+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11/20/07 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/20/07 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

As that little prig, William, kept insisting at the end, muscle is denser then fat. By that reasoning, I'm not really sure why he can't understand that, cup for cup, muscle also weighs more than fat. Gah, he wasn't even good enough to be a geek.

Well, at least I have hope for a Dave & Jasmine win. I totally love Jasmine. Not book smart, has difficulty with reading and is lazy, but she's actually pretty perceptive and seems to know people, which makes her smart in a different way. Plus, she's just freakin' adorable. And Dave? I might consider going out with him if I were a lot younger and a bit geekier.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by abachelor;2683965;
    Ummm....no....William is right...muscle is denser than fat, so one pound of muscle will take up less space than one pound of fat. Just think of it this way...1 pound lead weighs EXACTLY the same as 1 pound of feathers. You'll just have more feathers than lead, just like you'll have more fat than muscle......

I am sooo happy that Jazz and Dave made the Final 2!!!

But if you filled a cup with fat and an identical one full of muscle, the muscle would weigh more. It's not 1 pound of Fat = 1 pound of muscle, it's volume/weight of fat vs volume/weight of muscle.
    Now I'm grossed out thinking of my example.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2683986;
    As that little prig, William, kept insisting at the end, muscle is denser then fat. By that reasoning, I'm not really sure why he can't understand that, cup for cup, muscle also weighs more than fat. Gah, he wasn't even good enough to be a geek.
    Yes that's how I understand it!! Thank goodness I'm not the only one. I was going to have to go searching through my texts.

FORT Newbie

I absolutely do not want Jasmine to win. Dave deserves it so much more than her. That should be the twist, only one person, not team should get the money. Jasmine is annoying and Dave had totally transformed, she is still the same (or seems the same) as she did on day one. Go Sam and Nicole.

If Dave wins, Jasmine wins also (:
    Tyra: Lets hear it for the 6 baddest chick in this competition. Now it's time to get on that private plane.. but guess what? you guys aren't top models yet. My judges are already stars, and they travel FIRST CLASS, PRIVATE. See you later, have fun on your commercial flight. (Tyra & Judges leave for the plane) See you (long pause) in Rome ladies (Final 6 models cheer) Chao Bella.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2683981;
    I'm confused then. I thought that part of the whole weight loss thing was that sometimes people won't lose as much because they have more muscle and it weighs heavier when on a scale. I was sure that was how it worked. Learned something new!
    The "weight-loss thing" has to do with appearance and which tissue burns more calories. A muscle-y person will appear more sleek and thin than another person of equal weight but who has more fat tissue. Muscle tissue, pound for pound, also burns more calories than fat tissue (I'm not sure fat tissue burns any at all)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly;2683949;
    I thought so. She really got the short end of the stick to be paired with William. CaberneT? C'mon. He didn't want to listen and didn't want to grow. His thick headedness caused them to loose.
    It was clear to me he knew the correct pronunciation, and was just getting a rise out of the others. But he carried it too far (as he as tended to do with many things), and of course, by now, he can't get the benefit of the doubt any more.

Quote Originally Posted by francis e;2684894;
    It was clear to me he knew the correct pronunciation, and was just getting a rise out of the others. But he carried it too far (as he as tended to do with many things), and of course, by now, he can't get the benefit of the doubt any more.
    When they showed the clip of them praticing, I had thought to myself 'I thought 'orenthology' (sorry about the spelling) was the study of birds....then I thought I was wrong...
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by soon2bmrs;2684186;
    I absolutely do not want Jasmine to win. Dave deserves it so much more than her. That should be the twist, only one person, not team should get the money. Jasmine is annoying and Dave had totally transformed, she is still the same (or seems the same) as she did on day one. Go Sam and Nicole.
    The same can be said about Sam. So your point is moot.

I think Dave changed the most. I am really proud of him....
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast