+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2/14 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2242124;
    The Beauty or the Geek that gets married next week is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I have no idea
    Gave me a good laugh for the day! Clever!
    I love TAR!

FORT Fan
    I don't have much to add, but I was wondering if the idea that the *winners get chosen by their peers* was hatched once the producers realized how hated/mean/worhtless CC was. It was pretty clear early on that she may have a chance to win this thing- and they probably knew how the public would react to it. I wouldn't care one bit if they decided to change up the final elimination that way. I've never been one to think that reality shows change thier plan midway through- but I could totally see it happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;2242286;
    I don't have much to add, but I was wondering if the idea that the *winners get chosen by their peers* was hatched once the producers realized how hated/mean/worhtless CC was. It was pretty clear early on that she may have a chance to win this thing- and they probably knew how the public would react to it. I wouldn't care one bit if they decided to change up the final elimination that way. I've never been one to think that reality shows change thier plan midway through- but I could totally see it happening here.
    I would not be surprised either if the producers did switch up the finale when they discovered CC was headed for winning.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2242176;
    In the clips they showed of the two of them talking, she was more sickening than friendly. If someone talked to me like that I'd be very offended and probably ask outright what was wrong with them.

It was late and I don't think I was clear in my opinion. I don't think CeCe was nice to Mark, I think she was demeaning, as did Andrea. But Mark was deluded enough to believe she liked him. She treated him like she did the dog. I don't think she was respectful of Mark, but he obviously did not feel the same way. I hope he learns to read people better in the future. Seeing the way she treated the dog perhaps she wasn't being as mean-spirited as it seemed to us, but being her true self-absorbed self. I don't think she meant to hurt the dog, and maybe she didn't mean to hurt Mark. It doesn't make her actions any better, but it would make it less nasty. Perhaps Mark felt that she was just playing and that was ok with him.

So glad megan and scooter won...megan started coming out of her shell the past couple of eppys....she was seeing how CC was being and i really liked her and scooter's friendship..u could see her changing how she felt about him.i thought it was funny how she was like..yeah i was deathly afraid of him but now i really love him as a friend speech....she seems really shy and i think she did make a huge change...although still wish my girl nadia woulda won but oh well...

LOVE ME SOME HYSTERICAL SCOOTER.....*thinks back to him losing it after they won* PRICELESS
    Steve and Kayla Fan

Tell your brother Tito I said Hey!!!

I am glad that Scooter and Megan won. I think they, as a team, deserved it the most. Nate definitely deserved to win too, but CC certainly did not.
    I just wonder when the peer vote came into the equation. I dout it was the game plan from the beginning and was decided on after CC made it all the way, which, I'm convinced was because of the producers help. Just glad she didn't win the money.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten1526;2241934;
    My favorite was when Sheree said "It's nice to be in power but it's powerful to be nice."
    thats not exactly what she said...
    i think it was "its nice to be important but its more important to be nice"

Fort Fashion Expert Kirsten1526's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertynyc;2242560;
    thats not exactly what she said...
    i think it was "its nice to be important but its more important to be nice"
    Yes, that's it. I knew it was something like that. But anyway, it was my favorite part.

I don't have much to add, but I was wondering if the idea that the *winners get chosen by their peers* was hatched once the producers realized how hated/mean/worthless CC was.
    If this wasn't the original plan, it should have been. If they really want this to be a social experiment with life changing results, this is the only sensible way to choose the winners, as long as this is explain from the start.

Contestants may try to fake the others out by only pretending to change, but maintaining that under those conditions for that period of time is too hard.

FORT Fogey
    To me, I think they must have changed it midway too. I think it was a wise decision on their part too.

It made it sort of "Survivorish" but no one was expecting it so it did change the game a lot! Kudos to the producers/directors.

+ Reply to Thread