+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David- Season 4

David- Season 4

David

Education: Double major in Physics and Astronomy at Wesleyan University

Hobbies: LARPing (Live-Action Role-Playing), board games and video games

In Five Years: "I don't even know what I'm going to be doing on Friday let alone five years from now."
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: David- Season 4

I...have so much to say...but I can't seem to begin.

I'm trying to imagine him after the makeover, I guess better glasses or no glasses and shaving off that David Letterman hairdo, maybe a more trendy top would make a difference? It's just hard to get past all of those things.

I imagine even the LARP crowd thinks he's geeky
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2550503;
    Hobbies: LARPing (Live-Action Role-Playing)
    I don't know why, but this made me laugh. Maybe it was the fact that they acroynmed it then proceeded to spell it out. Whatever it was, that's an interesting hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2550503;
    David
    Education: Double major in Physics and Astronomy at Wesleyan University
    If he is 28, I would *guess* that he is done with college. So with physics and astronomy degrees, why is he a fire dept administrator? Am I missing something??

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2557638;
    If he is 28, I would *guess* that he is done with college. So with physics and astronomy degrees, why is he a fire dept administrator? Am I missing something??
    Lol, I think you are missing the idea that he (if not someone else) signed him up for this in the first place.
    Him joining this show means he admits he has failed at living a life closer to his fantasy (probably living with a girlfriend or something). I think this might have been a "first step" or something for Dave to start changing his life to something more like he wants. His major points to a bigger and way better occupation that he's got. Lets just hope this experience on this show might help him develope his confidence and fix some of his flaws so that he can quit his job and go for one that is more towards his liking.

Eh, I think this guy's got some potential if he'd loosen up a bit. The LARP thing can be handled (kinda like our Trekkie in BATG3) by a determined Beauty.

I look forward to seeing if he really has any skillz with a sword or if he is a mere peasant squire.

--X
    Dictum ad tua mater.

Everything he says sounds so scripted. Like, he wrote it for himself in his head. Kinda awkward.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bwinks;2578623;
    Lol, I think you are missing the idea that he (if not someone else) signed him up for this in the first place.
    Him joining this show means he admits he has failed at living a life closer to his fantasy (probably living with a girlfriend or something). I think this might have been a "first step" or something for Dave to start changing his life to something more like he wants. His major points to a bigger and way better occupation that he's got. Lets just hope this experience on this show might help him develope his confidence and fix some of his flaws so that he can quit his job and go for one that is more towards his liking.
    Hmmmm. I think you're right.

This guy is living in a fantasy world. Having a hobby is one thing, but this LARPing thing is his life. Wearing that get up to the elimination is indicative of that. And did you notice that Jasmine was wearing a tiara? Dollars to doughnuts says that wasn't her idea. He needs to grow up.

FORT Newbie

I know Dave from college. He was a really good guy. I think its hilarious he's on the show, and he definitely fits the "geek" profile.

LARPing was more commonly called quest, and devotees were called questies. They would run around campus in D&D outfits and go after each other with form swords and foam arrows. Quite the spectator sport actually.

I'm hoping he makes it a few more weeks, because I can't stop laughing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast