+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't get it..

I don't get it..

What's the point of this show? The contestants act like Mark Cuban's lap dogs and whoever kisses enough butt gets a million bux? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    What's the point of this show? The contestants act like Mark Cuban's lap dogs and whoever kisses enough butt gets a million bux? Am I missing something?
    Mark explains it much better than I can, so check out his blog... http://www.blogmaverick.com/

FORT Newbie
    No, I think you got it.

Unfortunately, it can very much look like that. Without any real structure to the game, the decision on who to eliminate will be the sole decision of Mark, and he can eliminate anyone at anytime for any reason.

Unless he is very careful about his decisions, he could easily fall into the trap of eliminating people who don't kiss butt. So far, I don't see that he is doing that. In fact, watch the extra footage to see where he catches someone kissing too much butt.

He looks to be playing fair. Time will tell if that can continue.
    -- Flash

FORT Regular
    i wish i had his job....what a life...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    Mark explains it much better than I can, so check out his blog... http://www.blogmaverick.com/
    I did check it out. Full of cliches and slogans. :phhht

I actually kinda like this show....its definitely not predictable!

That makes two of us. I don't like Mark Cuban period. He is trying to come across as Donald Trump. Trump has a personality Mark Cuban is a boring jerk. No point to this feeble show.

FORT Fogey
    see I see it the other way... I think Mark actually has a personality, and Donald is a boring jerk...

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I can't stand this show. I have honestly tried to like it even.. but he's just too damned egotistical.

The best show for me to describe The Benefactor against, is The Assistant. Andy Dick was making a total joke of every reality show, and he was very accurate in how the shows will just randomly, off a whim..eliminate. Or even the competitions...random, stupid ones.
    I watched this show and was astounded how dead-on Mark Cuban was acting, it's exactly what Andy Dick was emulating in his hysterical spoof of reality shows.

His face even bothers me.

/geez
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast