+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you have done with his time?

What would you have done with his time?

I actually thought this was a great idea for a competition. I was sitting there thinking of ways to entertain a billionaire. He seemed to really want to get to know the contestants rather than just stay busy. I wonder what research tools were available to them? (internet, blah blah).

I was thinking maybe a production of talents? (chef, singer, dancer, bartender, artist, etc)..

Really hard thing to do I would imagine.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

FORT Newbie
    How about make him sit and watch reruns of The Apprentice?

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV
    I actually thought this was a great idea for a competition. I was sitting there thinking of ways to entertain a billionaire. He seemed to really want to get to know the contestants rather than just stay busy. I wonder what research tools were available to them? (internet, blah blah).

I was thinking maybe a production of talents? (chef, singer, dancer, bartender, artist, etc)..

Really hard thing to do I would imagine.
    I would have taken him to a hole in the wall bar and let him hang with my family. We are all a bunch of crazy folks anyway might as well let him in on that and let him have fun. I guess I would not have done anything extravagant.

Telltaleorange: When the third group ran out of time, I turned to my husband and said, "at least take him to a bar."

I don't know. Honestly, the video games and go karts seemed silly to me, and I wouldn't have thought of doing something like that in a million years. It surprised me that two teams went the route of entertaining him. I would have gone with the angle of trying to showcase my business talents. I think I would have been a dismal failure on this show.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I believe I would have failed miserably on this one too.... What do you do with a billionaire that isn't considered wasting his time? I was at a total loss on this one.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Taken him to his American Airlines Center , laced on some skates , and let the boys from the Stars convince him why he should try and duplicate Bill Davidson's feat .
    (lessons silly , not enforcer types ones either.)
    All the fun - no travel . Lord Stanley enjoys the Texas sun more than the beach.

Gosh, Eny, to my non-hockey ears your entire post was gobbedly gook. Again, I'd be a dismal failure on this show.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Aw jeez Hep , I'm sorry

- The Dallas Stars have a current owner that's always complaining to the press and threatening to sell the team. It was widely speculated this spring the team was available to anyone who asked. Right now no one wants to play there because of that.
    - The Star share the same arena with the NBA Mavericks which Cuban already owns.
    - This spring Davidson owner of both the NBA Pistons and the NHL Lightning , took home the top prize in both leagues. I don't think that's ever been done before. There were many pics of him with BOTH trophies. Funny thing is , I get the impression he cares about neither sport.
    Davidson's teams are in Detriot and Tampa Bay , so it was an exhausting feat to attend the games , and he usually just went to the NBA ones.
    - The Dallas Stars won the top prize in Hockey in hockey in 1999 making them the first sun belt team to do so. It was the first time the Stanley cup ( or Lord Stanley after the guy who first gave it out over 100 years ago) had spent the summer in a warm climate.

So in short if Mark decided he liked hockey, bought the team , turned it and the basketball team back around so they won both trophies , he could do it without the travel the other guy did since both teams are already in the same arena. All this because you laced the skates on him and made him realize ice was way more fun than parquet floor.

Great way to spend a couple of hours.

Bring him to someone that could teach him how to make a good show.

Bring him to a Mavs game - don't think he's ever been.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast