+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: 9/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    It actually took me two viewings to decide that I don't like the show. Mark is free to do whatever he wants with his money, but I'm free to choose whenther I find his show interesting. So far, it isn't. If the show was to give a million dollars to whoever could balance a bowling ball on their nose, it would be the same to me. I actually liked the idea of booting someone who wasn't what they represented themselves to be, or for making a bad first impression, but couldn't for the life of my appreciate that losing Jenga meant you were less deserving of the money. I felt it was a cop out, that Mark refused to make a rational decision based on the interviews and decided instead to leave it up to chance. I assume he thought it was cute. It wasn't.

Man, this show totally blows. That Mark guy is the creepiest thing...no wonder Donald dissed him. I mean, Jenga?!?!? My first and last viewing of this show. Dude, if you wanna give away money, please consult with Oprah next time, and give it to someone who needs it, and without making them perform circus tricks for it.

I thought that My Stupid Obnoxious Finance or whatever the hell that show was called was a low for reality TV, but this one trumps it. No pun intended.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I am surprised so many dislike the show. I really like that it is different from most of the other shows. I mean come on how many Dating Reality shows are people going to keep watching. I am so tired of the Bachelor/ette kind of shows and refuse to watch them anymore.

Maybe its a guy thing, because I love the show The next Champ too and many don't like it. I guess maybe this show is more along the lines of a Guy show (being general).

Quote Originally Posted by Burn This
    I felt it was a cop out, that Mark refused to make a rational decision based on the interviews and decided instead to leave it up to chance.
    He didn't leave it up to chance, he selected two people who equally deserved to leave, then left it up to a game of skill to determine who stayed. How is that any different than someone winning immunity on Survivor?

FORT Newbie
    I enjoyed this show. It was something completely new. Having said that I would guess that the majority of the audience would prefer a more structured and better defined format. I'm OK with the free format and understood and agreed with Mark Cuban's reasoning for ejecting people.

I liked seeing a diverse group of "regular", but entertaining, people for once.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    He didn't leave it up to chance, he selected two people who equally deserved to leave, then left it up to a game of skill to determine who stayed. How is that any different than someone winning immunity on Survivor?
    game of skill? Jenga?

P.S. - love your avatar, it reminds me of that bee guy from the simpsons.

I think that the "expect the unexpected" has truly been shown (finally) We hear so much of it from other shows, and then wonder, "Was that the twist?" At least with The Benefactor we were kept on our toes, Two eliminations made by MC and a final challenge with Jenga. Now, I know there aren't alot of Jenga fans out there but who woulda thunk? Jenga, for a chance at a million??? To me it was original and unexpected. BTW I too will do the happy dance when William finally gets his chance to go earn his own million Please MC, tell me it will be soon !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Burntcrow
    Sometimes he comes off as trying to be the contestants friend, but the majority of the time he comes off like one of those professors in college that go around the room and ask questions to poor unsuspecting students.
    That's somewhat the impression I got as well. It seems hard to tell whether he's being deadly serious or being playful. One moment he'll be laughing and having fun and then, like a light switch being thrown, he'll be all serious and pompous. If the players aren't shadowing his mood changes quickly enough, they run a huge risk of running afoul of him.

If I were on the show, I think I'd be a bit like William or Mario. Basically, I'd simply enjoy myself and probably be making funny comments all the time. If I am funny during a serious moment and he sends me home for it, so be it.
    -- Flash

Seems like if you wanted to start a computer company, "California is the place you oughtta be"...
    A computer company? What, like Dell? (based in Austin). Or like Compaq (based in Houston, now part of HP). While Cali is the biggest hot bed for IT related companies, Texas is no slouch. In particular, Austin is filled with IT companies and dotcom startups (many of which went under, which has hurt the Austin economy).

Dallas/Ft. Worth is a great area for business. One of the largest IT companies in the world is hdq'ed there: EDS. Dallas has a good amount of IT companies, but is also known for it's diversity. Other fortune 500 companies based out of DFW include: Exxon Mobil, JC Penney, American Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Kimberly-Clark, Advance PCS, Burlington Northern Santa Fe, Texas Instruments, D.R. Horton, Radio Shack, and Needless Markups

The first show started off "just ok". However, I thought the game of Jenga was a brilliant move. It made for great TV (you could feel the anticipation and the pressure). Of course, everyone wanted that jack@** booted but it's not like he stayed around much longer.

+ Reply to Thread