+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 12/4/07 Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/4/07 Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

Shay and Josh were the cutest couple, by far. I wish their montage had been longer. Shay was so sincere and precious in the way she handled him. The exercize challenge held a lot of tender and hysterical moments that I would have loved to revisit.

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly;2706088;
    This is just a sweet show. I am sad it is over. But this last episode made me smile with all the nice things they said about each other.

I am glad Dave and Jasmine won as well.

I couldn't agree with you more! If only we could get "the nice things said about each other" on other reality shows! That's why I look forward to this one - now I'll have to wait until spring (but at least it's this year!).

I wish they had talked to ALL of the geeks. Did anyone else notice how good Tony looked? And he was the first one to leave. Maybe the show rubs off on them more than we think. The guys all look great. Joshua's mom and brothers were great.

How could they not let Jasmine and Dave win? There would be a revolt if it went the other way. I do wonder how close the voting was. I imagine it was close.

Even Sam says he might go back to college???? : )

It's a Feel-Good show!

From Anemic Dog's post on the Jasmine thread:

There's something about this show that's just good hearted where so many reality shows are plain nasty. When I first heard about the concept, I was imagining The Bachelor meets one of those angsty self-conscious MTV horror shows. I was pleasantly surprised.
    This is the one reality show I've watched since the beginning. Except for a while during the "CeCe" show, I've thought the same thing. When I first heard about the show, once I saw Ashton Kutcher was involved, I had no worries! I don't think he would let it be the type that the others are.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly;2706088;
    This is just a sweet show. I am sad it is over. But this last episode made me smile with all the nice things they said about each other.

I am glad Dave and Jasmine won as well.
    I'm going to quote this post as well. Every year before it starts I have qualms...then I get caught up with the personalities. This season was the best yet, and I smiled and giggled through the finale. I loved the way Jasmine and Dave greeted each other...just like friends that hadn't seen each other in a long time (well, four months is a long time.) The Sam and Rebecca reunion was a bit squirmy, but I really liked that Rebecca credited Nicole with good game play in how she manuvered her out the door.

There were many adorable moments and now I can't wait for next season. Do you think they will evolve the "experiment" by mixing up the male/female beauty and geek pairings, i.e. more female geeks and more male beauties the next show? In the interview Ashton gave on the website, he stated that he wanted a truer mix from the beginning, but only this past season was able to test the waters with Sam and Nicole.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

It's kind of amazing the sweetness survives since the challenge winners select the couples to go to the elimination quiz. That survivor-type strategizing means some strong couples go first. I wonder what would happen if it went by a straight ranking in the challenges-- the losest ranked two go to the elimination quiz.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2705930;
    That was a pretty good finale show. It was nice to see everyone back together again. Luke and Josh looked great. Shay and Joshua were the same ol' Shay and Joshua.
    It was great to see all the couples again, especially the ones eliminated early. Josh looked amazing! But Rebecca should go back to the lighter-colored hair.

But otherwise I have to disagree, this was a really, really poor episode. Several teams didn't get much of a chance to speak, or even at all, none of the flashbacks were anything new, hardly any fan questions (via the CW website) were asked, Sam's real profession was not brought up, Jesse wasn't asked who his crush was, and the 3-2-wait till after the break countdown was annoying and cheesy.

Overall, I'd say it was a 55 minute (incl. ads) disappointment to get a result that was probably obvious to most people.

With that said, I'm fairly pleased with the overall season and cast. There are some changes I'd like to see for the next season's overall format and challenges, but most emphatically NOT any male beauty-female geek pairings, and I'm really looking forward to it.

FORT Fogey

I'd love to see the whole season be flipped, with the male beauties and female geeks - so the challenges can be more fair overall. It always seemed that Nicole was a bit out of the element, and Sam a bit more inclined to do well with a mix.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;2706662;
    I'd love to see the whole season be flipped, with the male beauties and female geeks - so the challenges can be more fair overall.
    I've said this before, and I'll say it again. . .

Though a lot of people clamor for this, I really believe that idea would never, ever work, and the reason is empathy.

Perhaps it's just sexist of me, but I think male beauties simply will not have the empathy needed to get past initial impressions of their partners as "dorky" or "losers" and learn to appreciate them as equals.

I would be supremely and extraordinarily impressed if they could make it work.

I also liked that they didn't talk about Dave's crush on Nicole. Many other shows would have exploited that situation to make them both uncomfortable 'good tv'.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Ashley, thanks for your play-by-play upthread as the show aired. I'm also a West coaster, and was hoping David and Jasmine would win. Thanks to you I was able to relax and enjoy the show, knowing my favorites would be the winners.

I also feel the show has a much-needed sweet nature to it, and appreciated that the David/Nicole issue wasn't exploited, especially since she made it known on a previous episode that she wasn't interested in dating him. I was grateful we didn't have to watch him squirm publicly. I do believe, however, that William and Jen still hate each other and simply tried to 'play nice' for the sake of not making a scene. I didn't find their 'yes, we've learned how to deal with each other' act believable for one minute.

I'm a late comer to this show, only getting interested sometime in the middle of last season, so this was my first time to watch from beginning to end. I enjoyed every minute of it and loved reading Ashley's take on it in her recaps.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast