+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 1/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dara;2194446;
    Only every single library in the country.
    Its true that computers are used to find search for the call number on a book. But once you find that number on the computer you write it down and search through the books. Written on the side of every book is a number. The numbers are in order like you would expect.
    Actually, most libraries now use the Library of Congress system. Dewey Decimal is outdated.

But a numbering system is a numbering system. It should have been easy for a person with one brain cell to rub against another to find those books.

Frankly, I started wondering whether Tori could read beyond a very rudimentary level. If she couldn't, it might explain why she went to such lengths to manufacture a fight to avoid reading anything. She couldn't read the teleprompter either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2194334;
    Unless the editing wasn't fair, i'd say that this girl is both lazy and dumb. Sanjay was doomed from day 1.

Still, he should have handled the situation differently and encourage the girl - even if she didn't deserve it - to preserve his own tush in the house.

Well he could have but frankly I'm sure he may have had trouble doing that as he knew she hadn't studied anything and didn't even seem to try. So other then putting his arm around her and saying some sort of lie or at least saying "well maybe next time" there wasn't much he could say to her. Clearly she hadn't bothered to look at anything judging by her inability to answer any questions.

What kills me about the interview segment the girls had to do, is you could talk with the writer about the book without knowing much about the book. "why did you feel this was a subject matter important enough for a whole book?", "what part surprised you the most?" "if you were to pick on part of the book that you felt everyone should know, what would it be?"

(by the way, it is a great book, and very interesting)
    Last edited by nlmcp; 01-04-2007 at 10:57 AM. Reason: adding something I forgot
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Andrea was shown quite predominately in last night's show. Is that an indicator that she will be around for a long time?
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I really enjoyed the premier for this season!

A few thoughts...

The whole "booty" discussion was hilarious! : rofl When he started questioning the other geeks about the definition of booty and they also gave the "pirate treasure" answer I was cracking up!!

I really felt for the guys when they had to ask people to rub the suntan lotion on their backs. Someone asking me that would really creep me out, so unfortunately I would have been one of the people saying "No"!

At the beginning I was thinking Andrea was one of the most beautiful of the girls, but my opinion changed as the show when on. Her attitude is ugly! On the other hand CeCe and Jennylee grew on me because they seemed really sweet.

I was not sorry to see Tori and Sanjay go. I seemed like she wasn't trying and he was really hard on her.

I loved last night's premiere! These geeks are my favorite so far! Scooter and Piao were the best. My favorite Piao lines are:

"I need to stop laughing at funerals."

"My girlfriend kicked me in the wontons."

...and from his bio, "I almost got trampled standing in line for a Playstation 3."

I really really really hope Piao gets to stick around for a while.

Who do you guys think the token "hook up" couple is? They showed one of the geeks in bed with a beauty, but I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boxhill;2194543;
    Frankly, I started wondering whether Tori could read beyond a very rudimentary level. If she couldn't, it might explain why she went to such lengths to manufacture a fight to avoid reading anything. She couldn't read the teleprompter either.
    you have a very good point that i hadn't thought of ...

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2194617;
    The whole "booty" discussion was hilarious! : rofl When he started questioning the other geeks about the definition of booty and they also gave the "pirate treasure" answer I was cracking up!!.
    Hee, I was cracking up too. But to be perfectly honest, after he asked the booty question for the third time - and received the same answer - I wouldn't be surprised if that was all set up. Just sayin'.

I Is Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2194092;
    It is. No more little card files.
    "Dude, he totally stole my girl."

Actually, my school only just went virtual last May, before that, we all had to be able to find a book using the Dewey Decimal System faster than you could say "Dewey Decimal System."

And I'm glad to know that I'm the only one who thought that one of them was like a slightly less intellegant version of Janelle Pierzina... I thought I was going crazy, because I seriously thought that each one of them could have been a contestant on either Big Brother 6 or 7. That includes the host of the show. I'm thinking that this alone qualifies me for a Psyc. Evaluation...
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

FORT Fogey
    Only every single library in the country.
    Who uses libraries any more?

I Is Stephanie
    Wait.... I'm lost.... What's a library?

Not really, but I'm honestly not surprised that the girls couldn't find any books, or even figure out the system at first. Everything is now on these 2 little sites that everyone uses... they're called Google and Wikipedia, and they have more misinformation than any "librarys" could ever hope to have!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

+ Reply to Thread