+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Donald disses Cuban

The Donald disses Cuban

In an article in the NY Post about Trump renegotiating his deal, he says this about Mark:

I never viewed the Cuban show as a threat. I feel he has no television persona, I don't feel he's got the charisma necessary to pull it off and I hear the show is not very good. Other than that, he's a wonderful guy.
    Ouch. I know there's no love lost between these two, with Mark stating that Trump uses creative accounting practices to appear to be more wealthy than he is, but this is pretty cold.

Edited to add the link...

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/19315.htm

Well :phhht on Donald.

This coming from a guy who wants "You're Fired" patented.... puhhhhhlease.

How are those sour grapes tasting, Donny? Trump is so charismatic and successful, right? Must be nice to have filed bankruptcy twice and think you are all that. Creative accounting practices and bankruptcy--the keys to success. Successful, my foot.

I'll give Mark Cuban the benefit of the doubt of being a "wonderful guy" and someone who earned his money the old-fashioned way through hard work--until Cuban proves otherwise.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

Jeez, what a snotty thing for The Donald to say.

I don't know a whole lot about Cuban, but what I have seen I've liked.

LG.
    Donald is just jealous because Mark has a decent hair style.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

That, too.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

Quote Originally Posted by John
    In an article in the NY Post about Trump renegotiating his deal, he says this about Mark:

Ouch. I know there's no love lost between these two, with Mark stating that Trump uses creative accounting practices to appear to be more wealthy than he is, but this is pretty cold.

Edited to add the link...

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/19315.htm
    The Donald gets his charisma from his hair. It is like Austin Powers Mojo

That is so funny. I just read this other article that refers to the hair thing.

To quote them:
    Cuban's hair issue: bangs. Specifically, Julius Caesar bangs that cry out for a little product - gel? mousse? spackle? - to get them up off his forehead.

To see the rest
    http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entertainment/columnists.nsf/gailpennington/story/C9B2F174EF6AE62386256F05003A2D A4?OpenDocument&Headline=Forget+their+shows,+w hy+don't+Trump+and+Cuban+chang e+their+h
    "To be is to do"--Socrates.
    "To do is to be"--Jean-Paul Sartre.
    "Do be do be do"--Frank Sinatra

I'm the queen of misspelling

eny
    FORT Fogey
    he has no television persona
    Woo Hoo , that's rich coming from a person with store manniquin hair engaged to a barbie. Have you ever seen Trump speak off the cuff? He's as interesting as watching c-span. Cuban seems to have a higher personal vocabulary than "you're fired".

I'll bet if you asked Joe Average who they'd rather be, the answer would be Cuban and not Trump. I'll bet Trump can't even use e-mail , and thinks blackberry 's are for pie.

FORT Fan

Trump gets $3.2 million for two seasons?

Says so in the NY Post article: http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/19315.htm.
    From that, he will pay $500K to the next two "Bill Rancic"s, and pocket the remaining $2.7 mil? Wow, that's a lot of money, even given his expenses, for just saying "You're fired." Nice way to make money and keep up the jet-set lifestyle when most business dealings are going kaput (Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City - the one that hosted the Jessica Simpson concert in the final episode last season - is bankrupt).

Personality? My foot. Trump is an arrogant jerk, as evident from his comments in next week's preview. What gives him the right to criticize anyone else. Cuban too was not very impressive either in the first Benefactor episode. Cuban is rich because he managed to sell Broadcast to Yahoo for some outlandish amount of cash at the height of the Internet boom - he was simply at the right place at the right time, not because he is any business visionary like Rockefeller, Henry Ford, or even Bill Gates. Both Cuban and Trump are meatheads and infinitely boring. As a show, the Apprentice has some group activity and group dynamics (even if it is as lame as build a toy) and hence "watchable", the Benefactor is so boring that I don't think I want to see it any more. You didn't play the air-guitar, you're out. Give me a break! Maybe next week, the contestants will play Monopoly or have a binge drinking contest or something. If Cuban wanted to do anything worthwhile with his money, he should have donated $1 million to AIDS charity or something, rather than hand it over to some undeserving 20-something year old.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast