+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Benefactor's Future ?

Well, in some markets it wasn't even shown. Monday Night Football took precedence, so the show hardly stood a chance in the Central and Mountain time zones.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
    Well, in some markets it wasn't even shown. Monday Night Football took precedence, so the show hardly stood a chance in the Central and Mountain time zones.
    I thought the fact that is was on right before Monday Night Football was great! So, In the other time zones..it had to air after the game? That sucks, if that's the case.....Either way, I think it's way to early for any annoucement like that to be made. Cuban says it's BS, I believe him.
    kitty-cats rule!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I really don't think the Benefactor will last .. IMO it's pretty lame.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
    I'm in Pacific time and TiVo'd it--and missed the last 15 or 20 minutes, because football ran into the timeslot on the front end. Football is so annoying!! :phhht I'm glad there's a re-run.

I had the same Tivo problem in Pacific Time, but I caught it in time to catch the final 15 mins live.

I liked it. But I accepted going in that it was not The Apprentice Part II. It seems to be meant as something different, and I feel it will do well. I do have to say though that ABC is not the best network to have a reality show on. What they did to the Mole is criminal.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fan
    ABC might as well yank The Benefactor out of the lineup after the first episode. There is no plot, no theme, no contest, no stand-out characters, no remarkable surroundings, why should anyone watch. Let Cuban give the million bucks to whoever he wants for whatever reason, why should I care! That having said, the other ultimately boring show on TV, CBS's Big Brother keeps going on and on - like the Energizer bunny. Who watches that, anyway? Maybe Cuban should move to CBS.

Perhaps people should give the show a chance.
    Admittedly, the first show was a bit all over the place, but it could settle into a more structured format from here on in.
    If it doesn't, those that don't enjoy the randomness will know they aren't missing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I liked it. But I accepted going in that it was not The Apprentice Part II. It seems to be meant as something different, and I feel it will do well. I do have to say though that ABC is not the best network to have a reality show on. What they did to the Mole is criminal.
    I agree, Bill, both about the show and the network.

Well, how were the ratings for the Tuesday showing?

Perhaps the lower-than-expected ratings might have to do with the fact that the show doesn't really have any rules. Mark can eliminate any person at any time for any reason. And the players aren't really given a chance to defend themselves. The players have to be living on pins and needles, knowing that one false step could send them packing.
    -- Flash

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Admittedly, the first show was a bit all over the place, but it could settle into a more structured format from here on in.
    Structure? I don't need no stinkin' structure! fluff, I'm one of those people that did enjoy the randomness of it.

Question for Mark: are you hoping for another season, or did you think of this more as just a one-off?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I don't need no stinking structure either Q . It's supposed to be random , that's the idea. Listen to the intro ....

If they did win the time slot , there is no way ABC is going to can it. I mean they still have Bach going.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast