+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Question for MCuban

Here's another suggestion - and I'm not just saying this because I would win season two if I was on it (sorry.... had to throw that in). If he REALLY wants to set himself apart on a show - give away $5 million. I mean... hell... everyone gives away 1 million bucks. If you are a billionaire, then you can afford $5 million (that's probably about the average salary of his Basketball players). But that would absolutely generate some buzz. And... in conjunction with giving someone on TV $1 million - then do a simeltaneous (sp?) online competition where a viewer can win a million. Nothing gets people watching like getting their own shot at some money. Maybe a "fantasy benefactor" competition - where they have to pick the winners, or even a weekly trivia contest with one winner being drawn for the "finals" - and the triva is based on each show (ie: What color was the guitar that the dumbass smashed?).

Anyway... back to my point.... give away a larger sum of money. I'm not sure how much actually comes out of his pocket - and how much comes from the shows revenue's, but if you want to get some folks watching - then do something to really generate some buzz.

That's my opinion.

FORT Fogey
    I think $1,000,000 is a big enough prize. After all, most people will never even see that much money in a lifetime.

I just think the show needs 1) less contestants from the start 2) more time to get to know the contestants before they start cutting 3) greater diversity among the contestants (age and ability-wise) 4) more of an Oprah-style "Benefactor" theme.

I know Marc likes the competive challenges, but there are so many ways to have competitive challenges. Just as an example, what would happen if all these people sat down and played poker against each other?

Out of all the episodes so far, I've liked the last one the best. Given $1,000 -- what did each contestant do with the money? That was a good episode! The only thing I didn't like about the episode was that Spencer was the only one with brainpower and technological ability. What would have happened if there had been two or three Spencers? Would one of them have created a robot?! (I used to work with a bunch of techy type guys and they could come up with some of the wackiest ideas!) I'd also give the contestants more time -- like at least 24 hours, or maybe even two days to come up with and execute an idea.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts on this... Just personally, I think it would be fabulous to have the chance to create a top TV show. Marc is really lucky!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    When did Mark turn French ? ( Marc)

My sons said this show reminds them of a cleaned up version of MXS somehow. They are forced to watch all manner of reality TV because of mom's wacky hobby. They enjoy it .

Was there a specific demographic you were going for via ABC's oh so knowledgeable advice? Or did you just throw it out there and say it is what it is?

FORT Newbie

i did it for fun

why not ?

I wasnt looking for a specific demo. I was looking to put together something that reflected what I went through.

bottom line premise. If i can make it. Anyone can. Bring in normal people, put them in a situation where there is a ton of pressure and money at stake, and see what happens.

You havent really seen the craziness yet. We had to clean out the pretenders. Now the split personalities. Lies. tests. all come out

like i said , i did it for fun, and it was

Well, it looks like you're having a blast! Love the show. I can't wait to see the fireworks!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Well, I'm glad it wasn't ruined by ABC's poor TV skills and that they let you run with it. It's usually the type of show FOX puts on. See that's the difference between this and that other show ( not that I sat through any more than a half an hour of it mind you) . Nothing that comes out of you looks like it's read from a TelePrompter.

Can't wait for craziness . Even though he has that Jeff Goldblum vibe , I'm pulling for the nerd ( Spenser).

Were you really surprised and/or impressed by anything that someone did - or is that the craziness you are telling us to look for ?

I liked Chris and was sorry to see him go. He seemed like a sincere guy with a nice personality. I had the impression that he was cut by the group because he was perceived as the biggest threat due to his athleticism and personality.

I thought the Head Coach was so cooperative because he could not pass up the free prime time advertising spot.

Hey Marc,
    I'm in Florida and still waiting to see last weeks show! I think it comes on Sunday night at 1130pm. Really! I have it set up on TIVO and recorded it last week. Whats up with the bad time slot? Ok I know football pushed you out last week, but in Miami you were not on after football. At least not on the cable TV guide.

People have to be able to see it to get ratings, maybe Donald owns the station down here
    Support the FORT - Go Green

FORT Fogey
    I think almost all TV is aimed at those between 18 to 49 because they are "consumers" and advertisers like those demographics. What's cool though is when a show manages to get top rankings with all age groups.

Well, I'm anxious to see what else will happen. So far, I think I'm pulling for Kevin to win the $$$.

FORT Newbie

call the station

Rumi
    call the station, email them , have your friends do the same and complain....

enough people do and things will change !

+ Reply to Thread