+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 9/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by belvedeere
    No, the kids were annoying little adults who couldn't see past superficial qualities and appreciate those who are a little different and unconventional. Of course they are enamored by the good-looking blond boy and are repulsed by the least attractive teammembers. Gee, how endearing.
    But this whole show is different and unconventional. Which is the main thing I like about it. There is absolutely no way for me to guess what will happen next week.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I watched it last week and I thought some of it seemed strange to me, for sure, but I refrained from commenting because Mark-Freakin'-Cuban was in the forum at the same time as the rest of us, and I honestly felt more inclined to hold off on my criticism.

Yes, I felt bullied by the billionaire, but now I don't give a rip.

]
    You felt bullied by a billionaire because he was on the forum and so you couldn't speak your mind? You felt BULLIED?? What was he going to do to you, commit murder over the internet??!!

You felt bullied by a billionaire because he was on the forum and so you couldn't speak your mind? You felt BULLIED?? What was he going to do to you, commit murder over the internet??!!
    Maybe Mark has another million he wants to give away, and maybe he wants to give it to his favorite FORTer, and maybe Pom just blew her chance!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Apparently I'm easier to please than the rest of you. I like this show.
    I do too. I just can't watch it until after Monday Night Football and the local news (last week they showed the Benefactor before the news). Not this week.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I have mixed feelings about this show. Knowing it was Cuban's, I didn't have high expectations. I wouldn't even dare put it in the same sentence with The Apprentice. Therefore, I'm not disappointed when I watch his pointless zany show.

FORT Fogey
    Here's something I didn't get. There was a huge speil with Mark going on about how important time was to him and how he made the goal to retire at 35 so he could make the most of his precious time.
    He takes a breath. Then starts talking about how great it is to go to the arcade because he never has the time to go cause he's always so busy and maybe in ten years he'll find the time to go again.
    What the...??? The man is a walking contradiction.

I'm starting to think that Mark got his money the same way one of his contestants will. LUCK!!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    What was he going to do to you, commit murder over the internet??!!
    Well our Amanda did have that knife thing she was working on ...

Kids are a great judge of character, and you can't put up the superficial bull with them. They can smell fear. IMHO they sussed out the most annoying ones. I did like Mario though, and maybe the catholic schoolkid guilt shut the Tatooed one down.
    The psycho second grade teacher just turned on her best "shut the kids the hell up" act on. I'm surprised they didn't catch on to the teacher speak.
    Steve Nash was my favourite Mav too , but only because he was a Canuck , and short

I love the randomness of the show , because it's just like life. Remember that old board game?

FORT Fogey
    Shawn said "I don't like women. Because they are all catty."
    Is that not the most catty thing ever said???

Her "performance" on the show so far has been terrible, and yet, because three children say she should stay, she stays.
    What tripe.

[QUOTE=touque]Here's something I didn't get. There was a huge speil with Mark going on about how important time was to him and how he made the goal to retire at 35 so he could make the most of his precious time.
    He takes a breath. Then starts talking about how great it is to go to the arcade because he never has the time to go cause he's always so busy and maybe in ten years he'll find the time to go again.
    What the...??? The man is a walking contradiction.
    QUOTE]
    Good Point Touque. I didnt think of that. I probably take home $25k a year BUT somehow, I found a way to go to an adult arcade this weekend... What is Mark waiting for to 'enjoy' life and retire so he can 'do the things he wants'? Maybe he needs a Trillion Dollars. Maybe THEN he can 'retire'??

And, I'm sorta bothered how at the beginning he stresses how he is giving away ONE. MILLION. DOLLARS.... Like that is a shocker anymore? At least give $2mill. or $5mill. and then you can stress the amount... $1mill. to this guy is literally like $10 dollars to you and me.... Don't believe it. Take out your calculator and figure out what $25k is to $3billion....

Well, I'll tell you what - $1,000,000 would make a hell of a difference in my life. I wish I had known about how to apply to this show.

I'll tell you that to me, I kind of like the idea of the show. Sure, Mark Cuban is a little different. But he is a self-made guy - not someone that inherited daddy's money. He probably wasn't the most popular person growing up, so for him, his popularity is based on his wealth. His money allows him to be who he wants to be without worrying about how other folks see him.

I do notice that the show does seem to follow the formula of so many of the "reality" shows these days where the "average" folks are eliminated before the pretty people. That's unfortunate, because there are a lot more of us "average" folks out here. I personally root for the little guy.

I hope this show does well, because I can't wait to apply for the second season.
    Last edited by cwipperman; 09-21-2004 at 12:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread