+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beauty and the Geek 3 set for January 3rd

Beauty and the Geek 3 set for January 3rd

'Beauty and the Geek's Pair Up for New Season
    More social awkwardness lies ahead
    November 28, 2006

'Beauty and the Geek' Season 3 A whole new crop of brainy but awkward guys will meet with attractive but academically challenged women in the third season of Ashton Kutcher and Jason Goldberg's ("Punk'd") social experiment, "Beauty and the Geek."

The CW announced Tuesday (Nov. 28) that the reality show will make its two-hour season premiere on Wednesday, Jan. 3 and will continue in that timeslot for eight consecutive episodes.

"In 'Beauty and the Geek,' Ashton and Jason have created a compelling and entertaining examination of how society views appearance and intelligence, and the third edition is easily the best one yet," says the CW's President of Entertainment, Dawn Ostroff. "This series is the perfect companion to seamlessly bridge our two cycles of '[America's Next] Top Model' this season and continue The CW's momentum on Wednesday nights."

Photo Gallery: 'Beauty and the Geek' - Season 3
    http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-th...news-headlines

The formula for the contest will remain the same: each geek will pair with a beauty for a chance to win a $250,000 grand prize. In order to compete, the women must learn some intellectual skill from their partner, while the men will in turn learn some social skills. In the past, the female contestants have had to learn how to give a speech and read a map, while the guys were challenged with shopping for women's clothes and dancing in front of an audience.

This season promises similar awkward challenges. The guys will brush up on their performance and humor skills to deliver a stand-up routine and then get over their embarrassment and hormonal upheaval when asked to sketch a nude model. The women will have to stay on top of current events for a television newscast and become knowledgable enough to act as museum tour guides.

Here are the names and hometowns of each of the beauties, followed by their respective geeks:

Tori -- Elk Grove, Illinois
    Sanjay -- Westminster, California

Sheree -- Live Oak, Florida
    Piao -- Lorton, Virginia

Nadia -- Burr Ridge, Illinois
    Mario -- Bridgeport, West Virginia

Jennylee -- Sherman Oaks, California
    Neils -- Berkeley, California

Cecille -- Los Angeles, California
    Nate -- Evergreen, Colorado

Erin -- Chicago, Illinois
    Drew -- Chicago, Illinois

Andrea -- Kansas City, Missouri
    Matt -- Goldens Bridge, New York

Megan -- Boca Raton, Florida
    Alan, aka "Scooter" -- Cambridge, Massachusetts

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-be...p-tv-headlines
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Newbie
    ok going a bit off topic but i just started watching season 2 of beauty and the geek if you watched it can you please tell me who hooks up on there? i saw the commerical and 1 of the pairs kissed do you know who this is ?

Quote Originally Posted by sta11ker;2163370;
    ok going a bit off topic but i just started watching season 2 of beauty and the geek if you watched it can you please tell me who hooks up on there? i saw the commerical and 1 of the pairs kissed do you know who this is ?
    That would be Cher and Wes. They became a real couple on the show.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

How old are the contestants this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;2163780;
    That would be Cher and Wes. They became a real couple on the show.
    I think they might still be together. They showed up arm in arm at the Big in 06 awards on VH1... I didn't like her personality very much during the show.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Fort Fashion Expert Kirsten1526's Avatar
    There are a lot of people from California on there. I'm sad there's nobody representing Texas this year.

I wasn't that happy with Cher at the beginning but I grew to like her. She did change for the good. Josh was so adorable. I wanted him to win from day 1. I loved how the show used his Hot Tub experience as a metaphor for his experience there as a whole. I wonder how he is doing now.

I hate to be judgemental, but those beauties aren't as pretty as the first 2 seasons. The guy I predict to be the best looking one after the makeover is Andrew for now.
    Last edited by Kirsten1526; 12-10-2006 at 01:21 AM.

If you guys are B&TG fans, you should know that we'll be doing interviews for this run of the show.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Awesome news hepcat!
    Yup, with donuts!!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;2160984;
    The guys will ... then get over their embarrassment and hormonal upheaval when asked to sketch a nude model.

this made me giggle!

i missed the 2nd season becuase we didn't get the channel it was on, but i watched the first season and loved it. i'm glad i'll be able to catch it this time around.

^ Judging from those photos...i cant quite predict who will be the hot one after makeover

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast