stuff they are coming up with is horrible like the new one "My Obnoxious Boss"! Come on!! It's now becoming unreality TV. Actually, I take it back, it's always been unreality TV!
    I felt the same way after being bombarded with ads on the show about big fat losers. It seems like a copy off of Dr. Phil's popular shows on his weight loss group.

This is so ABC. You give the show a slot where half the affiliates mess with the time slot and then you get surprised when the ratings suck. Nothing in the 8 pm EST slot will ever do well on ABC. Aack.

I remember when ABC put The Mole 2 and The Family on hiatus. I also heard that All-American Girl was axed too. I was very angry that Mole 2 was on hiatus. It ssems like ABC can't handle the reality biz.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

FORT Fogey
    The all-time ultimate stupid reality show was "Who Wants To Marry Our Dad?"

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    The youngest daughter on the first series of "Who Wants To Marry Our Dad" is now a soap opera star on Passions. She even was given an audition for an opening on The View. A Hollywood actress also sent word that she was interested in the Dad before the series even finished airing.

I did not watch all the episodes of the second "Who Wants To Marry Our Dad". I saw an article that inidicated that they actually planned to continue their relationship.

So, it would seem that the series were not a total waste for the participants at least.

Quote Originally Posted by TvFan05
    Since you say don't like kissing up and prefer honest opinions, I'll give you some of mine...The basic premise of your show is interesting, but is lacking in it's implementation. You want the show to be fun for you as you've said a few times. But that's not enough. This show is not for you alone; otherwise it would be part of your own personal video collection and not be on TV.
    I agree with the gist of TvFan05's post, but...

I would hate for The Benefactor to be an Apprentice clone. What would be interesting in that? I love contests that let you see what makes people tick. I've been to seminars that set up scenarios like this. It should be easy to find tests/contests/etc that will reveal what you are ultimately looking for, Mark. I don't think sex and violence will prove anything positive about the contestants. How people react is perhaps as important as their ability to initiate or perform, but those types of tests are important too. Putting contestants in contrived situations (witnessing an accident or an attack or a theft, being the victim of a theft, etc) to see how they respond to stress, to assess their integrity, to test their resourcefulness and nerve, should make for good TV and give you valuable info.

These are a few ideas that I thought of while watching the show. Justice for all is a big thing for me. After each test I think you personally should evaluate each contestant in the group setting and tell them what you perceive about them based on it. (Sort of like Columbo revealing how the crime was accomplished and "who done it".) After this you should eliminate the person (people) who had more negatives than anyone else based on YOUR observations and perceptions, because that is an important feature of the show.

The first step is to establish you basic criteria of what you are looking for in the eventual winner. Then for heaven's sake don't show your hand. Giving the audience hints and insights as the show progresses will make us feel like we're sharing a secret with you. It gives us buy in to the show and invests us mentally and emotionally.

I think it's great that Mark is interested in our comments, but it doesn't make sense to not point out the good AND the bad.

Here's the good... I thought the basketball LOSER test was great! You were LOSING me up until that episode. The bribe was also a terrific idea. I thought every aspect gave a revealing look into each contestant even though it was technically a "team competition". All around FABULOUS! More, please.

My question to Mark is: Were the basketball players rewarded in some way for their participation?

Quote Originally Posted by TvFan05
    There isn't much of that, at least not like the cat-fight, back-stabbing you see in the "other" show.
    And that is pretty much exactly what I don't like about the other shows...

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    Very lame.. but for me the all-time stupid reality show was The Littlest Groom..man o man

FORT Fogey
    Mark.........

There is a lot of talk that Dominic has gotten preferential treatment. Was there a plan in place to send the odd man out to Cancun and another shot in the game no matter who it turned out to be?

+ Reply to Thread