+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Sam - Season 4

FORT Regular

Re: Sam - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by KariAna;2703587;
    Why would being an actor make it unfair for Sam to be on this show?
    In general, I don't have a problem with him being an actor; it's just a job. Anybody, beauty or geek, could have an advantage in any specific challenge due to some skill or vocation they have, e.g. massage, or juggling.

My problem is the judging criteria. Too often the challenges are simply judged by presentation only, rather than considerations of personal growth, teamwork, or learning something new. As an actor, this gives Sam too much of an advantage too much of the time (the superhero challenge is a perfect example of this).

Being male only exacerbates the issue. Frequently, beauty challenges in the past have been subjects that are stereotypically male-oriented (changing a car's tire, building models, etc.) rather than subjects which are intellectually (geek) oriented. Yes, I know any particular girl can do anything a man can do, but I'm talking about general biases, not specific instances.

To add insult to injury, the producers have been deliberately disingenuous in tagging Sam as a "club promoter".

Add it all up and Sam has had a clear-cut, and I think unfair, advantage measured over the sum of the season.

I thought he was quite endearing on the show. He really grew on me toward the end when they went to his hometown. That and Metroman. He's very goofy and I think that's adorable.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm pretty sure you couldn't think he's any more adorable than he thinks he is! Yuck!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

i wanted sam to win!

Yesterday I was watching the 1995 version of Escape To Witch Mountain (don't ask) and all of a sudden he popped onto the screen.... I recognized his face right away, although I couldn't think of where I saw him before. It took me a while until I realized it was sam!
    He didn't look as scary when he was younger and without the orangey tan.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

If anyone is in Sam withdrawl, the movie "Little Giants" is on ABC Family right now. He plays the character of Spike. Oh how I've missed him.
    Wake up and be awesome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567