+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 9/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I'm glad this show is back. Up until now, I didn't have a reality TV show to watch this summer.

This is a really fun show!

The beauty who said we won the civil war -- did she make it on the show?

Sam looks really really familiar and I just can't place what I've seen him in. But I swear he's an actor. I'm probably wrong and he just looks like someone else.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

I'm just watching the show now and I've been chuckling since the beginning.

Oh - and you know when he asked once of the girls to name a word that rhymes with orange? It was a trick question because NOTHING rhymes with orange.

Judging from some of the auditions, I wasn't sure I was going to like the majority of the contestants since I pretty much hated all the auditions. But then they got into the house and they were all rather sweet and funny, even Jasmine whom I was prepared to hate. This is a great cast and I can't wait to see how it all develops.

So glad this show is back on, the summer reality shows have been mostly a dud for me and just yay that the fall shows are back.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2578260;
    Sam looks really really familiar and I just can't place what I've seen him in. But I swear he's an actor. I'm probably wrong and he just looks like someone else.
    he is an actor, sam horrod? it makes me wonder if he is on the show for some fake make out scenes. this "twist" is a big disappointment

Nice to see Jennylee and Nate again. Does anyone know if they are still going out/just friends/or just got together for the auditions?

FORT Fogey

I watched for about 40 mins then got pulled away and didnt tivo it. I got the impression that Nate and Jenny were not together. Their body language said it all. It would have been fun to know how long their "relationship" lasted after the show. It sure seemed like they were going to get together and give it a try, at least.

I missed the 2nd hour because of BB8, but I found a repeat which I've set up to tape - Thurs @ 8PM (I don't know if this is the local CW or national). I was hooked in the first hour - the auditions were hysterical and it was fun to see Nate and JennyLee again. I haven't been in the thread to read the bios yet, but when I saw Josh, I did a double-take. Is he really Richard in disguise...without the whiny voice and neuroses?

I also caught the last minute and agree that the "hunk", besides being dumber than a pile of rocks, is not a beauty. Actually the "geek" girl is kind of cute. It will be interesting to see if she and another geek hook up. Though it does make me wonder if both aren't actors, because otherwise how would they go with the flow of their roles.

This will be fun to watch - I always say, "this is stupid and demeaning and I won't watch," but I always do.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

I am rooting for Hollie and Josh.

Hollie - cute betty boop, and smart. She was able to figure out the riddles during the psychotherapy test (reading between lines, tri-cycles, etc.)

Josh - hot! hot! hot! but chest/back hair has got to go

Hey. For starters I would like to just say, I have been watching this show almost religiously since the first season aired. I even stop what I am doing (usually video games) to change the channel so I can watch it, even if it is a rerun. I sincerely feel and can sadly enough relate with all of the geeks from season 1 to season 4 in one big way or another. And I regret, every time, seeing a smart girl with a lot of heart get kicked off by some less-than human girl (like Andrea and Sheree from season 3) that is completely superficial (like Cecilia).
    Lets just all cross our fingers and hope that this season will get rid of any flakes like her, if there are any, within the next few eliminations...

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2578260;
    Yeah he is an actor. Here is some info about him.
    ->wikipedia -> beauty and the geek -> season 4 -
    [sorry i am new to this forum so i am restricted from linking]
    (I really am not liking this guy already... for one, he makes me feel inadequate. Two: I'm worried he will steal (in terms of a relationship) a beauty from a geek. That'd be pretty harsh since that chick might have taught her nerd a thing or two about women and\or relationships. -If that made any sense.)

As for the rest of the cast, I am .... amazingly pleased at how well they seemed to have picked the cast. All the women, in my view, seem to be real enough to not aim at the money (maybe except for the pageant girl, but I saw some personality in her, so she might relax and "take part in the experiment"). Even the burnet with the huge racks (Amanda?) seems to have some heart and didn’t seem all that superficial (i am comparing her to Cicilia from Season 3 again)…
    As for the nerds… A job well done, producers! These ones seem to somehow be more nerdy than the ones from the previous seasons. The only one I am confused about was that guy that as a bio had only “Lives with his parents”… I don’t see how that could have won him that spot… Heck! I live with my parents, why can’t I get nominated for this show?!

Another thing I want to add was the spectacular montage at the end of the show. From it I picked up a few things (of course some of these are thoughts of mine and not fact)…
    The girls really start to dig the beautiful guy (…grumble, grumble, grumble…);
    reason: because they all started to blush and giggle and get all excited when he got in front of them with only a man-thong and starts to dance. -Like a guy from a bacheloret party or something. Also the montage shows a few couples kissing. One was of Sam and one of the blond beauties kissing passionately on the side of the pool at night time. Another was of a one of the groups making out while slow dancing at what looked to be a homecoming dance. The other was to fast for me to remember.

-This montage got my heart beating fast. This season, minus the fact that the Sam guy will continue to stay for at least a few more episodes, looks amazing! There might be multiple relationships within the house, and the girls seem to be actually intending on learning from this show. Being a part of this show would only be a dream of mine; meeting amazingly hot women… a few that actually have personalities that are hotter then their smiles, to be able to work as a team and learn to better yourself along with others… so I really hope these men take a lot from their next few weeks.

And,I really hope this show doesn’t ever stop and stays true to what they are trying to do in the first place. And i appologize for being such a dork and writing so much.

Beauty ... geek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 09-19-2007 at 03:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast