+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11/13/07 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 11/13/07 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2667020;
    William & Jen
    I just cannot stand this team. Even if they pulled it together at this point I don't think they could get me to like them. They are only working at it for the money at this point.
    Can you blame them?

I don't.

They were both ready and willing to walk away from the money! Until Dave stepped in with his "you must work things out" argument. OK Dave, against Nicole's better advice and their wishes, you made them stay. Small wonder if the money now becomes a much bigger factor for them than for the others. Especially now the odds have improved from 1:10 to 1:3 (and yes, now them's good odds, Smashus).

By the way, aside from some table-side muttering and second-thought confessions, has Dave done anything substantiative to follow-up on his decree? I think the editors would have shown us anything like him taking William aside and setting him straight. But they didn't, so I'm betting Dave is being passive rather than actually trying to help William.

FORT Regular

SV,

I don't know if it's too late, or if you even accept requests, but when you interview Shay&Joshua, could you include this question:

What motivated you to make the pairings as you did, and more specifically Jen&William?

Thanks,

fej

JR.

Dave & Jazz are getting the "turning things around" edit. They started a bit shaky, Joshua called them on it a few weeks ago, and now they are working well together. It wouldn't surprise to see them win. Jen & Will winning would go against what the show is billed as, and I can't see the stunt team winning.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by francis e;2667239;

The thing is, to have arranged for everyone to come back (or stick around) would have taken a lot of pre-planning. It's not something they could have introduced in the last week just because they knew it would hurt the show's ratings if CC won. Instead I'd say the producers got lucky.
    The producers didn't get lucky. Don't forget, as these shows are being filmed, edited, etc., lots of people are getting to watch them and see the material that is going into them. People on production crews usually form opinions going along, so the producers have a lot of opinions to draw from. (Not only the production crews, but these people take home copies of the tapes and show them to friends, family members -- so lots of folks get to see these pre-taped shows before the public ever sees them.)

Anyway, this would be why they threw in the twist at the final moment right before Cece went home with the money. It was clever and left people feeling good when she didn't win.

I think Ashton likes happy endings, so I expect to see a happy ending here too.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727;2668104;
    The producers didn't get lucky. Don't forget, as these shows are being filmed, edited, etc., lots of people are getting to watch them and see the material that is going into them. People on production crews usually form opinions going along, so the producers have a lot of opinions to draw from.
    No doubt.

(Not only the production crews, but these people take home copies of the tapes and show them to friends, family members -- so lots of folks get to see these pre-taped shows before the public ever sees them.)
    This I seriously doubt! The producers need to go through great effort to keep the results as secret as possible, for as long as possible. Showing tapes to family friends, with a resultant release of spoilers, is a sure-fire way to ruin your show's income potential. I'd bet quite a bit of money taking this stuff home is a big no-no with pretty severe penalties. Ditto for the eliminated cast members.

But never mind.

Anyway, this would be why they threw in the twist at the final moment right before Cece went home with the money. It was clever and left people feeling good when she didn't win.
    All those opinions you talk about, and seeing which way events and trends are going, take time. By the time the producers get their collective, "Oh s***, Cecile might actually win this thing! What'll we do, what'll we do?!?" moment, and then come up with Plan B, most of your cast has gone home. Now you have to round 'em all up and bring them back. Then you need keep them on ice until they know which of Plan A or B they need.

I just don't believe that's possible w/o a lot of pre-planning, i.e. it was plan A all along, i.e. they got lucky.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 11-14-2007 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2668005;
    Dave & Jazz are getting the "turning things around" edit. They started a bit shaky, Joshua called them on it a few weeks ago, and now they are working well together. It wouldn't surprise to see them win. Jen & Will winning would go against what the show is billed as, and I can't see the stunt team winning.
    ITA!!

I think Ashton likes happy endings, so I expect to see a happy ending here too.
    We can only hope! I really hope this is the way it turns out and we all have smiles on our faces next Tuesday night!

Quote Originally Posted by francis e;2667406;
    Can you blame them?
    I don't blame them for wanting the money, but I also don't have to like them!!

FORT Fan

I never laughed so hard dring this show than during the bartending task! Also, when Sam was teasing about Nicole in confessional and was twirling his hand around his head over and over mimicking her. I was dying!!
    I think Sam and Nicole will take this one, and Sam is way smarter than the beauties, so I call unfair advantage. While I like the idea of a male beauty and a female geek, I would like to see an entire cast of them to even the playing field.

FORT Newbie

I hate all of the remaining teams. First Holly left and then Erin and Jesse, then went Natalie and John and now Shay and Joshua? I'm bummed out. I wish they have this twist where they bring back one of the eliminated couples back into the house. Because Natalie and John's exist was not fair to say the least.

aw i know, holly rocked. ^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123