+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tori & Sanjay - Season 3

Tori's whole demeanour changed after she was the last one to find the three library books. She just wasn't able to get over that fact and it affected her performance before, during and after the interview challenge.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    There's some speculation on the show discussion site that she can't read...or just barely...maybe dyslexic...and that that's why she also had trouble with the teleprompter. If so would be a pretty cruel situation to be in. Wonder if the producers were aware.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2197766;
    There's some speculation on the show discussion site that she can't read...or just barely...maybe dyslexic...and that that's why she also had trouble with the teleprompter. If so would be a pretty cruel situation to be in. Wonder if the producers were aware.
    That would be cruel to put a dyslexic in show like this. However, I'm sure there are some people who sort of work around that. I thought I read somewhere that Tom Cruise has dyslexia and has some sort of systematc approach to learning his lines and reading.

I don't know anyone who has dyslexia so unfortunately I'm very ignorant of this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2197726;
    The problem with the term "Asian" is that the US govt. lumps 2 totally different ethnic/racial groups into that category...South Asians and East Asians look nothing alike. Thanks to the Korean War and the Vietnam War there are a lot of East Asian-Midwestern couples. South Asians (whom an anthropologist would put in the same racial group as Europeans) have the good fortune not to have, yet, been in a major war with us. Interestingly, in Britain South Asians are commonly referred to as "black" and lumped with people of African descent, no matter what their skin color. Just shows you how messed up the whole "racial" categories thing is. But I agree, two pairings of South Asian-American male and African-American female...low probability event.
    I missed the opening show (darn that vacation! ), so am glad to see the rerun will be on tonight.
    Yeah, it is remarkable the different categorizations nations put races and ethnicities. I have an Australian friend who told me what they consider "black" and various other racial and ethnic categories. So, I'm not really surprised at what is considered "Black" in Britian. I really don't consider it so much as "messed up" but, just a category. I honestly feel that human beings have a need to category everyone just as we do with animals. The only time I take offense to it is when someone uses a derogatory remark.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2195383;
    Me too! What a waste. She didn't even try and then blamed Sanjay. I feel bad for him.
    yea, i was like at her when she was mad and basically blew up at him when they were at the table. I mean she was the one that chose to not study the book and did terrible in the interview and then she had the nerve to blame that on sanjay. what did she expect him to do when she came out of the interview? praise her on what an "incredible" job she did?IMO, i think he was rather nice by not telling her that she sucked to her face. i just feel bad for sanjay for having a partner like her.

Let's keep this thread on-topic, please, and take the discussion of race in general to the Current Events forum.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Regular
    i am so glad they went home. tori was such a pain. i think sanjay was one of the best guys in the competition but it was really unfair for him to get such a partner but you know what, it was chance so yeah

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2197745;
    Tori's whole demeanour changed after she was the last one to find the three library books. She just wasn't able to get over that fact and it affected her performance before, during and after the interview challenge.
    oh yeah, she was majorly upset. i can understand why but then again you could tell she gave up which was pretty pathetic. they had a lot of potential but i didnt like tori so much. nothing personal, just the way she thought

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    There's an interesting interview with her on another thread....apparently she did study some, etc.

Yes, Tori's interview can be found here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast