+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beauty and the Geek 11/20 Recap: Would You Like Some Cheese With That Whine?

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Beauty and the Geek 11/20 Recap: Would You Like Some Cheese With That Whine?

Did you ever hear that Emerson, Lake, and Palmer song that goes, ďWelcome back my friends to the show that never endsĒ? Well, I feel like I wrote that song because Iím so ready for this season to just be over. Most of my favorites are gone, and at this point Iím slowly caring less and less about who wins. I know, I know. How can you get excited about the show when the Fort Beauty and the Geek recap writer canít even get excited about it? One word: wine. Luckily, on tonightís episode, we are having lots! Time to put on an alcohol-induced smile and get on with the show!

Last week the beauties were forced to face their critter fears while the geeks showed off some fancy moves behind the bar. In the end, Joshua and Shay were eliminated. The final 3 teams are Dave/Jasmine, Sam/Nicole, and William/Jen.

A Moment of Flatulence Silence

This weekís episode starts with Jen and William surprising the remaining 2 teams with the fact that they werenít eliminated. Jasmine asks everyone to have a moment of silence for Shay and Joshua. During that moment of silence, someone farts. They all blame Jen and she giggles, but then William raises his hand as if to claim the untimely flatulence. Heís definitely starting to climb to near-Sam levels on the douchebag charts. Gross.

Dave and Nicole have a sweet heart to heart talk. He tells her that whenever he starts to feel like he has a connection with a girl, she goes after another guy. He admits to us in a private interview that heís had a crush on Nicole since the start of the show, but he is deciding not to tell her. Nicole thinks he is sweet and good to talk to. Nicole tells him she didnít date at all in high school. Dave is hoping when the show is over, he can finally work up the courage to ask her on a date. You go Dave!

Itís time for Mike to announce the challenge, so everyone heads to the study. Mike walks in carrying a bottle of wine. This man really knows how to get a girlís attention. Last week it was bartending, this week itís wine. William whines that he canít understand how anyone can like wine. Itís acidic and itís tart. Funny, thatís how I feel about you, Willie. The teams will be heading to a vineyard for their challenge. Itís going to be a team challenge, with the winners guaranteed a spot in the final 2. Mike tosses out a fun fact that William and Jen havenít won a challenge and nobody has ever won Beauty and the Geek without winning a challenge first.

Nicole hopes that she can win the challenge because she feels like Sam has been carrying her the whole time and she wants to step up and show him she can win too. Iím hoping they both lose. Dave has no intentions of going to the elimination room. Jasmine is scared it is going to be some kind of race. She is worried because she gets winded easily. Her head is filled with a lot of air. She and Dave high five.

CAB-ER-NAY? You Donít Say!

On the way to the vineyard, everyone continues studying. Mr. Know-it-all William tells everyone the correct pronunciation of the word ďcabernetĒ is CAB-ER-NET while they all argue itís CAB-ER-NAY. He wonít back down, so they all just roll their eyes and ignore him.

The teams arrive at the challenge to find stomping bin contraptions. Dave predicts this challenge will be comedy, and he dreads comedy. The way the challenge works: Each team must pick 20 lbs. of grapes from the grapevines, transfer them to the wine stomping barrel, stomp on them, fill their bucket of wine, bottle the wine, then cork the wine. The team that crosses the finish line together with 3 bottles of wine first, wins. The catch? The teammates will be tied together at the waist and ankles. Ooo, wine AND bondage? Now Iím watching!

Tie Me Up

The challenge begins and all of the teams seem to be walking together just fine. They dig into the grapevines. None of the teams are really sure what 10 lbs feels like. Nicole thinks Sam might know since heís an experienced muscle man. William thinks he and Jen have 10 lbs so they head back up the hill to where the scales are. Dave and Jasmine also head back. Dave and Jasmine have enough grapes to begin their stomping. William and Jen only have 13 lbs and have to head back into the grapevines. Dave and Jasmine are so funny stomping on their grapes. He is laughing and she is squealing. William and Jen weigh their grapes from the 2nd trip and figure out they now have enough. They begin stomping. Nicole and Sam also begin stomping. Dave and Jasmine begin filling their bottles while the other teams are still stomping. They finish and head toward the finish line, still tied together, carrying 3 bottles on a tray. They make it first and win the challenge! Hells yeah!! Sam/Nicole and William/Jen will be heading to the elimination room.

