+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Being Bobby Brown 7/14: A-Camping We Will Go

Being Bobby Brown 7/14: A-Camping We Will Go

Being Bobby Brown 7/14: A-Camping We Will Go

Welcome back to the show that (seemingly) never ends. Last week we watched as the Brown clan lived it up in jolly old England, spending money like water and drinking alcohol like, uh, water. This week Bobby decides to treat the men folk in his family to a camping trip. He and his relatives head for the great outdoors, leaving civilization and Whitney behind. It’s time for some male bonding, Brown-style.

Conspicuous Consumption, Part Deux
    Since Bobby has no camping equipment he must make a trip to a local sporting goods store. Bobby, with Tommy, Bobby Jr., Bobby’s nephew, and a few others (bodyguards? cousins?) in tow, spread out inside the store. “ No stealing.” Bobby intones: “No stealing, Bobby Jr.” It sounds like Bobby Jr.’s been practicing his five finger discount instead of the tunes from Schoolhouse Rock.

Bobby tells the waiting clerk that he’s never been camping before, so he will need to be completely outfitted. Bobby and Tommy quickly decide on a dome- like tent that will sleep ten. “You mean we’ll sleep on the floor?” Bobby asks his brother. Where did you think you’d be sleeping Bobby, Wilderness Hyatt Regency?

Next on the list are fishing poles and camouflage outfits. Then Bobby notices the armory on the wall.
    “Are those real guns?” Bobby asks, looking at the wall festooned with what seems like hundreds of rifles and shotguns. He wants the “baddest” gun the store carries, so the clerk shows him an ominous looking handgun. The clerk tells Bobby he’ll need to see his driver’s license and fill out some paperwork. Uh oh, that may spell trouble. Bobby says, “I don’t have no felonies. Maybe a few misdemeanors.” Dissuaded from purchasing the real thing, Bobby wanders through the store picking up paint guns and air rifles. Bobby says he needs the guns to shoot birds, because they have to eat. I’d be worried for the birds but I have the feeling Bobby can’t hit the broadside of a barn.

Of course no camping trip would be complete with out a skateboard, children’s bicycle, deep fryer, an archery bow, blow-up life boat, hip waders and snow boards. “We’re going out for 24 hours, Bobby!” Tommy says, but Bobby doesn’t want to be stranded without something to do. The sky’s the limit for Whitney’s credit card; it wouldn’t be a camping trip without skateboarding on the beach.

Boys Will Be Boys
    Equipment purchased, Bobby and family head to the park. As the sun sets, Bobby and the boys attempt to set up the tent. They don’t need no stinking directions; Bobby’s daddy, Pop Brown, was a military man. He helps the boys set up the tent, then amuses the family with his version of the funky chicken. Bobby says his father is the entertainer of the family. Close your eyes, and Pop sounds just like Red Foxx. Bobby is proud of his father and the three generations of Browns that are here tonight.

After setting up the tent the group takes a break. Pop is enjoying a cold one, and Tommy begs Pop to drink his beer out of a glass – Tommy wants no trouble from the Park Rangers. Pop Brown says to bring a cup and another six pack. I see where Bobby gets his charm.

Bobby beams as he regards his family over an evening meal of hot dogs and beans. Dinner over, Pop Brown retires to the tent, followed by Bobby Jr. Bobby, Tommy and Cousin Billy sing. It’s a peaceful family scene until Bobby Jr. and Pop Brown get into an argument over who is passing gas in the tent.
    “Quit waving them funky ass blankets around.” Pop says.
    “Pop, Quit farting!” Bobby Jr. replies.
    “It’s them damn beans!”
    After a suitable interval and an airing out of the tent it’s time for sleep:
    “Goodnight, Pops.”
    “Goodnight Bobby Jr.”
    I expect to hear Goodnight, Johnboy but this isn’t The Waltons.

The King Of The Forest Becomes The Hen-Pecked Husband
    Next morning Bobby is dressed in cammo, holding a fishing pole, when Whitney calls. His face falls when she tells him to come home. Bobby says he’s not coming home until next week. Whitney tells him he’s lost his mind. He says he’s trying to find it. He won’t tell her where he is, and hangs up the phone – or tries to. Whitney’s voice continues to blare even after he’s hung up the phone. Bobby instructs the others not to tell Whitney where they are: “She’s tryin’ to fight today, and I ain’t in the mood!” Bobby doesn’t want Whitney around; he wants to spend time with the guys. He says that if Whitney comes he’ll have to give her all his attention.

Too bad for Bobby! Whitney calls back to say she, Bobbie Kristina, and Whitney’s friends Skenecia and Laurie, are almost there. Bobby, sitting on a picnic table, nauseates himself by farting. He lifts a leg and holds the phone down by his butt, then tries to wave the smell away. Whitney asks him what he’s laughing about, and he explains. “Aw, hell naw!” Whitney rasps. “I’ll bust your sh** when I see you. You better run in the forest somewhere.” Bobby sighs.

While waiting for Whitney to arrive, Bobby and the boys decide to fish. Bobby baits the hook with a worm and proceeds to catch a branch in the water and a tree overhead. Bobby is tired of fishing. Ten minutes have passed.

*Cue Jaws music* Whitney and the girls arrive amidst a flurry of horn honks and yells, startling nearby campers and ensuring no one else will have any luck fishing. Bobby walks to the convertible to get a kiss from Whitney. He takes good- naturedly the laughs and scorn heaped upon him for his camouflage attire.

The girls invade the camp, spilling around the campsite and eewing over the bathroom facilities –a bag inside the tent. I’ll bet they wash themselves with a rag on a stick. Whitney rushes to Bobby’s arms and kisses him, saying she wants him to take her across the lake and behind a tree. I’d like to point out the children standing around within earshot, but since she’s announcing it to the world I guess she doesn’t care if they hear.

“I’m hongry.” Whitney proclaims. Hamburgers sizzle as Bobby and Whitney sing “Fire” and dance a jig around the grill. Bobbie Kris’s friend looks on, expressionless. I can’t tell if she’s unmoved or simply wallowing in embarrassment at the antics of her friend’s middle- aged mom and dad.

The Difference Between Men And Boys Are The Price Of Their Toys
    Bobby, who seems to have the attention span of a two year-old, abandons Whitney for the children’s bike he bought at the sporting goods store yesterday. He jumps on and wobbles across the beach, tires nearly flattened by his weight. Bobby’s nephew McKinley jumps on his back and yells “Gimme my bike! Gimme my bike!” Bobby refuses to get off the bike, and his nephew huffs off, saying “I don’t know what you been taking…but you ain’t no celebrity now.” Out of the mouths of babes.

Whitney sees a man riding across the lake on a jet ski, and she and Bob rush to the shore. Bobby yells to the man that they want a ride. The driver tells Bobby “You can’t drive them after drinking.” Bobby says he doesn’t drive any more. Oh, the unintentional irony.
    “You want me to give Whitney a ride?” the jet skier asks.
    “You want me to bust yo’ ass?” Bobby counters.
    Nobody gets a ride, which surprises me (not). Bobby and Whitney watch as the man departs. They curse him. Bobby says “I want that.” Too bad the sporting goods store didn’t sell jet skis.

Bobby and Whitney take a private ride in the lifeboat so Whitney can sit on his lap and talk nasty. They return to camp and sit on a rock, talking. Whitney asks Bobby why he’s never taken her here before (He didn’t take you this time, duh) and Bobby tells her this is where he usually takes his girlfriends. Whitney slaps him across the mouth and pouts, and they’re off again. I can’t understand their whispers and love conversation, but I’m not really trying. Please God, let this trip be over soon.

The Forest Is Over
    Back at camp, Bobby starts cooking chicken legs. He belches, then says his stomach hurts. He rolls on the ground clutching his stomach while Pop tends to the chicken. Whitney tells him she is ready to go. Bobby wants to stay until the chicken is done but Whitney “hell naw’s” her way around the camp screeching “Pack it up, let’s go!”

Whitney and the girls get in the convertible. Bobby continues to cook and moan. He tries to tell Whitney he doesn’t feel well, but Whitney is having none of it. She ignores him, screaming “The forest is over!” Bobby yells for more barbecue sauce and continues cooking, even as Pop and Tommy break camp and pack the equipment away. They know who the boss is. Finally Bob gives up and leaves, chicken uneaten. He didn’t like to fish, couldn’t cook a meal and didn’t win the respect of his peers.

“I think I messed up this trip” he says, as he is herded into Whitney’s convertible and driven away.

Did you mess up by watching this week? Email me at Dinahann@fansofrealitytv.com
    Last edited by Dinahann; 07-16-2005 at 01:10 PM.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

It sounds like Bobby Jr.’s been practicing his five finger discount instead of the tunes from Schoolhouse Rock.
    Pop Brown says to bring a cup and another six pack. I see where Bobby gets his charm.
    “I don’t know what you been taking…but you ain’t no celebrity now.” Out of the mouths of babes.
    Nice job Dinah! This show is such a crapfest but your recaps are quite entertaining.

This has got to be the saddest spectacle on TV, judging by the recaps. Classy folks. I feel awful for those poor kids. They'll have their own disgusting reality shows in about 10 years.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Of course no camping trip would be complete with out a skateboard, children’s bicycle, deep fryer, an archery bow, blow-up life boat, hip waders and snow boards. “We’re going out for 24 hours, Bobby!” Tommy says, but Bobby doesn’t want to be stranded without something to do. The sky’s the limit for Whitney’s credit card; it wouldn’t be a camping trip without skateboarding on the beach.
    What a dog of a show, but your recap was hilarious!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    I actually watched this episode. It was like watching a train wreck - just couldn't tear myself away. I'm in complete shock that something this pathetically low-class found it's way on TV... and I'm a reality tv fan! No way can I imagine watching this shlock again. I can't believe I actually sat there and watched these people... I'll take root canal over that!

Bobby is the low-class nothing I expected and Whitney is unfortunately right there with him. Am I the only one who thinks Whitney's mind is too ofent in the gutter when she's with Bobby? Does she think this is the way she's keeping him? She was like a dog in heat... pah-theh-tick! She was such a pretty girl when she was younger but the drugs and other stuff have taken their toll. She was alarmingly thin at one point but not anymore. While she's definitely not fat, she has no figure to speak of.

Together, Whitney and Bobby completely enable each other so if for no other reason I don't foresee them splitting.

On a final note, these two are terrible examples of parents. Just goes to show that just because you can create a baby and choose to bring it into the world doesn't mean you ever have a clue how to be a parent.

Of course, just my opinion.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Regular
    I haven't watched the show, but saw Pop's clip on The Soup on E! I was rolling. Fabulous recap, you had me dying. Good Job, thank you.

Well the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.....and off to the branches.......and the roots ........and the dirt.......and grubs.........
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Now we know why Bobby Brown drinks. LOL!

That Whitney is out of control! She an't even let him have a weekend with the boys! She didn't even let him have a 24 hours!

I've always said it was Whitney not Bobby. Now the whole world knows.

With that being said, this has become my "Must See TV." It's like a car wreck, you shouldn't look at the mangled bodies in the car, but you cannot help it.

I am seriously thinking of changing my screen name to 'dootie bubble'.

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar
    You put very eloquently, what I've been thinking since the first episode. I just can't understand why it's still on the air. Yet, I continue to watch it as I shake my head in utter confusion and amazement. Sometimes I think they should rescue the children from their parents. . . while there's still time

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M
    I actually watched this episode. It was like watching a train wreck - just couldn't tear myself away. I'm in complete shock that something this pathetically low-class found it's way on TV... and I'm a reality tv fan! No way can I imagine watching this shlock again. I can't believe I actually sat there and watched these people... I'll take root canal over that!

Bobby is the low-class nothing I expected and Whitney is unfortunately right there with him. Am I the only one who thinks Whitney's mind is too ofent in the gutter when she's with Bobby? Does she think this is the way she's keeping him? She was like a dog in heat... pah-theh-tick! She was such a pretty girl when she was younger but the drugs and other stuff have taken their toll. She was alarmingly thin at one point but not anymore. While she's definitely not fat, she has no figure to speak of.

Together, Whitney and Bobby completely enable each other so if for no other reason I don't foresee them splitting.

On a final note, these two are terrible examples of parents. Just goes to show that just because you can create a baby and choose to bring it into the world doesn't mean you ever have a clue how to be a parent.

Of course, just my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread