+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 1/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2195323;
    Andrea was listed as the beauty pageant queen.
    Oops, thanks .

I watched the premiere. Why? Nothing else on, I guess. Anyway, I did follow season 1 and got through it with only middling squishy feelings, but did not watch season 2. Now, however, I'm wondering if I'll bother with the next episode. All right, the basement dwellers actually applied to be on the show and the women - well - exposure comes to mind. Such a disparate group this time around. Maybe I'll tune in for the nymphomaniac, who in the preview couldn't properly cover the camera lens. Maybe I'll tune in to see if any of the guys can control their drool factor (won't happen.) Maybe I'll tune in because nothing else is on.

P.S. The girl with the attitude who left. I'm wondering if she's dyslexic and therefore has difficulty reading. At first I couldn't believe someone could be that dumb - but, then later realized her attitude came out from a defensive posture and, darn it all, I began to care what happened to her. Once more concept is being used as fodder for the grazing masses that watch reality tv - me included.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fanatic
    What amazes me about this show is the way that the women, many of whom are dumb, cheap-looking, bimbos with no prospects in life beyond Hooters waitressing, regard the guys as pitiful losers. Twenty years from now, girls, these guys will have good careers and be living satisfying lives, while you will be hanging around in bars with dim lighting trying to pick up drunken failed salesmen who majored in football at fifth rate colleges--if they went to college at all.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill;2195995;
    What amazes me about this show is the way that the women, many of whom are dumb, cheap-looking, bimbos with no prospects in life beyond Hooters waitressing, regard the guys as pitiful losers. Twenty years from now, girls, these guys will have good careers and be living satisfying lives, while you will be hanging around in bars with dim lighting trying to pick up drunken failed salesmen who majored in football at fifth rate colleges--if they went to college at all.
    The guys coming in also have their own snobbery thing going as they see the girls pretty much as you just described them above but the show is about both parties discovering that the other side is more like them than they realized. It's done a pretty good job the last 2 seasons in doing that and I don't doubt that this season it will accomplish the same thing.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I Is Stephanie
    I know that said "geeks" are into the game, and when the money make it's appearence, I don't think that any of them really thought about taking it.

The girls, however... they looked almost like they wern't taking the money only becuase their geeks wanted to stay in the game, and never would net go of the botons. Seems a little shallow, dontcha think?
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

FORT Fogey
    You know what I just noticed? Every single "geek" wears glasses.
    The beauty made mention of this last season during the interview process. It wouldn't be surprising that even if they didn't, the producers have them, so they could impress us with the "transformation" when they switch to contacts.

I Is Stephanie

As funny as that is, I suppose it is kind of true... TV is so shallow these days, especially reality TV. Don't you love it though?
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I think this season to tried to insert the more stereotypical geeks, which is disappointing. Last season had more variety. These makeovers are going to be very interesting...

FORT Fan
    Everyone says CC looks like Janelle, but I don't see it. I instantly thought of Anna Nicole Smith- without all of the makeup.
    I am glad Tori is gone as well- poor Sanjay...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;2197476;
    Everyone says CC looks like Janelle, but I don't see it. I instantly thought of Anna Nicole Smith- without all of the makeup.
    That's exactly who I thought she reminded me of too!

+ Reply to Thread