Hey Sam, My Give-A-Damnís Busted

After the challenge, the teams get to have a lovely and sophisticated dinner of wine and cheese. Jasmine says she feels like a queen. She is excited because itís the first time sheís won something. Sam is pouting like a baby. He complains that he canít eat his food because there was a fly on it. Nicole offers her fly-free food. She thinks he is still pissed that he didnít win. Jen comments that he didnít eat anything at all at dinner because he is mad that he finally didnít win something. A challenge Sam will win every single time: Who can stare at themselves the longest in the mirror? Donít even try to beat him in that because, honey, you will lose.

Back at the house, William and Jen hit the books. William thinks they will do alright because Sam is too bummed out to study. They quiz each other on the facts of all things wine. Meanwhile, Sam grooms himself. Surprise. Jasmine and Dave talk about how excited they are to be in the final 2.

The Good Olí Days

The teams head downstairs where they find a little note telling them that a surprise awaits them in the study. What could it be? They walk into the room where there is a TV set up. What is playing? Footage of the geeks from the very first episode and clips of the teams throughout different episodes! We get to see Dave in all of his LARPing glory, LARPing with Jasmine in the first episode. Even one of Daveís private interviews is shown. Jasmine gets to see Dave saying that he is screwed because Jasmine is his partner. She yells at him playfully then giggles. He tells her he is sorry. Next is a clip of Sam saying that he doesnít read a lot because he likes to go out and do stuff. Sam doesnít like to read? Thereís a shocker. He looks like a baked potato because heís so tan in that clip. Sam thinks heís a lot different now. We see a few clips of Nicole talking about her awkwardness with boys. The final clip montage we get to see is of William and Jen. They have an argument about whether or not muscle weighs more than fat. William says it doesnít, Jen says it does. Nicole didnít realize Williamís and Jenís problems started so early until she saw the clip.

Before the elimination, Dave helps Nicole study. He wants her to win in the elimination room so she can stay a few more days. Jasmine eavesdrops on Dave and Nicole, commenting that she has known since Nicole came to the house that Dave has had the hots for her. He asks for Jasmineís help. She thinks that if Sam and Nicole come back from elimination, they should go on a four date. She wonders what a four date is really called. A group date? Oh sweet Jasmine. Dave informs her that itís called a double date. He comments that heís still trying to figure out what the definition of a date is.

Will You Be My Girlfriend? Check Yes Or No.

Samís head is back in the game after his disappointing loss. He is making flash cards and studying his buns of steel off! Jen and William continue to study. William helps her zip her suitcase and gets excited that they showed some teamwork. That will really come in handy in the next suitcase zipping challenge. Jasmine tells Dave not to let fear get in the way of telling Nicole he likes her. She thinks Dave should tell Nicole he likes her just in case she will be leaving. Thereís a word for this situation, and itís called ďJr. HighĒ. Jasmine goes into Nictoolís (thatís my combo for Nicole/Sam) room to wish them good luck and say her last goodbyes. She suggests that if they come back from elimination, they should have a double date with champagne and dinner. Sam thinks that would be ďkillerĒ. Jasmine tells Nicole she should go say one last goodbye to Dave. She heads into Daveís room and he stares at her awkwardly. Finally, he musters the courage to ask her if sheíd like to go on a date to Davis Square in Boston when they are done with the show. She says yes. (Apparently they live within a 5 minute walk of each other). He tells her he hopes she comes back because he really likes her. They hug. Awww. Can there be a final 3 instead of a final 4? Letís kick Sam out! She says she would love to hang out with Dave when they get back to Boston, but she doesnít see it going anywhere. She leaves the room and Jasmine rushes back in. She is so excited and proud of Dave for telling Nicole how he feels.

You Are The Weakest Link, Goodbye!

Itís elimination room time! The teams will be asked questions about wine. Beauties will go first.

Question 1: The color of wine is primarily determined by the presence or absence of what part of the grape?
    Jenís answer: The skin
    Correct!
    Jen/William 1 Ė Nicole/Sam 0

Question 2: Who is the Roman God of wine? (Mike gave choices, but like I can spell them! hehe)
    Samís answer: Bacchus
    Correct!
    Jen/William 1 Ė Nicole/Sam 1

Question 3: Which of these words is primarily used to describe a wine scientist? Ornithologist, Enologist, or Ichthyologist
    Jenís answer: Ornithologist
    Wrong! Correct answer: Enologist
    Jen/William 1 Ė Nicole/Sam 1

Question 4: According to your material on wine tasting, what is the correct order for the following tasks to optimize enjoyment? Sip, slosh, spit; slosh, spit, swirl; sniff, spit, slosh
    Samís answer: Sip, slosh, spit
    Correct!
    Jen/William 1 Ė Nicole/Sam 2

Geeksí turn!

Question 5: Using your material as a guideline, arrange these wines in order of how cold, or chilled, they should be served from the coldest to the warmest. Red, champagne, white
    Williamís answer: Champagne, white, red
    Correct!
    Jen/William 2 Ė Nicole/Sam 2

Question 6: If youíre not careful, which of these could make you tipsy faster since it has the higher alcohol content? 8 oz of Merlot, 8 oz of Port, or neither since they are the same
    Nicoleís answer: 8 oz of Port
    Correct!
    Jen/William 2 Ė Nicole/Sam 3

Question 7: From her Back to Black album, what British singer, with a fitting name for this challenge, first recorded the hit song ďRehabĒ?
    Williamís answer: Shotta Bute? Is that what he said?
    Wrong! Correct answer: Amy Winehouse (Wine... WinehouseÖ get it? Those writers are so clever!)

Final Score: Jen/William 2 Ė Nicole/Sam 3

William is kicking himself because he was going to choose card 3. Just for fun, Mike reads him the question asking what the main ingredient fermented to make Saki is. William laughs in a very psychotic manner then answers rice. Jen tells him everything happens for a reason and he starts whining about how itís unfair because they were just starting to get along, blah blah. Iím over you, William. Go home.

In their exit interview, Jen says at one point she actually hated William but then in the last week they really came together. William says he has gained respect for her. He says that muscle is more dense than fat, but they weigh the same. He makes Jen repeat it. What a smartass. He always has to have the last word. Donít let the door hit you on the way out!

Next week: The teams go home to meet each otherís families and a shocking twist is revealed as to how the winners will be chosen. Wouldnít that be sweet if they let the viewers vote? Nah, they wouldnít do that. Theyíd only get 17 votes.
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: Beauty and the Geek 11/20 Recap: Would You Like Some Cheese With That Whine?

Hilarious recap, Ashley. Hey, I haven't even seen the show, yet. I don't suppose I have to watch it after reading your recap.

Re: Beauty and the Geek 11/20 Recap: Would You Like Some Cheese With That Whine?

After your "Would you like some cheese with that whine," comment, the rest was gravy.

"Wouldn’t that be sweet if they let the viewers vote? Nah, they wouldn’t do that. They’d only get 17 votes."
    lol That's great! Great recap.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Fabulous recap, Ashley. I appreciate your taking the time to do it. Thank you!

Thanks, Ashley! As usual your recap brightened my day. I was very late viewing this episode and spent some time avoiding the one other person who I know watches it! Some of my favorites from your recap:

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2684631;
    Heís definitely starting to climb to near-Sam levels on the douchebag charts. Gross.

Dave is hoping when the show is over, he can finally work up the courage to ask her on a date. You go Dave!

Itís acidic and itís tart. Funny, thatís how I feel about you, Willie.

because he is mad that he finally didnít win something. A challenge Sam will win every single time: Who can stare at themselves the longest in the mirror? Donít even try to beat him in that because, honey, you will lose.

Meanwhile, Sam grooms himself. Surprise.

Will You Be My Girlfriend? Check Yes Or No.

You Are The Weakest Link, Goodbye!

Iím over you, William. Go home.

Next week: The teams go home to meet each otherís families and a shocking twist is revealed as to how the winners will be chosen. Wouldnít that be sweet if they let the viewers vote? Nah, they wouldnít do that. Theyíd only get 17 votes.

+ Reply to Thread