+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Couples Do You Like/Dislike the Most?

FORT Newbie

Re: Which Couples Do You Like/Dislike the Most?

um krom, perhaps you need to "whoosah" seem awfully passionate about this..but my fav team is shay and josh / least fav dont have one yet...

My favorite couple from the beginning was always Sam and Nicole. I have always said from the first season they should switch genders but my idea was for all teams to be switched instead of just one. It certainly added some drama doing just the one. I still love them. Sam is annoying but he's much better now that Rebecca is gone. I love Nicole because she reminds me of myself. I too am a girl geek. I'm a little more outgoing and bubbly than her, though. I was liking Dave and Jasmine before but after last night I like them even more. She is so sweet and adorable and I love that the comic book guys saw that and gave her props. Dave has really changed his attitude about her from the beginning and I think it's sweet the way they interact with each other. I also think his makeover is the most amazing of all the guys. I suspected that he was cute under all that hair but I didn't think that he would be sooooo cute as he is. Those dimples!!!!!!!

my favs are Joshua and Shay, Erin and Jesse and Jasmin and Dave
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;2627238;
    I have always said from the first season they should switch genders but my idea was for all teams to be switched instead of just one.
    This will never, ever work. And the reason is empathy (or lack thereof). You can call it sexist of me, but a group of male "beauties" is not going to have the empathy needed to get past initial first impressions. More likely they'll just sit around the pool thinking of ways to play jokes on the girls.

I was liking Dave and Jasmine before but after last night I like them even more. She is so sweet and adorable and I love that the comic book guys saw that and gave her props. Dave has really changed his attitude about her from the beginning and I think it's sweet the way they interact with each other.
    I don't like Dave as much as some of the others, but I have to agree he (and Jasmine) have turned a corner with respect towards, and for, each other. Despite her shortcomings in book knowledge, I think Dave has now learned to appreciate other good qualities Jasmine has. This team is arguably the winner based on which team has learned/changed the most. Quite a stark contrast to William&Jen.

I dislike Sam and Nicole, and unfortunately, Sam's professional experience is going to make it difficult for him to lose.

Getting him off the show is like trying to clean up the ocean after Exxon Valdez. A professional on a show with other amateurs is illegal pollution!

Ugh. Stupid!

Also, apparenly Nicole was able to shake off any interest she may have had in John in favor of winning the cash!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by BudBarclay;2628918;
    Also, apparenly Nicole was able to shake off any interest she may have had in John in favor of winning the cash!
    Perhaps hell hath no fury like...

With respect to Sam and Nicole, much to my surprise I find myself preferring him. He's not nearly as bad as I thought he'd be, but she has turned out (or so editing would have it) to be sour, spiteful and humourless. And humourless is absolutely my least favourite personality trait (I can handle sour and spiteful if there is at least a hint of a sense of humour, but that is very, very rare.)
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2629083;
    With respect to Sam and Nicole, much to my surprise I find myself preferring him. He's not nearly as bad as I thought he'd be, but she has turned out (or so editing would have it) to be sour, spiteful and humourless. And humourless is absolutely my least favourite personality trait (I can handle sour and spiteful if there is at least a hint of a sense of humour, but that is very, very rare.)
    To some degree I agree with you about Sam. I think a lot of his supposedly conceited statements are really just him poking fun at himself; that he can laugh at himself.

This also probably explains why I dislike Jen so much. No doubt William is being a jerk, unwilling to appreciate anything Jen might offer, and deserves to be slapped around. And maybe he's been that way all along, I don't know. But she has seemed such a humorless, sour person, even apart from William, that I find it hard to care about her.

As good as this season generally is for me, I can't help thinking how much better it would have been had Jen&William been eliminated in the first round instead of Amanda&Tony. It would have been nice to see if, over the course of weeks, she could have brought him out of his shell.

Quote Originally Posted by francis e;2629127;
    This also probably explains why I dislike Jen so much. No doubt William is being a jerk, unwilling to appreciate anything Jen might offer, and deserves to be slapped around. And maybe he's been that way all along, I don't know. But she has seemed such a humorless, sour person, even apart from William, that I find it hard to care about her.
    Oh, totally agree. Going back to the original intent of this thread, I can now pick a favourite and a least favourite team. Favourite is John and Natalie, least favourite combination, by far, William and Jen. She's been my least favourite individual from the git-go, but he has shown himself to be her unpleasant, condescending equal. Though all in all, it really is a pleasure to watch a show where there are so few people to actively dislike - a true rarity in the world of reality entertainment.

Just went back to my earliest post in this thread - my unease with Dave has dissipated quite a bit. He appears to be more uneasy than condescending, which was my original take on him, based primarily on his attitude towards ending up with Jasmine as a partner. However, I think he's learning to appreciate aspects of Jasmine that have nothing to do with intellect and that is really a big step for an intellectual snob.
    Last edited by Rattus; 10-25-2007 at 12:41 PM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by francis e;2629127;
    As good as this season generally is for me, I can't help thinking how much better it would have been had Jen&William been eliminated in the first round instead of Amanda&Tony. It would have been nice to see if, over the course of weeks, she could have brought him out of his shell.

I so agree with you! I'm disappointed in Jen and William, and unlike most, I don't think it's all William's fault. With the superhero challenge, she KNEW he was a comic-book expert and was excited about it? Couldn't she have SUGGESTED the boob idea to him and gently asked what he thought, or did he think she should try something else? I was also disappointed in her reaction to his makeover. Maybe he didn't change a lot, but she didn't need to act so bummed about it.

Now my favorites are Jasmine and Dave. But there are quite a few I like, even Sam and Nicole. I'm not crazy about the way they're showing Nicole. As others have posted she seems humorless, and there doesn't seem to be ANY affection between the two of them. Dave has really strived to come along, and Jasmine has been portrayed as flaky, but she seems a real sweetheart. She's been complimentary and encouraging to the others. I'd like to see them take it all! But I wouldn't mind Shay and Joshua either!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast