+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you have done with his time?

Thanks for spelling it out for me, eny. I try not to be ignorant but I didn't have a clue about your first post.

Now here's a weird thing: now that I'm recapping Trading Spouses, I find that it's a staple of the show for the "new" moms to take their "new" kids to those fun zones with the arcade games and go karts. It still doesn't seem like a 3,000 dollar idea to me.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Regular
    When was the last time Mark went to a strip bar? Maybe the team that lost could have taken him there for the last 45 minutes. If I'm not mistaken, Mark had a pretty wild time in his college days and had managed/owned a bar which got shut down for having wet t-shirt nights. He would have had a great time getting drunk and watching the ladies. But then, this is a family show.

crazy Mark and his high expectations

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Trading Spouses, I find that it's a staple of the show for the "new" moms to take their "new" kids to those fun zones with the arcade games and go karts. It still doesn't seem like a 3,000 dollar idea to me.
    That's what I was thinking as I watched the show. I can't imagine that a day for 5 people at an arcade spent $25,000 (or whatever their budget was.)

I would've failed miserably on this task, too. I thought he wanted them to take his time and money and MAKE money. . . that's what Trump would've wanted. But, I guess he just wanted to be entertained for the full 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by charity
    That's what I was thinking as I watched the show. I can't imagine that a day for 5 people at an arcade spent $25,000 (or whatever their budget was.)
    The budget was $2,500 for the team. That's only $500 per person to spend. Plus, a stretch Hummer probably aint cheap to rent for an entire day (recall that they used it later that evening for the players to go out and party). And, the team went out for drinks after the arcade. They might have had some money leftover, just in case.

Now, what bothered me a bit was that the contest didn't seem to start out as, "Entertain Me For Three Hours". It was, "you have me for three hours to do whatever you want." Initially, I thought it was an opportunity for the teams to pick Mark's brain and get investing tips or an introduction to the world of high finance.

In other words, I thought it was supposed to be about the team members, not Mark.

Since, however, it did turn out to be a game all about Mark, I guess what the players did was correct. Simply do some research into his life to figure out what he may or may not like to do and then pick one. Perhaps you could call his wife or friends for advice.

Of course, even then you might not get a good idea of what would impress him, but rather you'd find out what he likes already.

Now, the best and boldest idea would be to corner Mark himself and ask him what he wants to do. It would be helpful to have a small list of ideas first. It might spoil the surprise for him, but it would also prevent an unpleasant surprise for you. He might respect your team for your straight-forwardness.
    -- Flash

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12