+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shawn

Shawn

Home Town: Hemet, CA

From the player's questionnaire:

If tomorrow was your last day on Earth, what would you do?
    I'd go surfing! I've lived in Southern California for 7 years and I've never tried it. Then, I'd head off to jump out of a plane one last time. I tried it once a few years back and caused quite a commotion. I drifted over the 215 freeway on Southern California and came down directly over a power line. The fire trucks and police met me on the ground to save my ass…so I'd like to try it again just to prove that I can get it right before I go!

Would you rather win a million dollars or earn a million dollars and why?
    Earn it! Where's the satisfaction in being rich if you don't bust your ass to get there? You need to earn your bragging rights.

What are your hobbies?
    Motor cross, rollerblading, doodling, painting, playing pogo games on AOL, Scrabble, and Crainium.

What unique talent are you most proud of?
    I can ramble in Serbian when I'm drunk…watch out I sing too (off-key)!

What 3 adjectives describe your best qualities?
    Altruistic, spontaneous, and determined.

What 3 adjectives describe your worst qualities?
    Stubborn, arrogant, feisty.

Is there anything else you want Mark to know about you?
    I'm the most self-driven determined person you'll ever meet! I put myself through college TWICE, the first time on a dance scholarship, the second with an academic scholarship— with baby in arms! After teaching for a year in private school in Pittsburgh, I headed out to California for a change of pace. I've done great for myself! Not only do I teach 2nd grade in a low-income school, I'm also a demonstration teacher, and present at National Education conferences. I've gone just about as far as I can in education…and the pay still is ridiculously low! For the miscellaneous stuff, I read tarot cards and dabble in palmistry and numerology. I play in the rain and jump in puddles with my kids. I've tried just about everything once…except opening my own coffee shop/tutoring center. I'm just happy to be alive…with or without a million dollars.

I play in the rain and jump in puddles with my kids.
    Yay, me too.
    Giant bubble wrap stomping is also a firm favourite in our house.

I like her. I think she will go far.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

LG.
    I like her, but why did she need to go to college twice? Did they revoke her diploma the first time? Maybe she dropped out the first time and managed to get a second scholarship when she went back to school.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I like her. She's rambley (is that a word? It is now). Is she Serbian, because if not, the rambling when drunk is even more strange

She seems like she might be a lot of fun. She needs to lay off the ! key though.

She does sound cool! I bet a coffee shop/tutoring center would be a hit with the college kids.

Since we all like her, she'll probably go first.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Ok, way too psycho for a second grade teacher. After this , she'll be lucky to land a job teaching juvies . I mean Survivors Heidi got canned for the peanutbutter strip, this ones attitude is just scary . I'd be sitting in the back of the classroom for this one if my kids were in her class.

After seeing her last night, her bio just seems like she has trouble keeping a job, not that she's gone as far as she can in education. And let me tell you, if she's a schoolteacher in Hemet - small town in the desert, east of Los Angeles about half-way to Palm Springs - she could find somewhere with more opportunities. She also said last night she was a teacher in an inner city school. If Hemet is inner city anything, I'll eat my hat.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    This is one contestant I won't miss when she's gone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast