+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 9/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Jay
    I saw the first two episodes. I didn't like either and this show has lost me forever.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Jeez, there goes my canucks like funky stuff theory

Jay
    So sorry for disproving your theory.

Fort Fan
    Touque,

I have a question for you in regards to your comment,

"Everything he talks about is pretty much common knowledge"

Why aren't there more people applying this is "common knowledge" and becoming billionaires?

As far as this comment goes,

"But don't try to tell me that the reason we don't get it is we are not digging deeply enough."

What I meant by this comment is if we want to achieve the level of financial success Mark has achieved, we need to dig deep and take a very serious look at our own lives. What areas do we need to change to be more successful? How can we apply the principles Mark teaches and earn more money? It isn't a clear cut answer. We all have roadblocks and circumstances that are hindering our ability to rise to the top. Just like it takes time and effort to understand the writings of Shakespeare, it takes time and effort to understand what we need to do in our own lives to earn more money and find more success.
    Last edited by Jennie; 09-21-2004 at 06:36 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie
    "Everything he talks about is pretty much common knowledge"

I have a question for you.

Why aren't there more people out there applying this is "common knowledge" and becoming billionaires?
    The information he gives on the show is common knowledge. I don't think he is giving any new advice on how to becoming successful. I think that is better found in business schools.

"But don't try to tell me that the reason we don't get it is we are not digging deeply enough."

What I meant by this comment is if we want to achieve the level of financial success Mark has achieved, we need to deep and take a very serious look at our own lives.t areas do we need to change to be more successful? How can we apply the principles Mark teaches and earn more money? It isn't a clear cut answer. We all have roadblocks and circumstances that are hindering our ability to rise to the top. Just like it takes time and effort to understand the writings of Shakespeare, it takes time and effort to understand what we need to do in our own lives to earn more money and find more success.
    This is what you said.
    "You have to think about the underlying reasons tasks are chosen and compare them to the business principles Mark is trying to teach...You can't just watch the tasks and not consider the meaning behind them. You need to dig deeper and consider how the tasks compare to real life."

Seems you were talking about digging deeper in understanding the tasks, not about digging deeper in one's own life. .

Watching other people waste Mark's time was just wasting my time. It doesn't interest me to watch Mark play DDR because I don't really care about him either way. It would be a different story if the pope was playing it but in mainstream entertainment, Mark isn't that interesting of a person and I didn't think that was good TV at all. Watching Mark who is deathly afraid of heights try out that ride he was too scared to go on would have been good TV or at least better than what else was shown.

I have respect for the game because I like the concept of pushing people with $1,000,000 to complete these tasks and come up with solutions, etc. that really show who they are as people but the way it's been executed sucks IMO. And the eliminations are totally unfair and it's making this show look more like a novelty act with Mark as the lead clown.

Also, come on people. This show is not about how to be successful, it's about making people jump through hoops. If Mark wants to teach us how to be successful, give us a nice step-by-step with broadcast.com. I will not be looking towards this show when I'm thinking about how to be successful. My own experiences maybe and never this show.

Fort Fan

Bad News

Inspite of how much I like the show it is not doing well in the Phoenix, AZ market. The first episode was broadcast twice last week (Tuesday and Thursday). They aren't even running the second episode.

Fort Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by touque
    The information he gives on the show is common knowledge. I don't think he is giving any new advice on how to becoming successful. I think that is better found in business schools.

This is what you said.
    "You have to think about the underlying reasons tasks are chosen and compare them to the business principles Mark is trying to teach...You can't just watch the tasks and not consider the meaning behind them. You need to dig deeper and consider how the tasks compare to real life."

Seems you were talking about digging deeper in understanding the tasks, not about digging deeper in one's own life. .
    Excellent Points. Thanks for the clarification Tougue

FORT Fogey
    You know, I think I would have liked this show a lot better if it were done in an "Oprah" sort of way. Maybe Mark could have taken the million dollars and divided it up so the first place finisher got $500,000, second place X amount and so on. Then he would seem a little more like a real "Benefactor." They could have started with fewer contestants and not eliminated so many every week. And the contestants could have shown more of why they were deserving of the money. (Notice I said "deserving" and not "lucky.") Mark could have set up tasks for them to show why they deserve to win first prize. Viewers would have at least gotten a chance to know who the people were before they were eliminated.

+ Reply to Thread