+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Those little question cards that Mike reads

After tonight's final questions, I really don't have any doubt that they are somehow rigged based on who the producers want to stay. A pop culture reference compared to the history of a trail seems to suggest two levels of difficulty.

Fort Fashion Expert Kirsten1526's Avatar
    Tristan was the valedictorian of her highschool.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2233597;
    After tonight's final questions, I really don't have any doubt that they are somehow rigged based on who the producers want to stay. A pop culture reference compared to the history of a trail seems to suggest two levels of difficulty.
    Yes, it was an obscure question. I agree with you, it just isn't random.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

We felt it was kind of an obsure question but my husband pointed out that it must have been in the study materials. I hope they are not doing that 'cause that would be ILLEGAL!
    Last edited by RainbowWindy; 02-08-2007 at 03:18 PM.

Do you think the story of the Three Little Pigs was in the study material?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten1526;2234363;
    Do you think the story of the Three Little Pigs was in the study material?
    Well, it could have been, in passing... or sometimes chapters have a little poem or joke or story at the start to kind of set the stage. So if there was a chapter on "choosing your building materials" it might have had a reference to the story. For example, they might have said, if you live in Tornado Alley or on a hurricane prone coast brick is a better choice than wood, as the Little Pigs found.

Did anyone see the study material booklet? That way I can look up the ISBN number of the book and go to Barnes and Noble and read through the book to see if there was that story. But I seriously doubt it. My graduate textbooks have stories in them, but they reference real life situations, never animated or fictional ones. Books and professors always put emphasis on being able to apply learning to real life situations. They would never ever suggest something that would happen. Come on, that is messed up. You might have just asked her to recite Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.

JR.
    Tim McGraw = shenanigans!

This is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2233597;
    I got the Chisholm Trail question right . It ran about 10 miles east of where I now live.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I know this is tempting to believe...but I think the producers would be in HUGE legal trouble if they actually did this. It's a game show--if you fix it anyone who lost could sue for millions, plus it's illegal.
    Congrats, Newfherder! I knew it was somewhere in the Midwest (you are trying to get the cattle back east, not west), but not where.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast