+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joshua - Season 4

Joshua - Season 4

Joshua

Occupation: Student. Upon completion of writing a paper on Type 2 Quasars, will receive master's degree

Education: Graduate student (Astrophysics) at Princeton University; Undergrad (Mathematics and Physics) at University of Arizona;

Hobbies: Chess, karaoke and mini-golf

In Five Years: "To have chosen a career path that I both enjoy and which will be productive."
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Joshua - Season 4

Hey, wait a minute!....Those are the same clown like wrist bands Bozo's brother is wearing!

It looks like they took that photo with a "fish bowl" lens...
    (I can't think of the actual lens name, so I am going with the very technical "fish bowl" terminology )

FORT Newbie

Oh my goodness, this guy lived in my dorm at the University of Arizona. He always had a bike helmet with him and looked geekier back then if that is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Erie;2561579;
    Oh my goodness, this guy lived in my dorm at the University of Arizona. He always had a bike helmet with him and looked geekier back then if that is possible.
    Welcome to the Fort, Erie! I hope that you join us to post about the show this season.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2557641;
    (I can't think of the actual lens name, so I am going with the very technical "fish bowl" terminology )
    Close, its 'fisheye'...anyway, I agree the photo looks weird, like he's too close too a wideangle lens.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I kind of think this guy is a little too much geeky, but then i think he actually seems genuine. I don't actually think he is a fake ( like Richard from season 2) but there is something not completely right about him.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2557641;
    Standard photo perspective trick. To enhance the nose, stand close with a 28mm wide angle. To flatter the face, hang back and use a zoom. That's why I pretty much never carry a wide angle lens for family outings - they come out unflattering for all my family members. Better to take a couple of steps back and hit them with a mild 135mm zoom.

--X
    Dictum ad tua mater.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kitkaat;2578822;
    I kind of think this guy is a little too much geeky, but then i think he actually seems genuine. I don't actually think he is a fake ( like Richard from season 2) but there is something not completely right about him.
    he's no fake....I go to grad school with him. In fact he'll probably be dancing at the bar tonight

we had a gathering of over 150 students in the debasement bar here in princeton to watch the first episode and cheer him on. was pretty surreal actually! he's being very good about not letting anyone know what happens, which is great but annoying as I want to know if I can ask to borrow $100k

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

My first impression before I saw the second hour was that he was another Richard. Thank goodness he isn't. He is very funny and I think he really wants to know what a girl wants - or at least how she operates. I bet his Princeton friends were jabbing each other when he was invited into the girls' bed during the slumber party, right drvodka?

From the previews, it appears that we are in for some good times with Joshua.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast