+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Couples Do You Like/Dislike the Most?

FORT Regular

Re: Which Couples Do You Like/Dislike the Most?

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;2630781;
    I so agree with you! I'm disappointed in Jen and William, and unlike most, I don't think it's all William's fault.
    Neither do I. I suspect it's an incompatibility of personalities they were unable (or unwilling?) to overcome, something that may have been building for quite awhile now. Unfortunately they've reached the point where they are incapable of starting over, or gaining anything positive from a longer stay, and need to be kicked out. Kick them out before they poison the remaining couples (people will pick sides).

With the superhero challenge, she KNEW he was a comic-book expert and was excited about it? Couldn't she have SUGGESTED the boob idea to him and gently asked what he thought, or did he think she should try something else?
    Jen says William just "shot down" all her ideas, but we never saw how it occured. Was the boob idea first? Or last? Could he have suggested some ideas that she shot down? It's possible. There's too much we simply don't know about what led up to their fight.

Up to about the point of the makeovers they seemed to get along at least tolerably well, if not actually close. Jen was not dismissive of William, and William cheered for Jen on at least two or three occasions I can think of right off the bat.

I was also disappointed in her reaction to his makeover. Maybe he didn't change a lot, but she didn't need to act so bummed about it.
    Absolutely agreed. Unsurprisingly, William hardly changed a bit. There simply is nothing to work with on William, and anyone--including Jen--who expected different needs to open their eyes. This is the first visible time a rift seems to have occurred.

Joshua didn't come out much different either, but look at the difference in reactions from their partners! OK, I think Shay was a little (or a lot!) over-the-top, but even still, she clearly likes and appreciates Joshua.

As an aside, if you think back on all the "amazing" transformations in any of the seasons, you'll see it's always, without exception, the guys with lots of hair. Perhaps a beard or goatee might be the one thing that helps William, but there's obviously no time for that.

Now my favorites are Jasmine and Dave. But there are quite a few I like, even Sam and Nicole. I'm not crazy about the way they're showing Nicole. As others have posted she seems humorless, and there doesn't seem to be ANY affection between the two of them. Dave has really strived to come along, and Jasmine has been portrayed as flaky, but she seems a real sweetheart. She's been complimentary and encouraging to the others. I'd like to see them take it all!
    I'm beginning to like them more. Not a whole lot, but more than before. I need to see Jasmine get over the extreme intellectual laziness she's shown so far. For example, she only likes to read books with lots of pictures, or she doesn't want to be asked the hard questions (name the seven continents, etc.) I don't mean she has to become a genius, but that she gain the view learning is something interesting, fun and worthwhile, and that she can at least try.

But I wouldn't mind Shay and Joshua either!

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I like Sam because he does work hard and tries. Nicole seems okay as well.

The geek that ended up really hot (prom king) is at the top of my list.

I like Shay and Erin, but I can't remember for the life of me who their partners are.

I don't like the bickersons and Jasmine and her partner. If either of them win, I mahy barf.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Fogey

I can't stand Jen and William, for the same reasons others stated above.

My favorites are turning out to be Jasmine and Dave, Shay & Joshua, and Sam and Nicole. Intellectually, I think Jasmine is as dumb as they get but she seems to try hard and she seems to have great people skills. Sam seems like a ringer in the intellect department: He's just not that dumb. Shay and Joshua seem to be trying really really hard. Dave has had to work hard to overcome his dislike of Jasmine as a partner so I give him kudos for that. Nicole just seems like a really sweet girl.

In the "midterm show," I thought it was hysterical that Natalie said something to Erin like "Thank you for doing my hair" when it was Erin's turn to leave the house.

I really like Jasmine and Dave. Jasmine may appear to be dumber than a box of rocks, but she seems to ask a lot of questions and truly interested in what is being said/ explained to her (like when Dave was talking to her about "lobbying". I'm starting to like Dave more. At first he was too pompous and arrogant, but now a bit more relaxed and not as up tight.

I like Shay and Joshua. They kinda remind me of my ex and I. :oP If Jasmine and Dave don't win then I hope that these two do.

I use to like Natalie and John, but there is something I don't like about her. She seems too "into herself" (would not be surprised if she blew herself kisses in the mirror) I think I started disliking her when she said goodbye to Erin, she "sounded" like she was crying but there were no tears. John I could probably be friends with, seems to have a good sense of humor

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by abachelor;2650193;
    I really like Jasmine and Dave. Jasmine may appear to be dumber than a box of rocks, but she seems to ask a lot of questions and truly interested in what is being said/ explained to her (like when Dave was talking to her about "lobbying". I'm starting to like Dave more. At first he was too pompous and arrogant, but now a bit more relaxed and not as up tight.

I like Shay and Joshua. They kinda remind me of my ex and I. :oP If Jasmine and Dave don't win then I hope that these two do.

I use to like Natalie and John, but there is something I don't like about her. She seems too "into herself" (would not be surprised if she blew herself kisses in the mirror) I think I started disliking her when she said goodbye to Erin, she "sounded" like she was crying but there were no tears. John I could probably be friends with, seems to have a good sense of humor
    You know, it's funny -- but since this show is supposed to be all about "transforming yourself" -- maybe Dave and Jasmine should be winners? They have transformed in a lot of ways. Dave was more pompous in the beginning but now he seems to be more down to earth, at least with Jasmine. But has she really tried to change? Ehh, I still like them. To me, they are the real "odd couple."

They haven't shown us much Shay & Joshua yet. From watching them work on the "workout routine" I have the feeling they are taking this whole show seriously and are trying to help each other. Maybe they don't show enough conflict and they aren't viewed by the other teams as enough threat yet? Maybe they'll be shown in better detail later? I like both of them so far.

I like Nicole and Sam better than Natalie and John. Natalie and John seem pretty normal. I thought it was interesting that so many geeks had crushes on Nicole, but I guess that is what happens in geek world. Nicole seems like a very nice person.

I wouldn't be upset if Jen and William left next.

The show is supposed to be about transforming yourself, so I think Jen and William should depart next. I don't really see much difference in Natalie and John, so maybe they should leave after the next couple?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by abachelor;2650193;
    I really like Jasmine and Dave. Jasmine may appear to be dumber than a box of rocks, but she seems to ask a lot of questions and truly interested in what is being said/ explained to her (like when Dave was talking to her about "lobbying".
    Except when she isn't. Do you recall a scene where she and Dave are going over some geographic information, and he asks her the names of the seven continents? Her reply was, "That's too hard! Ask me something I know." There's still too much of that trait showing through for me to agree she has transformed much.

I'm starting to like Dave more. At first he was too pompous and arrogant, but now a bit more relaxed and not as up tight.
    I didn't like the way Joshua called him out (for me it was too presumptous of Joshua to think he's in a position to make those kinds of judgments) but it certainly did have an eye-opening effect.

In terms of which team has transformed the most, I agree. But they're not the team I like the most.

I use to like Natalie and John, but there is something I don't like about her. She seems too "into herself" (would not be surprised if she blew herself kisses in the mirror) I think I started disliking her when she said goodbye to Erin, she "sounded" like she was crying but there were no tears.
    I partially agree with you. She seems nice enough, but there doesn't seem to be much more. She hasn't done well in any of the challenges (although I thought her "Vinity" idea was the best concept of all, and she and John should have won that challenge). There's also a certain vindictiveness about her that's a bit unattractive. It's understandable, they're the only team which has been to the elimination room twice, and Sam&Nicole put them there both times!, but it's still unappealing.

Furthermore, her plan to "distract" Sam? Does it appear to have anything to do with being clever or thoughtful, or even an effort to try harder to win challenges? No, it's about her using her attractiveness to play him, i.e. using her looks to get by in life...pretty much like the stereo-typical beauty at the beginning of the show. I'll wait to see how it plays out before I actively think she should leave, but it's not a good sign of transformation. (On the flip side, if Sam is dumb enough to actually falls for something like that...)

John I could probably be friends with, seems to have a good sense of humor
    He's from Maryland, so of course he's a good guy! All of us Marylanders are!

Jasmine and Dave have really grown on me. And by the preview for tonight, it looks like she gives him a big (not sexy) kiss and he just smiles.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Its really time for Sam and Nicole to go or Jen and William. It was very unfair that Natalie, and John had to go, because i think they could have won the whole thing. They were definetly the the toughest competition to get rid of Sam and Nicole. I really hope the final two are Shay and Joshua and Jas and Dave.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

At this point, Dave and Jazz are my favorite team. Joshua and Shay are my second favorite. I hope these are the 2 teams in the finale.

Joshua's dancing cracks me up. You can really tell that Shay is proud of him though.

It's the same thing with Dave and Jazz. You can tell by the look in her eye and the way she talks to Dave that she has a good heart and is proud of him.
    Wake up and be awesome

Do I remember correctly? The eliminated teams vote which of the two final teams wins the prize? If that's the case, Sam and Nicole's faint and only hope to win is against William and Jen. I truly hope it doesn't come down to that because they are my least favourite pair of teams, and I hate to say it, but in all honesty William and Jen edge out Sam and Nicole by hair for absolutely least favourite.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast