+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beauty and the Geek 10/2 Recap: Anatomy of a Geek

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Beauty and the Geek 10/2 Recap: Anatomy of a Geek

Welcome to Week 3 of Beauty and the Geek! Last week found us saying goodbye to adorable Tony and his beauty, Amanda. We were also introduced to this season’s twist, a male beauty/toolbag named Sam and female geek named Nicole. I’m crossing my fingers that Sam and Nicole are eliminated this week. If I have to watch Sam kiss his muscles one more time, I seriously might sneak some laxatives into his protein shake.

Chicka Chicka Bow Wow

Tonight’s show begins with an excited John and Natalie sneaking up the stairs to surprise all of their housemates with the news that they didn’t get eliminated. Everyone screams and cheers with excitement. It’s time to bust out some champagne! The guys and gals are having a great time drinking and chatting. Hollie asks Will what kind of anime he brought with him. Hollie knows what anime is? Rock on, geek in disguise! Both Will and Dave are impressed that Hollie likes to watch SeaLab. Dave is wearing one of his LARP costumes. Come on Dave. How many times do I have to tell you that LARPing isn’t something you should do past the age of 12?

Sam, always one to add a worthwhile completely ridiculous comment, says that the geeks have so much experience with knowledge and he has all the experience with girls, girls, girls, and girls. Look mommy, I can count to four!! Sam starts up a game of Truth or Dare. Rebecca is dared to give John a little “booty dance” as he calls it. She shakes her groove thing and John comments that he felt awkward. One day, John will grow up to find out that the “awkward” feeling really was something else. Sam thinks Rebecca is hot. Rebecca dares Sam to take off his shirt and give a male stripper dance to Nicole. Nicole has issues with personal space so she immediately feels uncomfortable. One of the beauties sees this and asks Sam to do the dance for the beauties instead of Nicole. He says he will do the dance for Rebecca. Rebecca thinks he is rugged. He does his little man-meat-mating-call-dance and then sends a “truth” Nicole’s way. He asks her if she is attracted to any men in the house. She says yes but won’t name names. She comments she likes alpha nerds. Dave tells us that he is attracted to Nicole. A montage of funny clips ensues. Jasmine stands on her head, geeks shake their bums, Sam falls down the stairs, etc. Oh wait, scratch that last one, just wishful thinking. Everyone notices the continuing flirtations between Rebecca and Sam, so Hollie and William dare them to make out. Rebecca and Sam head into a room where Rebecca turns out the lights. Sam comments that every day, Rebecca becomes hotter. She is smart, and the head on her shoulders is attractive. They make out and grope each other. Rebecca tells us that they are even the same zodiac sign. I didn’t realize that “idiot” was a zodiac sign.

Nothing Says Love Like Stickers and Unicorns

Everyone gathers in the Study for the announcement of the challenges. The girls are going to “bone up” on anatomy. Mike just keeps the one liners coming this season! The geeks are going to learn about courtship and finding the formula for romance. The beauties have study materials, but the geeks are going on a little field trip to get some hands on experience. The beauties dish on Rebecca and Sam. Hollie is bummed out because Rebecca spends all of her time with Sam. Natalie thinks Rebecca is acting differently. One of the beauties comments, “You hear birds chirping around her, and condoms breaking around him.” Classy, ladies.

The geeks head to the farmer’s market. Each geek gets $100 to put together a romantic gift basket. The beauties will judge the gift baskets, but they won’t know whose is whose. Dave says he is pretty bad at buying gifts for women because he has no idea what women want. Does this mean he realizes that women don’t find LARPing attractive? The geeks run around the farmer’s market like mad men (and woman). Jesse finds some stickers and decides that girls like stickers and unicorns. He finds a pink hat and decides that girls like hats and pink. Joshua tries to buy some cinnamon buns quickly, but the man behind the counter keeps talking and singing. He gets a little impatient. Will’s basket has a fall harvest theme.

We check in with the beauties who are ready to judge the baskets. They read the cards and look through all of the items. Erin loves Jesse’s basket which is filled with ponies and pink and unicorns. Shay likes Will’s harvest basket. They all make fun of Joshua’s basket which has a nasty looking pie in the middle. After the beauties are finished browsing the baskets, the geeks file in and stand behind their baskets. The top 2 baskets belong to Will and Jesse. The geek with the best basket is… Will! Will wins his second challenge in a row. Will and Rebecca are safe from elimination again this week.

Who Wants To Play Doctor?

After the geeks’ challenge, everyone is relaxing, and we find Will reading Edgar Allen Poe for everyone. Jen thinks he is starting to become conceited. As Will reads the Tell-Tale Heart, we get clips of some hot and heavy Rebecca/Sam action. It appears that they are bumpin’ uglies while standing up against the bunk beds. Excuse me while I vomit.

Study time in the house begins again. The geeks put on full body suits to show where the organs are located. They call the beauties downstairs to model their spandex anatomy suits. The beauties all laugh and cheer. Everyone splits up to study. Hollie is confused why the intestine that winds all around is called the small intestine. Josh tells her it has to do with diameter. She says she doesn’t know what the hell a diameter is, and then they both laugh. Hollie tells us that they’ve earned the nickname of “the old married couple” in the house since she is always yelling at him. I love Hollie and Josh! They are so adorable.

It’s time for the beauties’ challenge! Their task is to locate and draw the internal organs of a human body. The judge for this challenge is Dr. Robert Trelease, a professor of anatomy. The geeks serve as the volunteer patients. They are standing in white boxers (Nicole is in a white tank top and shorts), and the girls will use finger paints to locate and draw whatever body part Mike tells them.

First part, the heart. Dr. Trelease gives everyone a passing grade. Next part, the left earlobe. Sam paints Nicole’s right earlobe, so he is eliminated. Shay paints Joshua’s right earlobe as well, so she is eliminated. Erin painted Jesse’s entire left ear, so she is eliminated as well. Third part, appendix. Katie paints the appendix on the wrong side of Luke, so she is eliminated. Holly and Natalie drew the appendix too low, so they were both eliminated. Jasmine painted randomly all over Dave’s belly, so needless to say, she was eliminated. I’m really glad these girls will end up being doctors’ wives, not doctors. The only 2 beauties left are Rebecca and Jen. Fourth part, nasal septum. Jen paints William’s neck, so she is eliminated. The winner of the challenge is… Rebecca! Since her partner Will won the romance challenge earlier, they get to pick both teams that will go to the elimination room. It looks like Will and Rebecca are shaping up to be quite the powerhouse team.

King Will, Thy Task Awaits Thee

Back at the house, the couples are feeling an impending sense of doom. Rebecca and Will discuss the best way to send 2 teams to the elimination room without having a team mad at them. Rebecca tells Will he needs to stop the power trip stuff. She says that people have asked her to talk to him because they think the power is going to his head. He says that’s the last thing that’s been happening. She tells him she thought the story time thing was a little bit over the top. She wants him to be humble. She says she needs to work on her distraction, Sam. She makes out with Sam constantly and lets him put his hands all over her, yet he is labeled as her “distraction”. What a seriously romantic couple those two make!

The teams file down the stairs as Rebecca and Will take their places up front. Rebecca chooses Hollie and Josh to go to the elimination room because she thinks that Hollie is already geeky, witty, and smart, and Josh is already charming and attractive. Rebecca thinks they don’t need much more improvement. Hollie begins to cry. Will chooses Jesse and Erin because he thinks that they are strong competitors and they don’t interact much with others. Erin is completely shocked and begins to cry. She says she feels like she has been interacting with everyone. She calls Will a hypocrite. The questions in the elimination room will be based on anatomy for the beauties, and courtship/romance for the geeks. Will is worried that he is making enemies. The beauties help each other study and so do the geeks. Hollie comments that if she would have slept with Rebecca, maybe she would be able to stay in the house. ZING!

Nothing Says “Happy Anniversary” Like a Leather Whip

Erin/Jesse and Hollie/Josh take their places in the elimination room. Mike explains that each person will be given a series of questions and the team with the most right wins. The ladies will go first.

Erin’s question: Rounded to the nearest pound, how much does your brain weigh?
    Erin’s response: 3 pounds
    AshleyPSU’s reponse: 3 ounces (Hey, we are talking about Erin here!)
    CORRECT!
    Score: Erin/Jesse 1 – Hollie/Josh 0

Hollie’s question: If a typical person has 1 spleen removed, how many are left?
    Hollie’s response: None
    CORRECT!
    Score: Erin/Jesse 1 – Hollie/Josh 1

Erin’s question: If you stuck a phalange far up your nasal cavity, which bad habit would you be guilty of?
    Erin’s response: Picking your nose
    CORRECT!
    Score: Erin/Jesse 2 – Hollie/Josh 1

Hollie’s question: What is a man’s largest organ?
    Hollie’s response: The skin
    AshleyPSU’s response: *insert inappropriate joke here*
    CORRECT!
    Score: Erin/Jesse 2 – Hollie/Josh 2

Time for the geeks!

Jesse’s question: Which of these typical spa gift basket items was once alive? Pumice stone, loofah, or traditional Chinese health balls?
    Jesse’s response: Loofah
    CORRECT!
    Score: Erin/Jesse 3 – Hollie/Josh 2

Josh’s question: If a woman gives you yellow roses, what kind of relationship is she looking for?
    Josh’s response: I believe yellow roses indicate friendship.
    CORRECT!
    Score: Erin/Jesse 3 – Hollie/Josh 3

Jesse’s question: In the wonderful world of online dating, what does the acronym DDF most commonly stand for?
    Jesse’s response: Drug and Disease Free
    AshleyPSU’s response: I don’t care what DDF means, as long as we aren’t talking about LARPing!!
    CORRECT!
    Score: Erin/Jesse 4 – Hollie/Josh 3

Final question goes to Josh: For which wedding anniversary would a leather whip be an appropriate gift?
    Josh’s response: 4th anniversary
    AshleyPSU’s response: What? A leather whip? What kind of anniversary gift is that?
    INCORRECT! (The correct answer was 9th anniversary)
    Final Score: Erin/Jesse 4 – Hollie/Josh 3

Hollie and Josh are eliminated. Darn. My 2 favorite teams were eliminated in the first 2 weeks. Hollie wants everyone to know that geeks are the most wonderful people on the face of the planet. She says they are the sweetest, smartest, and have the most to offer throughout life. Josh never thought of beautiful people as being stupid, but Hollie really surprised him with how smart she was. Hollie says she feels like a different person. They hug and she cries. Urgh. How many more episodes do I have to sit through this season? It seems like every time I root for someone, they are eliminated. On that note, GO SAM!!!

Previews for next week: America voted for their 2 favorite all time challenges and those will be the ones the teams compete in next week. Shay makes fun of Joshua. Sam and Rebecca are shown in bed together. Nicole is crying and says her worst fears are coming true. My worst fears are coming true too, Nicole: I have to sit through the show the rest of the season!
    Last edited by AshleyPSU; 10-03-2007 at 08:00 PM.
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: Beauty and the Geek 10/2 Recap: Anatomy of a Geek

I know I've mentioned this before, but I love this little show, and the main reason is reading your snarky take on it, Ashley. I can't stand Sam either, so I especially enjoy your kick-ass jabs at him.
    If I have to watch Sam kiss his muscles one more time, I seriously might sneak some laxatives into his protein shake.
    Yes, please.

Rock on, geek in disguise!

Look mommy, I can count to four!!

One day, John will grow up to find out that the “awkward” feeling really was something else.

Oh wait, scratch that last one, just wishful thinking.

I didn’t realize that “idiot” was a zodiac sign.

It appears that they are bumpin’ uglies while standing up against the bunk beds. Excuse me while I vomit.

Hollie comments that if she would have slept with Rebecca, maybe she would be able to stay in the house. ZING!

Nothing Says “Happy Anniversary” Like a Leather Whip

It seems like every time I root for someone, they are eliminated. On that note, GO SAM!!!

My worst fears are coming true too, Nicole: I have to sit through the show the rest of the season!
    On a selfish note, I'm happy I've got your recaps to look forward to week after week, so I appreciate you taking one for the team.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Fan

I only watch the show to better appreciate your recaps.

Keep those recaps coming! Don't go changin'

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Rockin' recap, Ash. Thanks.

FORT Newbie

So how funny wouid it be if Dave and Nicole are pulling a Sam and Rebecca by week 5?

FORT Fogey

Thanks for the recap! I totally forgot this show was on so I missed it.

Another fabulous recap, Ashley. I loved the AshleyPSU responses.

If I have to watch Sam kiss his muscles one more time, I seriously might sneak some laxatives into his protein shake.

One day, John will grow up to find out that the “awkward” feeling really was something else.

I didn’t realize that “idiot” was a zodiac sign.

Dave says he is pretty bad at buying gifts for women because he has no idea what women want. Does this mean he realizes that women don’t find LARPing attractive?

Who Wants To Play Doctor?

I’m really glad these girls will end up being doctors’ wives, not doctors.

AshleyPSU’s response: *insert inappropriate joke here*

AshleyPSU’s response: I don’t care what DDF means, as long as we aren’t talking about LARPing!!

AshleyPSU’s response: What? A leather whip? What kind of anniversary gift is that?

Urgh. How many more episodes do I have to sit through this season? It seems like every time I root for someone, they are eliminated. On that note, GO SAM!!!

FORT Newbie

is there any way i can download the episodes i missed, i missed the 2nd and 3rd

i know on the website i can stream it, problem is my laptop overheats and slows down and it just becomes choppy and unbearable within the first 15 minutes

+ Reply to Thread