+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Benefactor: Episode One Recap – Stupid is as Stupid Does

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Manny, great job! You caught it all and told it well! The only thing I'm amazed about is that our gambler left-I thought for sure she'd be able to pull it off. That, I gues, is what you get for listening to a smack-talker talk the talk!

Manny! Fantastic recap!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Excellent recap, Manny!

I cracked up over the guitar line as well.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Newbie

Great recap

Its better than I could have written Manny, and I was there !

And the jenga game was better than I could have played to. I was sweating just watching. I thought no way they last more than 10 minutes. The game went on more than 45 minutes.....another minute and I would have been on the news with the dude that threw the chair in the bullpen...

great job manny, and thanks to everyone for the comments and for watching the show.

Looking forward to comments after Mondays' show.. And if you missed it, they are airing it AGAIN tonight (Thursday)! so tell your friends to check it out

m

Quote Originally Posted by Mcuban
    And the jenga game was better than I could have played to. I was sweating just watching. I thought no way they last more than 10 minutes. The game went on more than 45 minutes.....
    It's too bad this is an ABC show, they couldn't edit their way out of a wet paper bag. I could tell that the game was very tense (I don't think I've ever seen a Jengo(tm) game go that far) but ABC should did a good job hiding it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mcuban
    another minute and I would have been on the news with the dude that threw the chair in the bullpen...
    I probably would have thrown a chair at William too...

Love these lines:

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    That’s right . . . if you’ve ever closed your eyes and dreamed of a show where you didn’t necessarily have to backstab people, eat bugs, or even be really, really good-looking, this is it.

To find his contestants, Mr. Cuban held a huge nationwide search, out of . . . well, we don’t find out how many people, but I’m sure it’s a lot. At least 17.

“National Watermelon Queen.” I’m still trying to figure out what that might involve.

I have some news for you, Laurel . . . you don’t need a million dollars to start a punk band. You don’t even really need a fully-stringed guitar.

She says that other contestants will think she’s the cute, sweet, little one, but she’s also quite “conniving.” Mothers, hide your children!

She also says she’s humble. But not really. I just made that one up.

If you check Mario’s notes, I’m sure you’ll find it in there.

That’s right, she’s doing it for the children! And I set the Reichstag fire, signed the Declaration of Independence, and won 28 gold medals in the Tokyo Olympics.

William, on the other hand, considered turning the show down because he feels he can make his own million. Whoopee for you. Whatever.

I’d give you the play-by-play, but . . . um . . . it’s Jenga.

If you would like to contact the author of this recap, you can send comments or a million dollars to: mantenna@fansofrealitytv.com
    Bravissimo! What a way to kick off the season.

If I had a million to send you, Manny, I most definitely would. You have earned every penny with this witty and perfectly-executed recap.

Looking forward to next week's!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12