+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Question for MCuban

Quote Originally Posted by TvFan05
    Sorry, but noone on that show measures up to Omarossa (as a b*tch). But that's just my opinion.
    But Linda is getting there...slowly but surely!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    But Linda is getting there...slowly but surely!!!
    Methinks it's a long ways off. Compare the Linda thread with the Omarossa thread from Apprentice1 and you'll see a big difference in interest generated by the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by TvFan05
    Then we'll have to agree to disagree. What makes "good TV" is what gets audience numbers. Like I said, if he wants the show to be a major success in terms of ratings, he has to build the show with the audience in mind.
    The thing is, I'm not sure that's what he's doing. He's said before on this board that he didn't do the show for ratings. He definitely didn't base his choices on what an ABC producer would recommend. Just from reading his posts here and his blog and whatnot, I really think he doesn't care...but he must care somewhat.

On the other hand, what ABC has done to this show with the time slot guarantees that the ratings won't be as good as they could have been. I'm not saying he had to have the best time slot of the week, but having a firm time and day of the week would be a good start. Not to mention the ridiculous way some people don't see it until 1:15 a.m.

I don't know. It's hard to take people coming in and trashing a show they hate all the time. Got it. Message received. Why not get comfortable in the Trump forum? I don't go over there and repeat that I hate Trump's relentless self-aggrandizement week after blasted week.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    I imagine this show lost a lot of it's audience after the first couple of episodes. Frankly, they weren't that good and there really was no opportunity to get to know the cast members.

The one thing I haven't liked about this show is that people are getting kicked out for spurious reasons. (It's one of the things I don't like about the Apprentice this season too.)

If they were to attempt to do this show again, I would start out with 12 people who are completely different from one another (age-wise, sex-wise, etc.). I would try to find 12 contestants with compelling stories about what they would do with the money. I wouldn't kick anyone off the first episode. The second episode I would give them each $1000 and 48 hours to do something *risky*. I also like the idea of having team competitions, but you could form the teams after the individual efforts have been done.

You know, other than Linda, we have almost no idea of what any of these contestants would do with the money if they won it! It sure would help establish a connection with the audience if we had a clue.

FORT Newbie

Benefactor being cut

I just read an article that said ABC is only airing 2 more episodes and it will end on Oct. 25. They said due to bad ratings ABC is only showing 6 episodes. The next 2 shows will be condensed and still 1 hour - then extreme makeover - home edition will take its spot. Oh well! All I can say is Linda better get the ax and not the cash!!!

I have to admit I know her and her head has been hugely inflated about being on the show - she's as cocky and arrogant in real life - she's not acting. I hope the fact she landed on an unsuccessful show brings her back down to earth.

Linda lives a lifestyle that could not even be bought with 1 million. So, she doesn't need the money!

Quote Originally Posted by photochick71002
    I just read an article that said ABC is only airing 2 more episodes and it will end on Oct. 25. They said due to bad ratings ABC is only showing 6 episodes. The next 2 shows will be condensed and still 1 hour - then extreme makeover - home edition will take its spot.
    I haven't heard that.....do you have a link to where you read it? Hope it's not true.
    kitty-cats rule!

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I don't know. It's hard to take people coming in and trashing a show they hate all the time. Got it. Message received. Why not get comfortable in the Trump forum? I don't go over there and repeat that I hate Trump's relentless self-aggrandizement week after blasted week.
    Hepcat, you're like one of my favorite posters, but if we couldn't snark on stuff we hate what is there to live for?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by photochick71002
    I just read an article that said ABC is only airing 2 more episodes and it will end on Oct. 25. They said due to bad ratings ABC is only showing 6 episodes. The next 2 shows will be condensed and still 1 hour - then extreme makeover - home edition will take its spot. Oh well! All I can say is Linda better get the ax and not the cash!!!
    This stinks...first it was pre-empted now its being condensed. This stinks...
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

I had read that the show was only planned for six episodes for the first season. In my market this series has always been scheduled as the first prime time show of the evening. On Monday fnight football was shown after The Benefactor. 10/11 was the first evening that The Benefactor was not listed on the local schedule and replaced with a political state debate program.

This program has low ratings due to low viewer interest and not a programming problem. I posted an article on a thread about TV programming which indicates that the ratings are lower this season for most reality TV shows including The Apprentice. Survivor is the highest rated reality show.

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Hepcat, you're like one of my favorite posters, but if we couldn't snark on stuff we hate what is there to live for?
    Snark is great, but just simply posting "this show sucks" once a week is pointless.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread