+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Team Will Win?

Re: Which Team Will Win? What's the Twist?

I think Dave/Jasmine have it all wrapped up.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

We voted for Dave and Jasmine, but it crossed my mind that they will have to "evolve" the show considerably for the next season or everyone is going to be acting like they don't like their partners to begin with in order to show a great big change throughout the show, as they have been given to believe that "transformation" is the main criterion for winning. Leaving it up to America does add an element of randomness, but they cut the show to strongly follow their theme, which of course is leading... Not that I need to be led very much; just on the basis of personalities I prefer the one team over the other. I suspect likability (Jasmine) will trump mad competition skillz (Sam) in most voters' opinions.

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2698695;
    Leaving it up to America does add an element of randomness, but they cut the show to strongly follow their theme, which of course is leading...
    This is why I hate the latest twist. I know all reality show contestants love to complain about editing, but this is a legit example of where it can really have an impact. If you took one team and gave us nothing but their bad moments and took another team and gave us all of their good, which way do you think "the people" will vote? It's a bad enough idea for a live show, but it is just plain awful for a taped show.

I think we've seen it here, like I mentioned in another thread, D&J were given the "comeback" edit. If they don't win, I'll be shocked. Even in the last episode, I thought things were slanted towards D&J. Their trips home seemed to be a bit more interesting/entertaining than S&N's.

FORT Newbie

D&J's trips seemed more entertaining/interesting because D&J ARE more interesting/entertaining, IMO. I think Nicole comes across as VERY nice, but very boring. Yes, I know the editing could be the reason, but I really haven't seen ANYTHING all season to prove otherwise. You would think the Editors would have at least screwed up once or twice and shown footage that made Nicole appear interesting. BTW...I actually find Sam pretty likable and very enteraining.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2700287;
    This is why I hate the latest twist. I know all reality show contestants love to complain about editing, but this is a legit example of where it can really have an impact. If you took one team and gave us nothing but their bad moments and took another team and gave us all of their good, which way do you think "the people" will vote? It's a bad enough idea for a live show, but it is just plain awful for a taped show.

I think we've seen it here, like I mentioned in another thread, D&J were given the "comeback" edit. If they don't win, I'll be shocked. Even in the last episode, I thought things were slanted towards D&J. Their trips home seemed to be a bit more interesting/entertaining than S&N's.

FORT Fan

I am confused. Is this show shown in real time? I had assumed that the whole thing had already happened, so they could make editing decisions as in the Bachelor.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Which Team Will Win?

Nicole must have something that we haven't seen, other than being the only smart woman there, for Dave to be so interested.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: Which Team Will Win?

If anyone missed an episode, or you want to rewatch any of them, MTV is airing a marathon of this season's episodes today.

I believe voting is over, so I hope you all got to vote!
    Wake up and be awesome

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by weary;2700859;
    I am confused. Is this show shown in real time? I had assumed that the whole thing had already happened, so they could make editing decisions as in the Bachelor.
    The show was taped, except for the finale which will be live.

Quote Originally Posted by neon0967;2700773;
    D&J's trips seemed more entertaining/interesting because D&J ARE more interesting/entertaining, IMO. I think Nicole comes across as VERY nice, but very boring. Yes, I know the editing could be the reason, but I really haven't seen ANYTHING all season to prove otherwise. You would think the Editors would have at least screwed up once or twice and shown footage that made Nicole appear interesting. BTW...I actually find Sam pretty likable and very enteraining.
    I was thinking about that the other day. Nicole seems nice but really boring. She sang wonderfully and I am sure is outstanding as a musicologist, but it seems she rarely smiles. And when she does smile it seems forced.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I don't. I am hoping that next cycle they have half male beauties/Female

geeks, and half female beauties/male geeks. I feel this is a great idea. I

liked this season a lot and really hope they continue on this way.

As far as people thinking Sam hasn't changed well he has. After Rebecca

left did Sam go after another female beauty like most male beauties do?

No, he got down to business, learned how to study, and played the game.

I like Nicole also. She seems to have become more confident and open.

I have to wonder how Sam will react towards her now that he has seen

how she manipulated him to get rid of Rebecca.

Kari Ana

Quote Originally Posted by spellboundboy;2688659;
    I think they should just drop the Guy-Beauty Girl-Geek thing, it doesn't really add or subtract to the show, it's good either way. They just need more teams!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast