+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which Team Will Win?

FORT Fogey

Re: Which Team Will Win?

Did anyone bother to vote? Making you register is shooting this end concept in the foot. I just didn't care enough to do all that typing. If I cannot push a button then forget it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2704454;
    Did anyone bother to vote? Making you register is shooting this end concept in the foot. I just didn't care enough to do all that typing. If I cannot push a button then forget it.
    There are at least three good reasons they do it. In descending order of importance for them (CW):
    • They want more information on their audience in general, and you specifically.
    • Since it is a contest with money involved, there may be legal reasons.
    • They want to weed out the casual viewer, and only get votes from the dedicated, hard-core fans.

If it's the first point that's really bothersome, just pick out a random name from the phone book!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2701430;
    Nicole must have something that we haven't seen, other than being the only smart woman there, for Dave to be so interested.
    Ummmm, no. Dave is pretty boring. I think, if he hadn't had Jasmine as a partner, he would have been out much earlier in the show. Jasmine kept it light and stupid and Dave just sort of followed her lead -- particularly when they got to Mexico and he had to Salsa dance and when he had to bartend. Left on his own devices, he would have been a total bore. Jasmine kept telling him to just let go, to not think about things so much.

FORT Fogey

Jasmine kept it stupid. Oh I love that. Yes she did!

I'm sure they're not showing us the "real" Nicole. I remember one of the other girls saying she was really funny, and I think we caught a glimpse of her in a group shot that showed this (I think they were all sitting around on the floor and she was laughing). I imagine she is told by TPTB to "play up" her "geekness" as much as possible, so in a sense she is acting too. And didn't one of her roommates call her Nikki?

Even though she and Dave both live in Boston, Dave's friends are trying to fix him up, so I imagine Dave and Nicole are "just friends"!

I still want Jasmine and Dave to win. I voted for them!

Words I love to hear: "the TEN teams will reunite. . ."

Can't wait to see everyone again, but how will they fill an hour? Flashbacks? We've already had those!

I'm afraid I almost always forgot the show was on Tuesdays. Bleh. I'm so glad they were showing at least two weeks back online. I have to say Sam grew on me once his hottie left. Once he got into the game and his serious side emerged, he was likeable. Dave still talks like a pompous elitist, but I agree with Jasmine in that his friends brought him down to earth. I wish Nicole could have loosened up even more...she was so far out of her comfort zone, and while she was the most desired female in the house (according to that cute In The Moment sketch they did on the review show) it seemed that a lot of the time she had no clue. Talk about clues - Jasmine was the one with her head in the game. She was adorable. My favorite line is from her LARPing experience when, dressed as a green elf, she holds the book from the chest and says, "I can't read this, it's not in elvish."

I like both couples for a variety of reasons, but I think Dave and Jasmine will win.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I agree about liking both couples for different reasons. Jasmine and Nicole are the two that shine from this foursome.

LARPING gives me the creeps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234