+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beauty and the Geek 11/27 Recap: Rock the Vote!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Beauty and the Geek 11/27 Recap: Rock the Vote!

If you missed last weekís episode of Beauty and the Geek, you missed a gem of an episode. Mr. Pouty Pants Sam was upset that he didnít win a competition, Dave and Jasmine stole my heart (again), and William and Jen got their drama queen asses booted. We are finally down to the final two teams. Donít fear, faithful readers, the finale isnít until next week! That means yet another week of this show! What can possibly take up an hour of airtime if there isnít an elimination or finale? Knock knock! Itís time to meet the parents (and/or friends)!

Back to the Future

At the start of the show, a nice little screen pops up to inform us that it is the evening of the final elimination. Dun dun dun! Jasmine, Dave, Sam, and Nicole all head to the elimination room, dressed in their formal attire. In the elimination room, they find Mike standing beside a TV waiting to throw out some corny one-liners. He tells Dave and Jasmine they have made one of the greatest comebacks in the history of Beauty and the Geek and nobody expected them to win. Who is this ďnobodyĒ that Mike speaks of? Hmm? He tells Sam and Nicole that nobody expected them to even be in the game at all. They chuckle. Sam is seriously a very orangey/brown color and looks ridiculously fake tanned standing next to Nicole. It looks like someone spilled varnish on him. Anyway, Mike tells them that since the show is all about transformation, it is transforming again. The ďexperimentĒ will not end in the elimination room right then and there. Now we get another little screen popping up to inform us that we are going back in time. Thatís right, itís now THREE DAYS EARLIER!

To begin our time warp, we see all 4 contestants head into the study for an announcement from Mike. He surprises them with the news that they will all be visiting their hometowns and taking their teammates with them. They are all shocked and excited. Jasmine hopes they get to go shopping. They all pack up their things. Sam tells Nicole she will get to meet his brother, Tequila Joe. Thereís a nickname mom can be proud of.

A Tribe Called Quest

The next dramatic black screen appears reminding us that itís now 2 days before elimination. Our first stop: Boston, Massachusetts. Dave takes Jasmine to meet his friends at an outdoor cafť. She is scared they might not like her because she looks and talks different than them. His friends are surprised because he looks different and is actually wearing jeans. Jasmine asks how Daveís social life is and inquires as to what he does at home when he isnít playing Dungeons and Dragons. Daveís friend tells Jasmine they are all part of a group called ďQuestĒ and they get to act out various characters. They also tell her that Dave is very social and knows a lot of people. She is surprised and says he isnít a typical geek. Dave tells Jasmine he has a surprise for her and she hopes itís shopping. Not even close Jasmine. Itís time to LARP! Hooray!! They all go to the Boston Public Gardens so Dave can show Jasmine a little bit about LARPing. They put on their outfits and get their accessories. They sneak through the garden in order to obtain a special potion. Jasmine holds up her shield and swings her sword around. Folks, this could be my favorite part of the season so far. I cannot believe Iím witnessing Jasmine and Dave LARPing with Daveís LARPing club. Dave thinks Jasmine did very well.

4 Tools + 1 Nicole = 5 Boring People!

Next stop on our geektastic tour: Davis, California. Sam is dressed in a ridiculous black muscle shirt with red Hawaiian shorts. Where is the first place he takes Nicole? The gym of course! Isnít that where everyone takes their friends when they come to visit? He takes Nicole through a mini-workout. They do some ab work, arm work, and bench presses. Wow. Next, they head to a bar named ďThe GraduateĒ. Samís brother, Tequila Joe, is waiting for them. He is a bit heftier than Sam and not fake tanned at all. Nicole is surprised. Tequila Joe tells Nicole that ďThe GraduateĒ is the bar where their parents first met. After a touching moment with a sentimental story, out walk Samís two best toolbags friends. Thereís a little tequila tasting and some ďMatrixĒ dance move demonstrations. Good times. *yawn*

Apparently, Body Shaving Is An Art

Another dramatic black screen (apparently these people think we are idiots or that we actually care how many days it is until elimination) appears reminding us that there is only one day left until the final elimination. We are back in Boston, but this time itís for Nicole to show Sam a little bit about her life. She first takes him to the campus of Tufts University. Sam comments that the last time he was on a college campus, he wasnít there to study. Nicole tells him that she is studying musicology and music is her biggest hobby. She sings him a song. He sits and stares into space. I canít really see him though because he is blending in with the orange wall. He thinks her song was awesome. I agree. Great job, Nicole! She introduces Sam to her 2 roommates and her best friend. He of course thinks they are all geeks. She jokes (well, itís actually the truth) that Sam has taught her the art of body shaving and the art of wearing cool bracelets. Her friends are impressed that she is wearing accessories. Sam asks what Nicoleís history with guys is, and they say she sat next to a boy in the library once. Thatís like second base in geek world! Sam is glad that he got to see another side to Nicole.

Adventures in Babysitting

Our final stop on the ďmeet the parents (and/or friends)Ē road trip is Jasmineís hometown of Columbus, Ohio. We are introduced to Jasmineís mom and sister. Jasmineís mom made a huge collage of pictures of Jasmine from the time she was a baby up until now. Aww. Dave talks with Jasmineís sister, Janelle, who is the tomboy of the family (and also looks a lot like Jazz). Janelle tells Dave that she and Jasmine can just lie around all day, watch Disney movies, and eat. Hey, that sounds like my weekend! Dave is very impressed with how close Jasmine is with her family. After they leave her house, Jasmine takes Dave to see the kids she babysits. They jump on the trampoline. Dave sees the little kids doing flips, so he decides to try one too. He gets in perfect formation, flips backward, and lands on his head. Not quite as impressive as your beach performance a few weeks ago, Davey. Dave asks the kids if they like Jasmine as a babysitter and they say yes. He tells the kids that he is 28 years old and he still likes to play with swords. Thatís probably not something Iíd admit out loud. Jasmine thinks he is a big kid at heart.

A Look Into The Past

Another wonderful black screen comes on with the announcement that it is the day of the final elimination! I would get excited right now, but I know there is still another episode left, duh. Everyone wakes up, gets ready for the day, and talks about how excited they are to be in the final 2 teams. Dave isnít sure how good of a chance that he and Jazz have of winning because he doesnít know the criteria that the winning is based off of. Jasmine speculates that the final elimination challenge might have something to do with trust or familiarity. She tries many times to say familiarity, eventually with success. Dave says that Nicole and Sam have been a strong team all along, whereas he and Jasmine were weak at first and eventually grew into being a strong team. Cue the flashback scenes. Aww, I love it when Jasmine squeals out of happiness. Dave thinks if the winner is chosen based on which team has changed the most, he and Jasmine have an excellent chance of winning.

Meanwhile, at the Sam and Nicole camp, they are going over facts about each otherís lives. Sam asks her the names of his ex-girlfriends, and she says if someone gives her a phone book, she could point to every womanís name in it and theyíd all probably be Samís ex-girlfriends. Good thing my name isnít in the phone book! They speculate about what the final elimination challenge might be. Sam thinks it would be cool if it was kind of like a cumulative test about everything theyíve studied so far. Cue Sam/Nicole flashbacks scenes. Nicole thinks theyíll have the advantage if itís a quiz type elimination.

The Last Supper

Before the final elimination (or what they think is the final elimination) they all get glammed up for a nice farewell dinner. Jasmine and Nicole put on dresses and Sam and Dave put on suit jackets. They toast to being in the final 2. Jasmine thinks they have all bonded, and she will be okay if Sam and Nicole win because they are a good team also. Sam is glad that Dave and Jasmine are the other team in the final 2 and he says he will miss them both like crazy. Wait. Did Sam just say something that wasnít stupid? The four talk about what they think the elimination challenge is going to be. Nicole thinks it is going to be about the strength of their partnership and their growth together. Jasmine toasts to the fact that no matter what, they will all be friends. She giggles.

Dave and Jasmine walk out to the balcony and he tells her there is something that he was waiting to tell her when everything was over, but he wants to tell her now. He tells her that money isnít everything and whatís important is happiness. He has a good luck present for her, and gives her a Chinese charm that his mom bought in China. She thanks him and gives him a big hug.

Back to the Future... Again

The FINAL ELIMINATION screen comes up and both teams enter the study. The first scene of the episode is replayed where Mike tells them that the ďexperimentĒ will not end right then and there in the elimination room. This year, the winner will be determined byÖ AMERICA!!! This is music to my ears. Sweet, sweet music to my ears.

Each team gets the chance to address America and tell us why they deserve to win. They get some time to prepare. Jasmine thinks that she and Dave should just speak from the heart. Nicole thinks they should have some specifics whereas Sam thinks they should be more relaxed. Sam and Nicole are first. Nicole says they have grown together and Sam has taught her to take life more lightly. Sam says Nicole has taught him a lot. She taught him a lot by example and he hopes that America can see the changes he can feel. Itís now Dave and Jasmineís turn. Jasmine thinks that when Dave didnít want to be her partner, he was judging a book by its cover. She thinks theyíve both learned not to do that, and that they bring out each otherís strong points. Dave thinks theyíve come a long way. Honestly, I wasnít really impressed with either teamís speech.

Next week: Itís the season finale! All of the teams will be back and the winner will be crowned!

Well, it looks like itís time for all of us to vote via text or the CWís website. Well, everyone except those of you in Canada. Apparently, the CW forgot that you enjoy this show too.

I bet you canít guess who Iíll be voting for!
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: Beauty and the Geek 11/27 Recap: Rock the Vote!

Thanks, Ashley -it was great as usual! I really look forward to this show. Can we nominate Jasmine for the next Bachelorette? Wouldn't that be a hoot! Some of my fav LOL moments:

[QUOTE=AshleyPSU;2698776;]

It looks like someone spilled varnish on him.

After a touching moment with a sentimental story, out walk Sam’s two best toolbags friends.

I can’t really see him though because he is blending in with the orange wall.

Sam asks what Nicole’s history with guys is, and they say she sat next to a boy in the library once. That’s like second base in geek world! [B]

He tells the kids that he is 28 years old and he still likes to play with swords. That’s probably not something I’d admit out loud.

Sam asks her the names of his ex-girlfriends, and she says if someone gives her a phone book, she could point to every woman’s name in it and they’d all probably be Sam’s ex-girlfriends. Good thing my name isn’t in the phone book!

Sam is glad that Dave and Jasmine are the other team in the final 2 and he says he will miss them both like crazy. Wait. Did Sam just say something that wasn’t stupid?
    Last edited by Beachmom; 11-30-2007 at 10:31 AM.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Ashley, thank you, thank you, thank you. My husband forgot to record this when I was out on Tues. (He watches the show too and had a "beauty" moment and thought the show was over.). Great recap. Enjoyed it tremendously.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2698776;
    Dave tells Jasmine he has a surprise for her and she hopes itís shopping. Not even close Jasmine. Itís time to LARP! Hooray!! They all go to the Boston Public Gardens so Dave can show Jasmine a little bit about LARPing. They put on their outfits and get their accessories. They sneak through the garden in order to obtain a special potion. Jasmine holds up her shield and swings her sword around. Folks, this could be my favorite part of the season so far. I cannot believe Iím witnessing Jasmine and Dave LARPing with Daveís LARPing club. Dave thinks Jasmine did very well.
    Hehe! This was my favorite part of the show! I'd like to see Jasmine and Dave LARP again in the Finale show!

Jasmine was so funny running around killing everybody, then bringing Dave back to life...

This pair were truly meant to be together!

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

"Sam is seriously a very orangey/brown color and looks ridiculously fake tanned standing next to Nicole. It looks like someone spilled varnish on him."

LOL! And here I thought that it was my TV acting up again!!!!!
    Wasting away another summer...

+ Reply to Thread