+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beauty and the Geek: Interview with Tori - "My Best Asset Is My Heart"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2199743;
    Hepcat, I applaud that you had the stamina to get through that interview. Tori comes across as a complete airhead and a person who does not listen. Her answers were so repetitive that by the end of the interview I could also recite word for word what she would say. The more she talked the dumber she sounded. Educated my a$$ she is a functional illiterate.
    That interview was really hard for me to read through as well. I just read repetitive defensiveness. Perhaps she did get a horrible edit.. but she could have redeemed herself a bit more in the interview.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

JR.
    It's funny how you never hear any former reality show contestants say "I'm not really that nice, I just got a good edit".

Ooh now that would be funny
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Thank you SO MUCH Heppy-san.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2201344;
    It's funny how you never hear any former reality show contestants say "I'm not really that nice, I just got a good edit".
    Hee, JR.

I agree with a lot of you. At first I was really liking her (in the interview) but towards the end it was the same thing being said over and over again. And she doesn't care? Um, I'm thinking she really does.

So you did prepare for the interview?

I read maybe three or four pages of the book. And a lot of it was just pressure. Everyone was studying it, and everyone was watching me, and it was just really horrible.
    I don't know, but maybe if you'd studied, say, THE ENTIRE BOOK, you might've done a bit better.

I'm sure she's a sweet and smart girl and I wish her all the best.

Hepcat, great interview. Tori blames the reasons she did so badly, during the challenges on everybody else.

FORT Newbie
    oh my gosh, that girl IS as bad as she looked in the show, and she confirmed it with this interview. like bearcata noted, she didn't even get the gist of the questions being asked her, she was so defensive, and took no responsibility for her own actions.
    she faulted sanjay for not being supportive, but frankly, i couldn't have been supportive of her after that ridiculously embarrassing interview she mangled, and she did that on her own. her performance is what doomed her, NOT his actions after it. she claims to have prepared for things, but how freaking long does it take to read a whole 3-4 pages of that book? that is not preparation!
    hepcat's question about sanjay's joke went completely over her head. he had made a joke, basically at his OWN expense, about racial profiling of muslims, and she apparently missed that whole distinction that he was not making racist remarks about HER. and she took the discussion to some tangent about how perhaps the girls were perhaps trying to get rid of her because she was black. argh. not because she had shown herself to be one of the most incompetent players!
    she is a little delusional and contradictory, too. she claims that "if you know the kind of person I am—my family, my friends, they knew me from the get-go, when they saw this show, they said “Oh my God—you don’t even have to tell me, that show was so edited!”", but she quotes her own brother as questioning her why she didn't study more. hmmm, does her brother not qualify as family who knew her before? i call shenanigans. she has a lot of growth to do, and sadly perhaps, needed to be there more than most of them. rant over! :-)

Oh my.

I'm stunned that she thinks being prepared is reading 3-4 pages of a book.

She also seems to firmly believe if she repeats something enough we will all believe her.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I was willing to give her the benefit of doubt until I read that she only read 3 or 4 pages of Freakanomics. Yikes, Im surprised she admitted to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2202408;

I don't know, but maybe if you'd studied, say, THE ENTIRE BOOK, you might've done a bit better.

I'm sure she's a sweet and smart girl and I wish her all the best.
    Especially since despite the title, it's a very approachable book. She talked about the chapter on parenting, but if she had read the chapter, it's not really about parenting technique. But she asked generalized questions about being a parent that had nothing to do with that chapter, and definitely was not the overall theme of the book.

How could she have studied for so long and only finished 4 pages?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Maybe, in her world, reading four pages is studying for a long time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12