+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 9/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Looks like next week, they have to put together a team who plays HORSE for them. The losing team is given a substantial cash prize to leave the game, and "one accepts".

O. K.!!!!! Finally....I really enjoyed this one. No Jenga, no chairman of the board with kids....a REAL show of what's going on! My favorite show so far.

The one thing that stands out to me, is Dominic! He is SUCH a poser! Calls himself a rock star, has never picked up a guitar, tries to learn it in one day, can play 3 chords, calls in a big name band and plays rhythm guitar..............then he SMASHES the $1000 guitar that he could use to possibly further his career and Mark Cuban keeps him??????????

That would have been an easy calll for me...CUT HIM! He has no respect for the $1000 just given to him. Am I the only person that sees through this guy???
    kitty-cats rule!

everybody! I'm very sorry that the show airs at such a weird time here, and thus I can't really discuss the show with you. It's just no fun at all.

Mark, since you never see me around, I'm enjoying the show so far.

I can't see it yet on the west coast, but I love the idea of letting the five keepers pick their 6th person. I wonder if that choice will have a bearing on whom Mark picks later.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I think they made a HUGE mistake keeping Linda over Chris. Remember, Linda has the sympathy vote because of her mother (not that it counts a lot - but she has definately played it up a little). She is clearly smart, and if for some reason there is some sort of physical challenge (I know it's not fear factor, but there could be a challenge involving stamina or something), she would definatley stand out.

I agree also that Dominic should have been gone. Cuban said he kept him because he "made him laugh"....... Mark.... you have enough money to hire a court jester if that's what you need.

I'm disappointed that fewer people took inititave to try to parlay their money into something more. I liked the patent idea (and so did Mark) even if I didn't understand what it did. And obviously the clothing design, and recording a song won - both of which were ideas that could lead to "bigger and better things" for the respective contestant in the future. If it was me, I would have tried to walk out the door in the morning with $1000, and walk in the door at the end of the day with $2000. If anything would impress a businessman - it would be showing that you can make money.

I agree that this episode was better than the others. I really do like the show and the concept... it just needs a little "fine tuning". I think now that we're getting down to fewer contestants, then it will be more cutthroat... and thus more interesting.

Linda and Dominic are my least favorites out of the remaining contestants. But then again I don't have a favorite on this show. Are these really the most interesting contestants Mark could find for this show? The annoying school teacher must have decided to just pocket the $1,000 instead of even making an effort to do anything productive in an attempt to convince Mark not to give her the boot.

[mod edit to remove potential future spoilers]
    Last edited by John; 09-28-2004 at 12:18 AM.

Should I watch again?

I like the premise of the show, but the execution isn't really doing anything for me. I will probably watch it next week, but only if there isn't anything better on. When the show and tell began, I figured I misunderstood the challenge. Other than the guy who had everyone but Mark yawning, the only one who made sense to me was the one who wrote/recorded a song. Dominic and his "I'm going to teach myself how to play the guitar before 8:00." clearly is too unrealistic to be there. (I think he ended up hating that guitar and that's the real reason he smashed it.)

This show is slightly better than The Littlest Groom.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I don't understand the people that turned it into a "lets spend the money on ME" game. The challenge as I understood it was to take the money and make something of it.

Christine - Pageant princess , why would everyone want to see you take yet another dance lesson?

Latane - lame , a twelve year old could have made that website.

Watermelon - why would we want to see you skydive, and how is that going to make you money? The nyah-nyah-nyah factor was way too high on that one.

Chris - even though he stole my strap on the skates idea , it was pretty self serving , unless of course Chris was really great prospect and was expecting an invite to training camp. ( And Tippett only did it for Mark , anyone else and he would have given his patented $%^&# answer. Oh yes, Eddie Belfour is laughing out his butt at you for ruining the Stars)

Dominic - again self serving unless he made a pact with that band to make some cash from his exposure on the show later.

Femia - Great idea - cover my eyes horrible fashion. BUT someone might buy it. Jean Paul Gauthier had to start somewhere

Spenser- Any idea that no-one else can remotely understand is automatically a good one.

Linda- I'm sure her mom's tragedy is noteworthy , but if you polled that crew , I'm sure you aren't the only one who has tragedy in their lives. In fact a few of them have mentioned missing parents. I would have liked to see her do something postive with her profession.

Shawn - Oh my , she's not only a teacher but a mom? Very scary. I hope the kids weren't allowed to watch. I'm sure your notepad cost less than $1000, and kids don't want to hear about how you want a million bucks.

Kevin- a good try . I don't know how it would make money except via the William Hung factor , but some real effort went into it anyway.

Since the object was to squash the competition with the last cut, they failed. Linda is the real competitor.

Who I'd like? - Linda
    Who will ?- Spenser.

The software engineer was the most logical contestant to me even with them making such a big effort to edit out the full concepts and design of his program and patent. I was not surprised that he went over the heads of the rest of the contestants.

Dominic crashing a $1,000 guitar and jumping in the pool seemed more like grounds for being called crazy than Stacie carrying around an eight ball. I also thought he had cheated by exceeding the $1,000 given him by including a publicity hungry band willing to work for free.

Linda's computer phobia really was a joke.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast