+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Donald disses Cuban

From what I've seen of their tv personas, I think a Cuban trumps the Donald. Trump, in my opinion, is as arbitrary in his decisions as Cuban but he's less honest about it. And, as everyone including the Donald has noted, his hair is just downright laughable. Money CAN buy better hair, which leads me to think that his judgment is seriously impaired and/or he's consciously parodying himself.

Trump is right though. Cuban hasn't got charisma.. but neither does The Donald. That said.. we see how much of Donald and we've seen how much of Cuban? Trump's smart. He's not charismatic.. so he's on the show for a total of 3 minutes. Cuban's stupid. He's not charismatic, yet he's on the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    Donald is just jealous because Mark has a decent hair style.
    LOL

Charisma is people-magnetism. Both the Donald and Mark have a high quotient of it. Alone your participation in this forum is a testament to their allure. Charisma comes in many forms, including money, power, good looks, or even devotion.

Here's the bottom line, though: strip everyone of their possessions and identites and strand them on an island. I'd put my money on Cuban more likely to make something of himself.

I say this, of course, not as an armchair psychologist, but as someone whose name will (hopefully) become as popular as the Donald or Mark someday.
    Last edited by eny; 09-16-2004 at 09:25 AM. Reason: bashing

Trump, Cuban, Gates, all go to show that no matter how many billions you have, you can't stop bad haircuts.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    Trump's smart. He's not charismatic.. so he's on the show for a total of 3 minutes. Cuban's stupid. He's not charismatic, yet he's on the whole thing.
    I agree. If I had to sit and watch Trump for the entire hour, I'd have to puke. The Apprentice is watchable because we don't have to see/hear Trump for more than 3 minutes, which is just about enough. Now, flip to The Benefactor. All you see is Cuban, Cuban, and Cuban - for the entire hour, and listen to his rambling about how smart he is, how good he is at judging people, etc., etc. Infinitely boring. No wonder ABC cancelled the second season of The Benefactor.

That said, neither Trump nor Cuban are charismatic. Both are somewhat egocentric and arrogant - I guess that's what lots of money will make you. I hate Trump because of his shady business dealings (taking advantage of Trump Taj Mahal investors to advance his personal real estate holdings - do a Google search and you'll see). That's downright corrupt. Though Cuban was lucky in his timing, I don't see any corruption though, and he had some bright ideas initially and made wise investment decisions. Stranded on a desert island with no money, I have no doubt that Cuban will trump Trump hands down and make more money.

Infinitely boring. No wonder ABC cancelled the second season of The Benefactor.
    Please either post proof of that, or stop throwing it around in multiple threads.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I'll bet Trump can't even use e-mail , and thinks blackberries are for pie.
    Mmmm. Pie.
    -- Flash

I thought Mark Cuban was a nice guy until I saw this show. Obviously, I had not seen his basketball game sideline tantrums.

He seems like a rich creep that is power tripping on seeing people scared and humiliated to the point of tears. Three firings in the opening episode really was too much of a bad thing. The previews of contestants in tears on the second episode made Trump seem like Mother Teresa.

Dennis Rodman stayed in a guest house at Mark Cuban's home during the last weeks of his NBA career. Now, it finally seems so appropriate. You know what they say about birds of the same feathers flocking together.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    Dennis Rodman stayed in a guest house at Mark Cuban's home during the last weeks of his NBA career. Now, it finally seems so appropriate. You know what they say about birds of the same feathers flocking together.
    I totally disagree! I think it was a nice gesture on Cuban's part, to shelter Rodman from his weaknesses (partying, late nights, women...etc) and to psyche him into the whole "team mentality". We all know it didn't work, but at least Cuban tried.
    kitty-cats rule!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast