+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Will - Season 4

  1. #1
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Will - Season 4



    Will

    Age: 23

    Occupation: Software Engineer

    Education: University of Pennsylvania (Computer Science Engineering major, History and Sociology of Science minor)

    Hobbies: Filking, reading and spending time online

    In Five Years: "Law. I'm applying for law school."
    "That's Numberwang!"

  2. #2
    YOUUUUUUUUUKKK! GingerLVNV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    American Idol Factory
    Posts
    1,131

    Re: Will - Season 4

    Someone help me, what exactly is filking?

    I feel for Will, I hope he has a winning personality, otherwise he's an early boot.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

  3. #3
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,519

    Re: Will - Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV;2554944;
    Someone help me, what exactly is filking?
    I was wondering the same thing - at first I thought it must be a typo and should be "fishing" or "hiking". Apparently I was wrong and filk is actually a type of music. This appears to be the short answer:

    "Sort of like folk music. It is a mixture of song parodies and original music, humorous and serious, about subjects like science fiction, fantasy, computers, cats, politics, the space program, books, movies, TV shows, love, war, death."

    Apparently it originated at sci-fi conventions, so it is rooted in geek-dom
    I guess "filking" would refer to composing or singing filk music...

  4. #4
    FORT Fogey RomanticHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    821

    Re: Will - Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2557648;
    I was wondering the same thing - at first I thought it must be a typo and should be "fishing" or "hiking". Apparently I was wrong and filk is actually a type of music. This appears to be the short answer:

    "Sort of like folk music. It is a mixture of song parodies and original music, humorous and serious, about subjects like science fiction, fantasy, computers, cats, politics, the space program, books, movies, TV shows, love, war, death."

    Apparently it originated at sci-fi conventions, so it is rooted in geek-dom
    I guess "filking" would refer to composing or singing filk music...
    So, is Nate's band from last season covered under this term?

  5. #5
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,519

    Re: Will - Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;2558073;
    So, is Nate's band from last season covered under this term?
    I actually wondered the same thing!! I was thinking the "rock" vibe of his band might throw him out of the filk genre. The website I was reading made it sound like filk was more folksy, sing-along kind of music.

  6. #6
    FORT Fogey RomanticHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    821

    Re: Will - Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2558772;
    I actually wondered the same thing!! I was thinking the "rock" vibe of his band might throw him out of the filk genre. The website I was reading made it sound like filk was more folksy, sing-along kind of music.
    So what should we call Nates, ClosetRT? Rilk?

  7. #7
    PWS
    PWS is online now
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,076

    Re: Will - Season 4

    So far I see Will and William, Josh and Joshua, and I'm only down to about guy #6. Not good for the brain strain....

  8. #8
    an angry dork!!! Bwinks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    34

    Re: Will - Season 4

    <- that's my giving props to him being the first dork to stand up and introduce himself to the girls. HUGE PROPS.

  9. #9
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    372

    Re: Will - Season 4

    He looks to be about 45.

  10. #10
    FORT Regular synesthesia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    55

    Re: Will - Season 4

    I just rewatched last episode. Oh man can I not stand his voice and the way he speaks. Perhaps it's just because he seemed to narrate EVERYTHING that episode, but I just couldn't take listening to it anymore.

    I'd seriously listen to Dave over and over again than listen to Will.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.