+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11/13/07 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/13/07 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;2666339;
    NO, NO, NO! These two cannot leave! OK - I know everyone eventually has to leave, but. . . If William and Jennifer win this, I won't watch it again. Even tonight I thought of all the reality shows, this one seems the most kind - if I can say that. If those two win, I'll change my mind. It defeats the whole purpose of the show. Two people who can't stand each other pulling together to prove they can learn from each other and they're a team? P-L-E-A-S-E!!!

Dave and Jasmine better take it all. I think the fact that Sam won another challenge just speaks to the fact how unfair it is to have a male beauty. Of course he would do better with bugs! Maybe if they had more than one - maybe half and half?

Dave has grown on me. Next week looks interesting. . . He and Jasmine have really tried and THEY deserve to win. Enough said!
    Well, Will pretty much said it all tonight that he is in it for the money. I can't stand the bickering couples, either.

Apparently, John and Natalie were eliminated a week too early. With John's juggling skills, he would have rocked the bartending challenge.

Oh, and sad to say, I'm afraid I would have like Jasmine for that bug challenge. Those things creep me out big time, and I cannot stand to touch them or vice-versa.

Sam and Nicole can't possibly win this, can they? Surely, the show has been setting it up to make them appear invincible, but we have to have a real geek and beauty win this. We just have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2666097;
    Okay, show's over, but I'll be the first to post. Huuuuuuge bummer. I really liked Joshua and Shay and was really hoping they'd be final two.
    no! I really wanted Josh and Shay to be final 2 with Dave and Jasmine.

Dave and Jasmine must win!
    omg, stunning~*~.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet;2666411;
    Sam and Nicole can't possibly win this, can they? Surely, the show has been setting it up to make them appear invincible, but we have to have a real geek and beauty win this. We just have to.

I think the show will lose a lot of credibility if this happens! Now I'm starting to wonder if some of it IS scripted. Look at the questions tonight. There was one Jennifer got that was so easy about which animal has scales, or something like that, then Shay's next question was a lot harder. It seems like it is fair. Could they be scripting the elimination round???

FORT Fogey

Awwww.... I wanted Shay and Joshua to stay too. What a bummer they didn't win in the elimination room. I really felt like they got a lot out of their stay in the house.

The part with Dave and Jasmine and the brownies... Was that sweet or what?

FORT Newbie

I haven't watched the ep yet, but before clicking the thread, I thought "Who would I be saddest to see go? I bet they were booted tonight". And I was right

well tonights episode was sad...i must say even though i wasn't team Shay & Joshua i think they both made a big improvement and i loved the way shay was dressed tonight with her hair pulled back..and that dress is cute...as for the challenge i wouldn't touch any of those things...one i would of died or caught a heart attack just by looking or being near those spiders...and what dave did for his partner Jasmine was really nice...i think alot of people that were sent home early are silly for not sending Jasmine & Dave into elimination cause look at them now they flew under the radar and now they are starting to shine....i dont know whats wrong with will and Jenn but i think Will needs to let somethings go and work with his partner...shes making the effort but he isnt...o0o that Bartender was sexy and i would so do him lol....i want Sam and Nicole to win cause i just love them...its funny everyone tried to gang up and get them eliminated but it backfired on them...i miss Holly,the first girl to leave, Luke (he was cute) and John (he was also cute)...but hey i think they made a right pick by getting rid of a stronger team...after all it is a competition and only one team can win...as for ceceil last year i hated her with a passion
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole

FORT Regular

From the little tidbits at the end of the recap ep., and the challenge descriptions this week vs. next week, I knew Shay&Joshua were going to get the boot.

Instead of boo-hooing, I'm going to take an opposing view from (I guess) pretty much everyone here, and use the same argument so many others have used when teams such as Jesse&Erin, or John&Natalie were eliminated. . .

Their Laurel and Hardy'esque relationship was a real treat to watch, but it was time for them to leave.

They had each, individually and as partners, gone as far as they could. There was little to no potential for growth from either of them. Shay clearly has demonstrated a new-found openness and appreciation for people like Joshua, and shown herself capable of doing things she never thought she could. In turn, Joshua has gained tremendous confidence in himself and his pride in, and support of, Shay was beautiful. Thankfully, nothing will ever change that wonderful dorkiness of his.

So, yeah, I think it was right for them to leave.

Dave. What can one say? He has been amazing! Remembering back to the first episode, he was definitely someone I didn't care for at all. The transformation he has gone through so far is nothing short of miraculous--absolutely amazing.

And yet . . .

And yet if it weren't for Jasmine I'd say this team should take the prize right now.

What?!? Did I just blaspheme??

Well, let's see. Jasmine seems to be a genuinely nice and caring (and ditzy!) person. That's pretty much what she started as (and ditzy, too!). That's pretty much what she is right now (plus, y'know, ditzy). I see no real difference in her. Her continued aversion to learning and studying and effort is what continues to hold back this team in my mind. In other words, this team still has growth potential and deserves to stay for now. Notice I didn't say "win"--I'll get to that.

Two words of warning to Dave:
    1. You didn't know it at the time, but eliminating John was the only way you won this challenge. But even if he had you still would have been safer. How you could look Sam in the eye and have him call John&Natalie the biggest threat is beyond me. Now beware of the real shark in the pool.
    2. Sometimes, you get what you wish for. You wanted Jen&William to stay because you came up with the "it didn't sit right" rationalization. Well that's real fine, high-minded thinking (rationalization). Just don't cry if they drag you down or -- *gasp* -- eliminate you!!

Yup, that's what I said: Eliminate you!

I don't like Jen&William as a team, I thought they should have been disposed of last week when Dave caved-in to Sam's demagoguery. William just continues to dig himself a hole. Jen at least came off a bit more sympathetic this week.

But they're here, and we just have to accept and move on.

Given how far they have regressed, this team is clearly the one with the most growth potential from this point forward. If they can become even civil to each other, and -- dare I say it? (dare, dare!) -- perhaps even friendly again(!!), then I'd say that would be the biggest transformation of any team seen so far. On that basis alone I think they would deserve to win over Dave&Jasmine.

Unfortunately, barring another "twist" (oh yippee! um, yeah), the ones who deserve to win are the ones who win. And dammit, that looks like Sam&Nicole.

Nicole is nice. That's about it. She's grown a little more loose and outgoing since the prom ep. but I think she's settling back and allowing Sam to do all the heavy lifting for the team. It's understandable because, hey, it's working! But I do wish she would put more effort into the challenges.

Sam is funny and seems like a personable guy, and I'd drink a brewski or two with him (alright, just one). But he's not someone I'd want to hang around too often. The smoking and the fumes from all that self-tanning spray would knock me back a step or three. But you have to give him props for the work he's been putting in. Too bad it's only about the money for him.

By effort, design, coincidence or accident, his total domination of the beauty challenges has got to be demoralizing to the other beauties. It wouldn't surprise me if they only ever studied half-heartedly because they think Sam is going to win, no matter what they do. (Of course that's not the right attitude to have, but it would be an understandable one.) Because of that I think his presence has been a real hinderence to the other beauty's ability grow. You nailed it, Shay, it's getting old. Real, real old. Boring, too. This is something I hope is never repeated again in BatG.

So, barring YAAT (yet again another twist), I think Sam and Nicole will win.

But, as much as I am amazed by Dave, I've now done a full one-eighty and am rooting for William-the-dick&Jen.

Seriously!

OK, partly just to be contrary

But I'm still 90% serious about it.

FORT Fogey

This show always manages to find a way to have the "right" team win -- unlike a lot of other reality shows (which may be part of the reason I like it so much).

In season 3 (I think it was season 3), when it looked like unlikable Cece might walk away with the money, the producers threw in another twist that totally destroyed her chances.

