+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tori & Sanjay - Season 3

Extremely happy that Tori is gone. She wanted Sanjay to tell her she did good in the interview challenge???? She sucked and she was lucky he didn't say that because it was the truth. I'm wondering what he did say since she went on about how no one was going to treat her that way. I didn't see anything bad about how he treated her at that time. I didn't care for him in the beginning and all his talk about booty with her. High school-type conversation - grow up.
    She didn't study, made no effort and didn't pay attention - it was obvious. Glad she's gone now.

FORT Fogey
    Me too! What a waste. She didn't even try and then blamed Sanjay. I feel bad for him.

I am so disappointed in this couple! Especially Tori. I can't believe she turned out to be such a drama queen! Her all about me act was extremely annoying. So glad to see them go!

They didn't reach the level of the far more superior african american/indian team of Jennipher and Ankur. Too bad.

Fort Fashion Expert Kirsten1526's Avatar
    I didn't like her. There are a lot of prima donnas this season.

Thinking about it some more, I really liked Tori at the beginning of the show. She showed a great sense of humor, especially when Sanjay was giving her that "Yes/No" quiz. There must have been something that happen, which we weren't shown, that changed her attitude so dramatically. I still think she didn't put enough effort into the studying part, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet;2195878;
    Thinking about it some more, I really liked Tori at the beginning of the show. She showed a great sense of humor, especially when Sanjay was giving her that "Yes/No" quiz. There must have been something that happen, which we weren't shown, that changed her attitude so dramatically.
    I agree. At first, I thought she was going to be the least 'superficial' of the bunch. The way she was relating to him and that whole "booty" segment (it is pirate's treasure isn't it ). But then there was a drastic change in attitude and/or editing. Her lack of effort certainly put the team at a disadvantage and the 'all about me' attitude was not going to do them any favours. Glad she's gone. Wish Sanjay could have stayed a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by skwadim;2194706;
    Well, my guess is they have to pander to the midwest fan base. You see, a white-asian couple may not be quick enough to garner the "they're cute they're cute" response as a couple where skintones atleast appear to match.
    Now... now... now... I find that notion very hard to swallow. There are plenty enough White-Asian couples in the midwest, especially where the man is Asian and the woman is White. And there have certainly been plenty (in relation of how many Asians,especially Asian men, are on reality tv and gameshows) enough Asian involved in couplings with Whites done in reality tv.

This is the first show, in back-to-back seasons, where the coupling involved an Asian man and Black woman.

Too bad I missed seeing this couple on tv. Wednesdays are uisually bad for me! Maybe I'll try to remember to catch a rerun or something...

Oh! I just found out that the encore is tonight. I'll watch it if I remember...

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2197655;
    Now... now... now... I find that notion very hard to swallow. There are plenty enough White-Asian couples in the midwest, especially where the man is Asian and the woman is White. And there have certainly been plenty (in relation of how many Asians,especially Asian men, are on reality tv and gameshows) enough Asian involved in couplings with Whites done in reality tv.

This is the first show, in back-to-back seasons, where the coupling involved an Asian man and Black woman.

Too bad I missed seeing this couple on tv. Wednesdays are uisually bad for me! Maybe I'll try to remember to catch a rerun or something...
    The problem with the term "Asian" is that the US govt. lumps 2 totally different ethnic/racial groups into that category...South Asians and East Asians look nothing alike. Thanks to the Korean War and the Vietnam War there are a lot of East Asian-Midwestern couples. South Asians (whom an anthropologist would put in the same racial group as Europeans) have the good fortune not to have, yet, been in a major war with us. Interestingly, in Britain South Asians are commonly referred to as "black" and lumped with people of African descent, no matter what their skin color. Just shows you how messed up the whole "racial" categories thing is. But I agree, two pairings of South Asian-American male and African-American female...low probability event.
    I missed the opening show (darn that vacation! ), so am glad to see the rerun will be on tonight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast