+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next season -- gender role reversal

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Next season -- gender role reversal

I just read that there is a smart women, cute dumb guys version in the works. In Feb. 20 Time (the one with Google guys on the cover), p. 65.

Really!!? Thats great I think that will go great

Frankly, to get viewers the "smart girls" probably still have to be hotties, even if unpolished ones.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Sadly, I'm afraid Krom is probably right yet again . After all, look at last night's BAG...apparently the producers think frumpy clothes are enough to make a cute girl totally undesireable.
    I'll hope this isn't the case, and check to see though!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

honestly, i love this show, but as a single young adult male, i dont see a whole lot that would interest me seeing hunky guys and ugly girls on tv. call me a sexist if you want.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by philadelphonic1 View Post
    honestly, i love this show, but as a single young adult male, i dont see a whole lot that would interest me seeing hunky guys and ugly girls on tv. call me a sexist if you want.
    I have a feeling the girls won't be ugly. They'll probably do something like what goes on in the movies, make them wear glasses and put their hair up

Let's be frank. What we are likely to get are girls who are not overweight. They will probably have bad hair, or glasses. or dress badly, and will probably be intellectuals. The producers will show the photos to some stylists, designers and doctor types, who will probably be able to determine that with hair styling and coloring, contact lenses, better clothes, and attitude adjustments, they will be passably pretty girls, if not supermodels. Mainly these will be girls who probably just never bothered, because they don't dare include girls who need surgical work or serious weight loss or psychiatric counseling. At least one will be an absolute hottie underneath whatever state she's in initially. At least one will be a member of Mensa.

The guys will be surfer or skater dudes, muscle beach/gym bums, male models, and other types of metrosexuals--limited of course to the dumb bum kinds, not the corporate successful kinds. At least one, but no more than half, will be insensitive lunkheads, like the pretty boys they get for the Average Joe shows. At least one will be a total lothario, who will come on to multiple women, perhaps even before any transformation.
    Last edited by Krom; 02-21-2006 at 07:42 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    The WB has historically targeted young females. While every WB show has had hot girls, I'd think hot guys would be more appealing to their target demographic. That said, the girls definitely won't be fat, and regardless of their grooming habits and how they dress, they'll all probably look at least decent in a bikini.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    What's a little hard for me to see, is what the girls will see in the guys, beyond maybe enjoying a brief make out session. Once they've had the fun of being pursued a bit they'd also want a guy they could carry on a conversation with... and who had a prayer of earning a living once his looks went. Unless some of the guys are like Cher, not really dumb, just as the girls are (probably mostly) like Wes, basically good looking.
    Are these guys hair stylists? What are they going to "teach" the girls? To talk about things that interest boys? Please, not the 50's again! That said, of course I'll watch, just to find out the answer to my questions!

I would love to see this. in fact, I would love to try out for the 'geek'! My boyfriend was astounded that I knew what Captain Kirk's middle name was.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast