+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Entertainment Weekly: New Twist for Kutcher's 'Geek'

Entertainment Weekly: New Twist for Kutcher's 'Geek'

New Twist for Kutcher's 'Geek'

A female geek and a male beauty will be tossed into the pool of mismatched participants on this fall's new season of ''Beauty and the Geek''

By Jennifer Armstrong

Yes, it's true: Boys can be beauties and girls can be geeks. And we'll see one of each infiltrating the contestant ranks when Beauty and the Geek returns for its fourth season this fall.

The CW reality hit's co-creators/exec producers Jason Goldberg and Ashton Kutcher have toyed with the idea of a gender reversal since season 1 and decided it was time to test the concept within their proven format this time around. They're keeping mum on whether Mr. Gorgeous (a promoter) and Ms. Geek (a concert pianist with a genius IQ) will be paired together for the tasks that test boy-girl duos' abilities to work together despite massive differences in social aptitude and intelligence. But they will say that mixing things up definitely caused the kind of mayhem perfect for our viewing pleasure.

''When the girl walked in, the beauties were so confused they thought she was part of production,'' Goldberg says. ''And when the guy walked in, they were like, 'Do we have another host this year?'''

The real question, of course, is whether the ringers find love connections like so many beauties and geeks before them the show has one of the best coupling ratios in the biz, despite not being a dating show. Goldberg didn't specify who gets some action next season, but he does promise, ''Once again, there are hookups left and right.'' One more reason it's officially the season of the geek.

Link

Re: Entertainment Weekly: New Twist for Kutcher's 'Geek'

Hmm. I wonder how they'll work out the couple selections, then. Maybe they're predetermined, or they don't introduce the bizarro world couple until after everyone else has already done their choosing.

I wonder why one couple for the twist but then again if there were more there'd be hook-ups , so far it seems like a good idea
    omg, stunning~*~.

I kind of wish it would have been an entire reversed season. I think that would have been really interesting. I hope they do one soon.

My fear would be that all of the beauties will be "fighting" over the male beauty. I hope it doesn't take their focus off of their assigned geek.

That said, I love this show and I am so glad to see it is back

I just wonder why they blurred the promo pictures--it's not like we won't see the faces during the show!
    On another note--aren't there more couples this year? I don't recall this many in past seasons, but my memory may be bad.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Newbie

Definitely, there's 10 teams this season, season one had 7 teams and seasons two and three had 8 teams each.

+ Reply to Thread