So... I think whoever wins will be someone a lot of us are rooting for. It could be Sam and Nicole since I think Nicole is pretty likeable. I doubt highly it will be Jen and William. Dave & Jasmine have a good chance of winning too.

(But this doesn't take the pain out of losing Shay and Joshua tonight. I would have liked them in the final two.)

One other thing I forgot earlier -- wasn't Joshua a "horrible" bartender! When he started tossing around the open glasses and the milk, I was just in hysterics!

Shay & Joshua
    I did not like either of them at the beginning of this season, but watching the way they pulled together and supported each other...it makes me a little teary just thinking about it!! And when she picked up that big hairy spider - OMG, I'm not sure I could have brought myself to do that! They are both so sweet. And when he called her by her full name in the closing interview and she was scolding him for it - they are just so darn cute. I am very sad to see them go

William & Jen
    I just cannot stand this team. Even if they pulled it together at this point I don't think they could get me to like them. They are only working at it for the money at this point. I think they are the least deserving of winning and I truely hope they go home next week.

Sam & Nicole
    I don't think Sam winning all of the beauty challenges makes him deserving of the prize - it just means he has an unfair advantage over the rest of the beauties. His acting experience makes him more outgoing and confident than a lot of these girls, and as many have said I just don't think he is as dim as he appears. Nicole seems nice enough. A win for them would definitely be preferable over William and Jen, but still not ideal.

Dave & Jasmine
    I did not like this couple either at the beginning. When he made the comment to her about not wanting her to be his partner I thought he was terrible, and I thought her little baby voice was going to grate on my last nerve. However, I could not have been more wrong! They have really pulled it together. He looks better than he did at the beginning and is taking Jasmine's advice and doing really well in the geek challenges. She may not like studying, but I do think she can do better than she thinks. Given just how scared she was of those creepy-crawlies, she got big points with me for sucking it up and getting at least some of them moved. They both seem genuinely delighted at each others successes, and I think they would be an ideal team to win it all!! GO Dave and Jasmine!!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 11-14-2007 at 10:25 AM. Reason: typo

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727;2666807;
    This show always manages to find a way to have the "right" team win -- unlike a lot of other reality shows (which may be part of the reason I like it so much)."
    That only happened for season 3. In 2, both teams were likeable and could have been called the "right" team to win, and it came down to one question in 10. I'm sure there will be another twist (yet again), but I doubt it will be anything like last season's. Whatever they come up with, it can't look too much like doctoring the result, which would put a worse taint on things than Sam's-he's-a-club-promoter-NOT-an-actor presence.

In season 3 (I think it was season 3), when it looked like unlikable Cece might walk away with the money, the producers threw in another twist that totally destroyed her chances.
    The thing is, to have arranged for everyone to come back (or stick around) would have taken a lot of pre-planning. It's not something they could have introduced in the last week just because they knew it would hurt the show's ratings if CC won. Instead I'd say the producers got lucky.

So... I think whoever wins will be someone a lot of us are rooting for. It could be Sam and Nicole since I think Nicole is pretty likeable. I doubt highly it will be Jen and William. Dave & Jasmine have a good chance of winning too.
    This could very easily be a Jen&William vs. Sam&Nicole in the final two.

Dave&Jasmine need to win the next challenge. I don't think they stand a chance against either of the other two if they use the ER again.

Next week has what appears to be a pretty rugged three-legged race as part of the challenge. In match-ups, I think Dave&Jasmine are at the bottom. I'd pick Jen over Sam any day. Yeah, he's got muscles, but how's his endurance? Jen is a top athlete in a sport -- crew -- where endurance is paramount. And I'd pick both over Jasmine. The geeks are more even, but Dave's weight may start to have an effect on the hills. William&Jen also might have an advantage because their strides match more closely with their equal heights.

Dave&Jasmine really have their work cut out for them!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast