+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little Bobbi Kristina is in danger...

FORT Fan
    I'm also in complete agreement. It sounds like you've taught your kids to see sex for what it is: a wonderful way for two people in love to express that feeling as nature intended. I also agree that Whitney seems obsessed - that she had to go off and search for her man in the woods, when he was off on a camping trip, just because she needed some (which is kind of how it seemed to me, she didn't really seem like she missed just hanging out with him) was kind of weird and somewhat pathetic.

I just wanted to contrast the expression of sexual feelings as something not to be ashamed of, with the way some segments of the population seem to think that sex is something dirty, shameful, and to be repressed at all costs.

I think we can all agree that the best message to send to our kids is to value the sexual act as something that is only to be shared with someone that they truly love, and when they are best mature and able to make that important decision. Whether you believe that this congress should be reserved for only those that are married is up to you to decide for yourself. There are valid arguments on both sides of the equation.

Im sure bobbi kristina will be all right. Its the whole drugs and drinking enviroment that would ruin her more than the sex talk!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163050,00.html

Buried in this article about Whitney skipping a family funeral.. that she should have attended... is this:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "I am told Whitney may be keeping her distance from Cissy since the famed gospel and R&B star forced her daughter into rehab earlier this year.

The word is that it was Cissy who finally took a stand about Whitney's self-confessed drug habit. The result was the removal of Whitney and hubby Bobby Brown's daughter, Bobbi Kristina, from the couple's custody until Whitney sought serious help."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just cant wait for the tell all book by bobbi kris when she gets older.

I can't wait for her first reality show.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

aga
    FORTified
    Quote Originally Posted by manicorganic
    Now, the exposure to drinking and drugs is far more serious, but really, what in this show has given you the impression that BK has witnessed drug activity, or heard drug talk? Sure, they have had their very public battles with drugs, but we don't know based on what we've seen in this show that either of them were smoking crack right in front of their child. If they had, I am certain that Child Protective Services would have been involved. Remember that Courtney Love (who has at least as much money and fame as those two, if not more) lost Frances Bean a few years ago, and has had to work her butt off to get her back. So, it's not a foregone conclusion that if you are a famous rich person, that you can do anything you want to your kids with impunity.
    I agree.

Now, allowing their daughter to become overweight, as they have done, and a brat, as she acts many times, is another matter entirely. If anything, their parenting difficulties lie there.
    I agree here as well, especially about the brat part. However, as self-absorbed as Bobby and Whitney seem, it seems to me that they give BK quite a lot of attention, it is just not positive attention. She acts very bratty at times, but she seems like a child being raised by children.

But if she is to become a decent human being, it is entirely up to her. People that lay the blame for their own negative behavior on their parents are just making excuses for themselves. Our behavior is ultimately our own responsibility.
    I slightly disagree with this, I think it is situational. I do believe that parents can screw a child up so much that it results in a person not becoming a decent human being and I wish there were some way to hold parents accountable for screwing up their children. I can understand if a thirty year old commits a crime, it would be hard to trace it back to their upbringing, but when you have young kids and teenagers failing in school, truancy and juvenile delinquency and you can figure out that the parents are not stepping up, then they should be subject to consequences (paying resitution for property damage, paying for academic remediation, etc).
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

aga
    FORTified
    I think the camera crews were wrong to keep filming and using the audio from the Boston trip when Bobby was trying to talk to his daughter and they were especially wrong to broadcast the bathroom conversation between the two girls.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

FORT Newbie
    I feel sorry for the little girl! She has turned to food to comfort herself from her Crackhead Parents!

Those 2 are insane! Every single reference out of their mouthes is from 1987-1992. Every joke, every impression, every reference is from over 15 years ago.

so sad. Now add they are drunk drug users.

FORT Newbie

Get Over It

Please, Bobbi Kristina will turn out to be better than most kids who live their private lives and their parents are all goody goody about stuff. At least her parents talk to her about stuff like SEX and she won't have to find out from some of her other 12 year old friends who are doing it or the guy who tries to get it from her. And alcohol and smoking is in all households from rich one to people living on the street, so get over it. When you live in a situation like that, it doesn't mean that you're mom and dad aren't good parents. As a matter of fact, there are two things that are more than obvious from this show, Whitney and Bobby love each other, with all the fighting and arguing, (tell me one married couple that doesn't argue) they still love each other. They have fun together and they know one another. They have weathered more storms together over the past 13 years than most couples could and they are still together. They have had to deal with most of America wanting them to end their marriage, the tabloids, the interviews, the reporters, the media period and yet they are still going and love it. They have dealt with personal hardship and pain and all of this in the public eye with everyone waiting for them to fail and yet they are still going and love it. The other thing that is very obvious is that they love their daughter. don't hate because they have the life they have. They aren't having sex in front of their daughter. And no, you do not have to wait until night time to have sex with your husband or wife. There is no rule that says that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12