+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Bobbi Kristina is in danger...

Don't judge by beauty.... Jojo#1fan's Avatar

Little Bobbi Kristina is in danger...

They even said this on an ep of 'Best Week Ever', little Bobbi Kristina is in danger just staying in this mediore excuse for a family. She's exposed to drugs and drinking, and her parents ignore her while they go have sex (hello, you're supposed to wait until it's nighttime and she goes to bed). They even talk about sex in front of her, and she's only 11!! If she grows up to become a decent human being, it'll be truly miraculous!
    If this were just ordinary people and NOT music superstars, this child would be taken away a long time ago! Just goes to show, if you're a celebrity you can get away wth anything.
    Ya know wat I'd love to see? Nanny Stella from 'Nanny 911' or Jo from 'Supernanny' do a 'special guest appearance' here! Cause of the Nannies on 'Nanny 911', Stella's the toughest one and she'd RIP INTO both Whitney and Bobby! Jo would scold them and tell them the truth, if someoe didn't know who they were, they could easily call child services on them! I'd pay money to see that! My prayers are with that poor little girl and I hope she DOES turn out OK.

Jojo#1 fan

I'm certainly not going to aplologise for who I am!- Jo Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo#1fan
    They even said this on an ep of 'Best Week Ever', little Bobbi Kristina is in danger just staying in this mediore excuse for a family. She's exposed to drugs and drinking, and her parents ignore her while they go have sex (hello, you're supposed to wait until it's nighttime and she goes to bed). They even talk about sex in front of her, and she's only 11!! If she grows up to become a decent human being, it'll be truly miraculous!
    If this were just ordinary people and NOT music superstars, this child would be taken away a long time ago! Just goes to show, if you're a celebrity you can get away wth anything.
    Ya know wat I'd love to see? Nanny Stella from 'Nanny 911' or Jo from 'Supernanny' do a 'special guest appearance' here! Cause of the Nannies on 'Nanny 911', Stella's the toughest one and she'd RIP INTO both Whitney and Bobby! Jo would scold them and tell them the truth, if someoe didn't know who they were, they could easily call child services on them! I'd pay money to see that! My prayers are with that poor little girl and I hope she DOES turn out OK.

Jojo#1 fan

Wow! On Best Week Ever they said she's in danger! Who knew that a bunch of comics had such insight!
    /scarasm
    Annoy a conservative: think for yourself.
    Myrosiedog

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo#1fan
    Yeah, like something much worse...murder. And PS, it's not just celebrities, it's people with money period.

Don't judge by beauty.... Jojo#1fan's Avatar

Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by adrianas98
    Yeah, like something much worse...murder. And PS, it's not just celebrities, it's people with money period.

Yeah, ain't the world great?
    I tell you, Nanny Stella would CHEW THEM UP for their treatment of Bobbi Kristina! THAT'S one guest star I'd pay to see on there!

Jojo#1 fan
    I'm certainly not going to aplologise for who I am!- Jo Frost

FORT Fan
    You know, I don't really feel like she has it so bad. The only thing that'll happen to her from hearing her parents talk about sex is that she'll learn that parents should want to have sex with each other. There's nothing inherently wrong with sex. In fact, this puritanical attitude that sex is evil, and any exposure to anything having to do with sex will ruin a child, is what is wrong with much of our society, IMO. Like parents going crazy about seeing Janet's boob during the Super Bowl - what the heck is so evil about a breast? She sees that her parents love each other, is that really so wrong? I think it's a lot worse for kids to grow up with parents that act like that dislike each other, or conspicuously sleep in separate rooms, like more poeple used to do in previous generations. Really, I bet she rolls her eyes and doesn't think about it any further.

Now, the exposure to drinking and drugs is far more serious, but really, what in this show has given you the impression that BK has witnessed drug activity, or heard drug talk? Sure, they have had their very public battles with drugs, but we don't know based on what we've seen in this show that either of them were smoking crack right in front of their child. If they had, I am certain that Child Protective Services would have been involved. Remember that Courtney Love (who has at least as much money and fame as those two, if not more) lost Frances Bean a few years ago, and has had to work her butt off to get her back. So, it's not a foregone conclusion that if you are a famous rich person, that you can do anything you want to your kids with impunity.

And drinking is legal, though I have my reservations about people that have had substance abuse problems continuing to drink. But, that is not my decision to make.

Now, allowing their daughter to become overweight, as they have done, and a brat, as she acts many times, is another matter entirely. If anything, their parenting difficulties lie there. But if she is to become a decent human being, it is entirely up to her. People that lay the blame for their own negative behavior on their parents are just making excuses for themselves. Our behavior is ultimately our own responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by manicorganic
    In fact, this puritanical attitude that sex is evil, and any exposure to anything having to do with sex will ruin a child, is what is wrong with much of our society, IMO. Now, the exposure to drinking and drugs is far more serious.
    I agree with you, there. Our culture is way too fixated on the sins of sex and not fixated enough on other stuff that can do worse psychological damage -- like teaching people that their biology is somehow shameful.

As Sigmund Freud might say, "Dude, that stuff is wack."
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I do sorta feel bad for the poor little girl. her parents are crazy! (and I am a HUGE whitney fan, but come on... the woman is nuts). I mean, just by watching the show, it doesn't seem like they pay a whole lot of attention to Bobbi Kris, and Whitney, especially, seems pretty self absorbed. I have to say, my opinions on Bobbi have totally changed. He's like the "normal" one compared to Whitney. I just hope that Bobbi Kris isn't being influenced by her parents' immature and sometimes inproper behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I agree with you, there. Our culture is way too fixated on the sins of sex and not fixated enough on other stuff that can do worse psychological damage -- like teaching people that their biology is somehow shameful.
    ?? Our sex-saturated culture is all fouled up because there's not enough sex talk? Just to pick one very small example, we're supposed to believe that seeing advice on how to get your guy to give you better orgasms on every other magazine at the checkout counter isn't enough "sex ed" for our kids?

Whitney and Bobby's constant adult sex talk and fascination sends Bobbi Jo a message, alright. It tells her that their personal physical gratification is consistently more important to her parents than she is. And I don't mean they should hide the fact that they're sexual beings. Their obsession, though, causes them to shut out their daughter way too much. It's selfish and harmful to her self-esteem.

As a conservative Christian who grew up as an ardently liberal feminist, I've lived both sides of the issue. My mom allowed - even encouraged- us to explore our sexuality. I almost destroyed myself doing that, and was surrounded by friends like me who were, ultimately, lonely and unhappy. When I became a Christian, I began to feel free from the weight of misery brought on by years of off-and-on intimate relationships. Yet despite the healing I've experienced, I still struggle with clinical depression, a long-term side effect.

Some might find it interesting to hear that my kids, especially the oldest (8), know more about sex - the mechanics, the emotions, the beauty, and the purpose - than most high-schoolers. We teach them that it is beautiful, a precious gift from God, and how to use it in a way that honors them and their spouses-to-be. That's not exactly heaping shame on their biological urges. I wish I had been offered that kind of counsel as a kid. I feel for Bobbi Jo.

Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    Some might find it interesting to hear that my kids, especially the oldest (8), know more about sex - the mechanics, the emotions, the beauty, and the purpose - than most high-schoolers. We teach them that it is beautiful, a precious gift from God, and how to use it in a way that honors them and their spouses-to-be.
    Then we're in total agreement.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    Whitney and Bobby's constant adult sex talk and fascination sends Bobbi Jo a message, alright. It tells her that their personal physical gratification is consistently more important to her parents than she is. . . . It's selfish and harmful to her self-esteem.

Some might find it interesting to hear that my kids, especially the oldest (8), know more about sex - the mechanics, the emotions, the beauty, and the purpose - than most high-schoolers. We teach them that it is beautiful, a precious gift from God, and how to use it in a way that honors them and their spouses-to-be. That's not exactly heaping shame on their biological urges. I wish I had been offered that kind of counsel as a kid. I feel for Bobbi Jo.
    Jasmar!!!! Thank you for your thoughtful, cogent post. I agree with it all.

"THANKS" for putting it so well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast