+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6/30 Episode Discussion

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I got exactly what I wanted out of this program... entertainment!

I lost a lot of respect for Whitney years ago (pretty much around the time she married Bobby). And I was probably the biggest Bobby Brown fan around back when he was with New Edition. Whitney has let herself go. I wasn't expecting much from her so I wasn't disappointed in what I saw.

I think some of those fans were just as rude as Whitney though. Yes I know she's famous and all, but dang... Let them have a little family time. If she says no, chances are the constant begging and begging aren't gonna get her to say yes.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by realityluver
    I think some of those fans were just as rude as Whitney though. Yes I know she's famous and all, but dang... Let them have a little family time. If she says no, chances are the constant begging and begging aren't gonna get her to say yes.
    If celebrities want to go out among the masses that's fine; they're usually able to disguise themselves or be low key so that people aren't crowding around begging for autographs. Breaking into song and dancing around in public while several people trail behind them with movie cameras just guarantees that they'll attract attention. If they attract attention and people recognise them as a star, they're within their rights to ask for a picture or an autograph. If the celebrity doesn't want to cooperate, that's their choice, but ask yourself why they're making a public spectacle out of themselves if they didn't want the attention.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by luvcures1
    Stereotype?
    That was meant to be said with sarcasim. It is a stereotype and this show falls right in place with that.

Aud
    FORT Newbie
    Bobby's mouth is crooked because he has Bells Palsy. (sp) It is a small form of paralysis (dang... sp(?) again!). It has nothing to do with drug use, and often it is NOT permenant.

My brother had it at one time, and the entire right side of his face just stopped working. He even had to open, and shut his own eye. It has NOTHING to do with drug use. It is one of those things that can just *happen*, like a stroke.

~A

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepialove
    I have followed Whitney's career ever since she used to model for SEVENTEEN magazine even BEFORE Clive Davis discovered her in the 80's. From what I have heard, Whitney has ALWAYS been very "urban" to put it nicely. She just found a compadre' and soulmate in Bobby Brown.

Birds of a feather ya know?

I feel sorry for Bobby Christina. (daughter)
    I've heard the same thing, that its not Bobby's fault for the change in public persona that we've seen from Whitney, she was always that way. I do think that the drugs are having an effect on her behavior.

Has Whitney always been that skinny?

Bobby did come off more grounded than Whitney. Just pay your child support and no violence between spouses. Bobbi Christina does not need anymore "Daddy days" off from school.

If this show did anything, it affirmed what I've believed for quite sometime that Whitney and Bobby are a match made in heaven! I remember when they first became an item and the remarks about her dating "below" herself but I always suspected Whitney was more like Bobby.

They definitely have their issues, drugs will put a cloud over any relationship but they seem to have a lot in common. The show was mildly entertaining, I'll watch it a couple more times to see what happens.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

This is a complete trainwreck but I got to be straight up in that it had me laughing my you know what off a few times. I really wasn't surprised by anything that I saw from Whitney or Bobby. It's a trainwreck but sometimes I like watching shows that don't have the pretentiousness of trying to be something that they are not.

aga
    FORTified
    When Whitney first becam big, three things were clear:
    She had an amazing singing voice;
    She was incredibly beautiful; and
    She was a little off the beam.

In some of her early interviews she would just act off the wall, but in more subtle ways than she does now. Personally I don't think at that time it was necessarily drug related, I just think the girl was off.

I know this may get me in trouble, but I never quite bought Bobby as a wife abuser. I think Whitney gave as good as she got. In the episodes she is the one who constantly makes physical threats and goes as far as raising her hand to Bobby. Now given the great amount of alcohol consumption that Bobby engages in, I can see how one of their many arguments may result in a physical injury that leaves a mark.
    Last edited by aga; 07-09-2005 at 06:34 PM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

What a nightmare this show is. I thought I was watching a Horror movie. Someone please take that kid away from the Addams Family...what a complete piece of sh** they are to be that way around thier kids. Ol crooked jaw need a Hannibal Lecter mask......and lotion.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    Ol crooked jaw need a Hannibal Lecter mask......and lotion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast