+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 9/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Let the games begin...I mean continue

Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    I say if the guy has money he wants to give away, he gets to choose the rules. The fun is that they are his rules. Pure mind candy show. Whats next.
    I agree. I guess I just expected more substance and fairness. It comes across to me that this is just a lark for Mark (hey that rhymes so it must be true). He has every right to toy with these people. They gave him the right when they signed up.

Just chatting with him about business could make the show worthwhile to the contestants. He presumably has more that money to offer.

As John Hiatt sang:

"Oh it breaks my heart to see those stars
    smashing a perfectly good guitar
    I don't know who they think they are
    Smashing a perfectly good guitar .....

There out to be a law with no bail
    Smash a guitar and you go to jail
    with no chance for early parole
    until you get some soul"

Obviously, Dominic found it too hard to actually bother learn the guitar. If he had intended to continue with the guitar after the show, he would not have smashed it. So, better by far to do something showy and go for the million. The type of "Rock Star" he wants to be is the instant star, made famous because of a video; not the actual musician who earns his way to the top.

As a game strategy, I give him lots of credit. Mark Cuban likes him. And he is amusing in a frat boy/jock sort of way. And he does swing for the fences, which is apparently what the show is about. He has a good chance of winning.

However as a person I think that he is incredibly shallow and obnoxious. Five minutes of his company must have people running for the exits.

I am glad to see Shawn gone. At least we won't have to listen to any more of her interviews telling us how great she is. Did she just decide that she was getting kicked out of the show anyway, so she might as well not spend any of the $1000 and get something out of the experience.

After last week, seeing him with the kids, I thought that Latanne had a good chance of going far, but he just seemed lost last night. Did he think that he looked like a Ramone with that leather jacket and wig?

I was also suprised to hear that there were hockey fanatics in Dallas. I thought they all lived here in Canada.

FORT Newbie
    The only thing that would have made Dominic's "performance" a thrill for me is if he had destroyed the guitar by jumping into the pool while he was still holding onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by MargoPolo
    The only thing that would have made Dominic's "performance" a thrill for me is if he had destroyed the guitar by jumping into the pool while he was still holding onto it.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. Obviously Mark likes this guy, he mentioned "brutal honesty". I still don't buy it. All I could think of was that this guy will get the million, buy a 50000 sq ft home (or a 1500 sq ft home in California) and burn it to the ground. What an accomplishment!

If I were giving away money, I'd want to make sure someone did SOMETHING productive with it. But that's me and its not my show and its not my money
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Grrrr. When the show finally came on at about 10:20 here last night, KOMO my local ABC affiliate decided to join it already in progress. :phhht

A performance with sizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by MargoPolo
    When he was jumping around like a monkey beside that pool, I was sure he would fall in. I kept thinking...isn't that an electric guitar as in electrocution, you dope? Let's reflect on that outcome for a moment. or or

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV
    LOL, I was thinking the same thing. Obviously Mark likes this guy, he mentioned "brutal honesty". I still don't buy it. All I could think of was that this guy will get the million, buy a 50000 sq ft home (or a 1500 sq ft home in California) and burn it to the ground. What an accomplishment!
    Mark made the comment that when he first met Dominic he thought he was a nice looking house but nobody was home. Dominic is a weird looking and acting
    guy. Mark was right about nobody being home.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Going skydiving, playing in a band, playing hockey...those are ALL ideas worthy of being cut, IMO. Mark obviously wanted to see them do something with their money that would bring a return on it.
    Unfortunately, I missed the episode as I was out for dinner. Hm, well, the first thing that comes to my mind if I had $1,000 from Mark is that I would buy as many shares of EBAY as I could with it.

I thought what Dominic did with the money was cool, and shocking, and I knew he was in when he did it. But I was scared about him being that near the pool and acting so crazy with an electric guitar, too.

So glad Shawn was gone, her voice when she was reading the book was soooo fake, it was so annoying! Glad that Cuban finally saw through her and let her go.

It also seemed to me that the people that he kicked off were the ones that didn't really use all the money. Isn't it pretty cheap to register a domain name, like $10? And a blank pad of paper....a couple of dollars at most? And what about a dance lesson? I have no idea on that one, but surely not $1000?
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Quote Originally Posted by octobergirl
    But I was scared about him being that near the pool and acting so crazy with an electric guitar, too.
    Now replace the word "scared" with "hopeful" and you've got my sentiments about Dominic.

Most of the people I liked have been cut already. I'm not even sure who to root for now.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast