+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Linda

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Well she didn't lie about having nothing . She doesn't . The botoxed bag o bones she hangs with seems to have some cash. She is an unemployed hanger on , much like Dom. She is however a serial liar. The computer performance was too much and she deserved the cut.

eny,
    I don't disagree that Linda herself doesn't have money. I think the problem Mark had was that Linda had made it seem like she still lived in poverty instead of owning up to the fiance. How many times did she repeat that rubbish about disrespecting the ghetto by handing out meals to the homeless on the previous episode? Plus, when she was showing Mark around the house and he commented on the hi def television, Linda said something like and we weren't sure if it's too much. Not, and Dan wasn't sure if it's too much. She should have spun the whole thing earlier by telling Mark all along that she was engaged to someone with money and that it made her uncomfortable because she didn't have any of her own. She could have played up her fierce sense of independence and wanting to provide for herself and her mother and she would have been fine. Well, except for that little computer problem.

I was laughing too hard when it was revealed she was very well versed in the realm of computers.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Oh sure , It's never good to lie and for sure she played the pity card full out. It always comes out , and she was really dumb to think it wouldn't. I hate outright deception a la Johnny Fairplay , and I was really mad he wasn't outed during his game. She's a deceptive liar just like he was .

I just resent the repeated "she's rich" statements. I don't think anyone thinks Marks wife owns the Mavericks. If you asked her she'd probably never say she did, nor would anyone else. I just don't see how people including Mark keep saying it. It's clear that non of that lifestyle is hers or paid for by her. She's just playing Kato Kalin here. Should she have asked honey to help out Mom instead of buying yet another plasma TV - sure, but it's not his responsibility. Not even if they were married . I do think if she had the money on her own , she would have helped out her mom.

She would have probably won had she been upfront about everything and not invented the whole character she was playing.

Yep. I agree wholeheartedly about Linda. Texas is a community property state so depending when Mark acquired various assets and whether he had a prenuptial agreement, his wife does own some of what he's made.

If Linda felt comfortable creating a character and a story to win a million dollars on camera on national TV, she should have felt comfortable asking her fiance whom she had a relationship with for at least two years to assist her mother. Linda also referred to her boyfriend's house as her house.

Michael Jordan's wife thought that she was entitled to 50% of his estimated $400 million net worth and two homes in court papers filed and later dropped even though she did not contribute to his success on the court and does not live in a community property state.

I did not see one positive trait in Linda to justify even selecting her to be on the series. During the basketball team selection process, I thought that Linda and Kevin were much more incompetent than Spencer. They drove all the way across town to see a man slightly dribble a ball whom they knew nothing about. The young boy that Spencer selected was not bad but he just cracked under the pressure. The woman basketball player at least had the same college basketball background as her counterpart on the other team even though Spencer did not request that she try out for the team which could have been due to limited time.

Having a skill for ranting in the camera about kicking butt and carrying dead weight does not qualify Linda to win a million dollars if this series was truly based on the life lessons and skills that The Benefactor was intended to encompass.

I am so glad that Mark saw through Linda. I'd thought she'd never leave!!! Linda so deserved to be cut from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by photochick71002
    I and everyone else in town have to put ut with her and youjust want to hit her -
    How do you and the rest of the town have to put up with Linda? Just curious.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345