+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 9/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    I thought this was the best episode so far.

I'm glad to see Shawn gone. Yikes! She was a scary teacher-type! If she were male, you would wonder if she had bodies buried under her house or something!

Of the remaining 10, I liked Spencer and the black nanny the best. I think those two definitely know what they would do with the money and they aren't in this *just as a lark.*

The black girl who wants to design clothing would obviously do well to take some classes in design, though I think her heart is in it. I like Linda too, though I'm sure she would use the money to help her mother. (My relatives are all from Massachusetts too and that's what they do there.)

The skydiver (she never did say she was afraid of heights) and Dominic would be the next two I would get rid of.

Overall, this was the best show of the three so far. I think "the Benefactor" might be a good show if it had less contestants and more *purpose* to it. If Marc Cuban was looking for people with big dreams, he might have done well to interview them himself before they were accepted for the TV show.

It seems like some of the contestants only have the dream of having someone give them a million dollars -- even if they would just throw it away in a week. (Dominic would probably throw one whopping huge party!!)

Curious episode! I'm in the camp that was slightly appalled that Dominic smashed the guitar. Seriously, you're not '70s Pete Townshend . . . I don't understand why everybody has to do the cliched "rockstar" thing. And if a guitar is that expensive, it should be out of the question. That just shows that you're taking things for granted.

*gets off soapbox*

A-hem. Anyway, Eny, you should be on this show! You've got some great observations and ideas.

I really liked the principle of Femia's idea. Spencer was, as Mark said, the intellectual star of the group. Both very, very good moves.

FORT Fogey
    Having thought about this for about a *little bit* -- at this point I would split the money between Spencer and the black nanny (who has Oprah's photo in his wallet). I think they both not only deserve the money but they would know what to do with it.

Frankly I think being a black male nanny shows you are one to take risks! Does everyone else agree?!!

Spencer is a challenge though... He's smart enough to do things. Maybe Marc Cuban should just hire him?

I was hoping that Mario would win. He just seemed more of an average guy, surrounded by a bunch of people whose egos were bigger than their talent.

It's hard not to want Linda to win, when you consider what she wants the money for, but I just can't warm up to her.

Now that he is gone I think that Kevin and Spencer are the most likeable contestants left. It's hard to cheer too much for Spencer because he gives me the feeling that he will be successful anyway.

Kevin has my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by octobergirl
    I thought what Dominic did with the money was cool, and shocking, and I knew he was in when he did it. But I was scared about him being that near the pool and acting so crazy with an electric guitar, too.
    The wires running to an electric guitar (or a microphone for that matter) carry very little current. It would not be dangerous to fall into a pool with one (in the same way that it would not be dangerous to fall into a pool with a flashlight). The only very slight risk would be if he pulled an amp into the pool too, but considering that the plug would pop out of the socket long before the amp was dragged into the pool that's not a realistic worry.

Last episode was a tad boring

Reminds me of when I started watching the Real World and Big Brother. I'll check in though because I am a big fan of the Mavericks.

"The definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I gave this show a third shot last night (because it aired here last night instead of last Monday).

I'll have to say, this was by far the best episode. Why? Because there was actually a point to this one!

I was horrified at the smashing guitar thing. So now, how is that $1000 going to help his FUTURE dreams? I thought that was the point, but maybe I'm wrong. If he wanted to be a rock star, wouldn't it be good to actually KEEP the guitar?

Spencer was by FAR the best concept. He totally got it. Femia -- liked hers as well.

I really have no idea why Dominic and the blonde skydiving gal made it to the finals so easily.

Anyway, this was the third strike, you're out episode for me, but since there was no Jenga decisions, and there was actually a competition involved this time, I'll watch again tonight.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Newbie

thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    I gave this show a third shot last night (because it aired here last night instead of last Monday).

I'll have to say, this was by far the best episode. Why? Because there was actually a point to this one!

I was horrified at the smashing guitar thing. So now, how is that $1000 going to help his FUTURE dreams? I thought that was the point, but maybe I'm wrong. If he wanted to be a rock star, wouldn't it be good to actually KEEP the guitar?

Spencer was by FAR the best concept. He totally got it. Femia -- liked hers as well.

I really have no idea why Dominic and the blonde skydiving gal made it to the finals so easily.

Anyway, this was the third strike, you're out episode for me, but since there was no Jenga decisions, and there was actually a competition involved this time, I'll watch again tonight.
    thanks bravo fan... tonight is a little more traditional...to a point.

tell me if you can pick who takes the bribe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mcuban

Let me guess...like "The Apprentice" (except with a bribe attached), right?
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcuban

Well, I'm really really bad at guessing these type of things for any show, but... I'm going to say Tiffany. I pick her only because I think she may have realized that she's going to have a hard time competing with some of the other folks, and thinks a bird in hand is worth two in the bush (I think that's what they say, anyway )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast