+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being Bobby Brown

Well now that Britney and Kevin have finished up their little fairy tale, it is obvious that it is time for Bobby and Whitney to step up.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Well now that Britney and Kevin have finished up their little fairy tale, it is obvious that it is time for Bobby and Whitney to step up.
    I have a feeling Bobby and Whitney are going to be much more interesting that Britney and Kevin.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I'll pass on this one. I'd rather clean the cat box than waste time watching that moron.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I'd rather help Waywrd clean out the clean box that waste time watching that mess.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Newbie

Mr. Brown meets Mr. Lama

"I have a feeling Bobby and Whitney are going to be much more interesting that Britney and Kevin."

I agree. I've seen some clips from this show on the net and they're awesome. There's one on the Bravo website where Bobby meets the Dalai Lama and one of his men introduces him as Mr. Lama! You gotta see this show. The clips are on a lot of sites but the most reliable is Bravo's website.

This is definately one show I don't have to see, don't want to see, hope no one I know sees it. The only ones I hope DO see it are whoever is responsible for child services in the state they live. I can't think for one minute that a child of Bobby and Whitney is living under conditions that would help her grow up healthy, with good values and ethics, and knowing right from wrong -- not with her mommy and daddy being her role models.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

You got that right Nemeses. I saw a blurb of Bobby being interviewed. He said "She hits me more than I do her." Yeah Bobby that makes perfect sense. It's ok for you two to be knocking each other around as long as you let her get more hits in. Yikes!!

I feel SO sorry for the kids.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Review of the show

Review: 'Brown' most disgusting ever
    Show hits new lows for reality TV -- or TV in general
    By Barry Garron
    The Hollywood Reporter

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- There's no point beating around the bush.

"Being Bobby Brown," the reality show spotlighting the R&B singer whose rap sheet might be longer than his catalog, is undoubtedly the most disgusting and execrable series ever to ooze its way onto television. And when you consider the competition from the celebrity reality genre alone, that's says something.

What gives "Bobby" that dismal distinction? Is it the lionizing of a lowlife convicted of failing to pay child support for his out-of-wedlock kids, drunk driving and a cocaine-related parole violation? (And let's not forget his spousal "slap-boxing" arrest.)

Is it his insufferable ego (he calls his son, Bobby Jr., "special to me because he carries my name")?

Is it his constant crude comments (he tells wife Whitney Houston to "bring that ass in quick. I'm going to show you what I'm going to do with it")?

Or is it just his disgusting persona as, in the second episode, he speaks of removing excrement from his wife's derriere? (No, I'm not going to quote him.)

It's all that, and then some. If the eight-part series was intended to improve Brown's image, it fails miserably.

Not only does it reveal Brown to be even more vulgar than the tabloids suggest, but it manages at the same time to rob Houston of any last shreds of dignity. She alternately shies from the camera and performs for them. At one point, she asks the offscreen crew of this so-called reality show, "What are we supposed to be doing here?"

It's also a question for anyone who tunes in.
    Well, I guess we know how this reporter feels about the show...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...eut/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Well, I guess we know how this reporter feels about the show...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...eut/index.html
    An entertainment reporter with good taste. Glad to know they're still around. Nothing in that article that's surprising... to anyone, I'll warrant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12