+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Andrea & Matt - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2191517;
    In the first season, Mindi won and she was a college graduate ~ something that was not made known while the show was being aired. If I remember correctly of the second season winner, Cher never made an incorrect answer in the question and answer segment.
    Caitilin won. But both Mindi and Caitilin were pretty smart.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2191580;
    Caitilin won. But both Mindi and Caitilin were pretty smart.
    Whoops, you are correct ~ Mindi was runner up: Finale (7/6): A Few of Their Favorite Things
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

she reminds me of Ibis from Road Rules

KC Beauty Meets The Geeks

The Kansas City Star
    A new edition of reality show “Beauty and the Geek” starts tonight, and a local beauty queen is among eight women chosen to compete with eight Nerdly Nerdlingtons for a $250,000 prize.

Andrea Ciliberti, the 2005 Miss Missouri USA, was picked after a friend, St. Joseph weathercaster Nima Shaffe, dragged her along to an audition.

“I’m so excited to see it,” said Ciliberti, 23, calling from the parking lot of her family’s restaurant, Sorrento’s, in the Northland.

In “Beauty and the Geek,” which airs at 7 tonight on the CW (KCWE-29), each of the “gorgeous but academically impaired women,” as CW publicity calls them, is paired with one “brilliant but socially challenged” guy. If the pair can survive a series of social and intellectual challenges — as well as each other — they will claim the jackpot.

Naturally you wonder what Ciliberti thinks about being typecast this way. In her interview with producers (Shaffe said it went “way longer than any other girl’s”), she froze up when asked what hydrogen and water combine to make.

“For some reason I said air,” Ciliberti said. “When you get asked several questions at once there’s bound to be one you get stumped on.”

Her associate’s degree from Maple Woods Community College and her focus on small business accounting suggest she’s anything but an airhead. Ciliberti plans to give TV a run for the money before completing her education. She doesn’t have an agent, but that hasn’t stopped her from doing just about every modeling gig in Kansas City, from TV commercials to Hallmark cards.

As for life in the reality-TV bubble, there were few dull moments, and things even got, in her words, “hot and heavy” among some of the contestants.

“I was surprised to see the actual amount of reality,” Ciliberti said. “This show is all real. They don’t prompt you to say anything.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Aaron Barnhart, The Star

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...g/16367773.htm
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I do not like anything about this girl
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

BlondieGal

I don't like her much at all. Too competitive but unlike Cher - not winning challenges. Being a beauty queen - you would have thought she would have done better in the interview. She should be poised under pressure - don't ya think? I like Matt.

I like Andrea, sure she comes off as too competitive but I would be also if I saw my partner walking around, not even trying to communicate with other people. I hope she lights a spark under Matt.

FORT Fogey
    Looks a lot better on TV than in the picture. Now if only they could do something about her personality.

FORT Fogey
    As it stands, Andrea's personality makes her one of the ugliest people on the show.

I hope to see a transformation throughout this process....for her sake.

Poor Matt. I really like him, and he's stuck with her. She's such a bitch and you all know she's there for the money. I mean she was highly considering taking the money to quit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast